The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

It's almost 2022. What's your DbD wish?

2»

Comments

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Good design team who knows things like infinite healing would break the game before they release it on live

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Pig buffs

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

My wish is to see a new mandatory objective or early game mechanic implemented into the game.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Same as every year.

A full Child's Play chapter.

Chucky, Andy and for the map, either the doll factory or perhaps boot camp (though 2 isn't the best film, it would be a nice change in scenery from our usual maps)

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

To be frank… I would rather see a complete asymmetrical horror game.

there are SO many great characters.

i would main Jennifer

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,741

Honestly Bleach or BURN THE WITCH chapter but that's because the dbd community is very good at fanart (that type of fanart) and I wanna see Grimmjow, Ichigo, or Bruno. Also they'd be cool in game (and Noel is iconic so I wouldn't mind her either).

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Gonna be the first 3 survivor chapter.

Chanel, Chad and Mrs. Munsch (marking the OG Queen's 2nd licenced appearance, which feels appropriate)

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473

Quality of Life updates, a lot of them, fix bugs, console performances, perks balancing (Killer and Survivor), there is a lot to do in Quality of Life updates and I want them to happen frequently

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Just...too many things.

• Hook spawns improved so that a single sabo won't create a huge deadzone on some maps.
    • Dual lockers guaranteeing a flashlight save removed.
    • Weaker killers buffed.
    • BP gains of BBQ/WGLF made baseline for both sides.
    • The Thing chapter.
    • Less cheaters.
    • Flashlight macros removed.
    • CoH nerfed.
    • DH validation issues fixed.
    • Weak perks on both sides buffed.
    • A lot of maps reworked.
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Gen rework. Allows for tunneling and camping changes. Which then makes changes to gen and second chance perks. A cap to map size. Finished map reworks. And The Thing brought in.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Bots as killers

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Nothing.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 683
    edited December 2021

Prestige and GRIND Rework

Turn OFF MMR System

Trickster's map

Survivors NERF

Boon totem NERF

SoloQ BUFF

Decent EVENTS

Crossprogression between consoles and steam.

Unlink set cosmetics

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274
    edited December 2021

a perk overhaul that makes every single perk in the game viable so we dont see the same 4 perks

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I'd love to see less grind in terms of BP's and levelling perks up. It's so tedious to buy a character for one perk in particular, spending thousands of BP's to get the teachable, then not only wait for the teachable to show up in other's characters' webs, but spend thousands more to level it up to purple tier. You can quite literally spend millions of BP's just to get a specific perk, and this unfairly puts people who can't spend hours upon hours on the game at a disadvantage. At most, I can play the game 2-3 hours a week which just doesn't equate to that many blood points. I've been playing the game a year now and there's still countless perks I'm yet to access. I'd far rather see a blood point 'store' opposed to a web where you can buy perks, items, and addons. I'd make the specific items and perks more expensive in terms of bp's so you still have to sae up for them, but you no longer need to grind through hundred of bloodwebs and waste thousands of BP's on items and add ons you'll never use.

My final wish would be a Trickster map. I imagine abandoned backstreets in Seoul at night-time, with flickering neon shop signs and lots of mist. It could be really atmospheric and would be a welcome change from a lot of the DBD which are so dark and drab. This is why I love Autohaven because it has those green undertones, and really miss the old blue Macmillan maps.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I really agree with this too. I solo-Q a lot as survivor and the games are so inconsistent; you're either sitting on gens all game which is mind-numbingly boring, or you're being chased all game and really have to focus super hard. It'd be nice to have a 'middle-ground' objective if that makes sense? As in it's not as intense as being chased and trying to escape the killer, but it's not as monotonous as repairing gens.

• Oiry
    Oiry Member Posts: 218

Most importantly, I wish the devs are going to communicate more openly and let us know where the game is headed. Certain design decisions are unclear. Like Why did they add CoH to the game? Do they want killers to tunnel? Or do they just want being injured to generally hold less value for the killers? Is there going to be a compensation for killers or do they consider this as balanced? Basically there is 0 communication currently.

Revert Pyramidhead nerfs. Maybe revert slinger nerfs (or add some compensation at the very least)

Nerf boons, or CoH specifically.

Make some antifacecamping features for the survivors. (Maybe make kindred baseline, or at least show all other survivor's auras if someone is hooked)

Ideally add a ping system for the survivors so that they have a minimal amount of communication even in SoloQ (things like "I see a totem", "I am going for the save" "I am working on a generator" " I see the killer") This by itself will make it easier to counter face camping in general

Buff Myers (even adding some QoL features would be a huge improvement)

Rework Pyramid addons

Rework a lot of problematic maps (RPD and it's bros)

Consider adding Corrupt Intervention as baseline

And a lot more... but well... Except for the CoH nerf I think none of this is going to happen.. Even for the CoH nerf we'll have to wait a year...

• skratchh
    skratchh Member Posts: 10

map design better

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553
    edited December 2021

More atmospheric and Psychological horror elements being brough to the game via maps, mechanics and killers.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

My big wish for DBD in 2022. Is to get rid of the hacking problem that has started happening.

It might have something to do with it coming to epic games. It might not but it feels like hacking has gotten really bad

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Take 6 months off to improve the game's health. Also a proper bot mode for practicing, and a new blood web to reduce the grind.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Nemesis

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Quite a few things actually.

• New gameplay mechanics not tied to a killer or perks.
    • Less grind in general but, specifically, the removal of perk tiers.
    • A new and better bloodweb and prestige system.
    • A new pregame lobby where we could move around and interact with players as survivor or practice a bit with killer to learn their power.
    • A crafting system to get rid of unwanted offerings, addons and items but gain better ones in the process.
    • BETTER ANTI-CHEAT AND PLAYER PROTECTION!
    • Of course, new chapters, two specific licensed ones I'd love to see is FNAF and Alien. A og one that I'd love to see is that Spider in the tomes.

These are some of the main ones that I can think of right now but, if I can think of any more in the future, I'll edit them in.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    • remove perk tiers
    • slower release for new killers, reducing the chances of a patch releasing buggy or at least a longer beta
    • less obnoxious rift challenges
  • PoodleDoodle
    PoodleDoodle Member Posts: 26

For bhvr to do something about the cheating problem. It's ######### pathetic when you have fog whisperers straight up saying reporting doesn't do anything about it and they themselves have given up on reporting them Some have even straight up mentioned they are bordering on incompetence.

How sad is it when the supposed people who are there to represent your game they reporting cheating problem is pointless and even they straight up imply nothing is being done to address the problem.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

fixing the 1000 bugs this game has since release, but thats why is a wish, is not gonna happen.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

If we could Freddy Hag, that'd make my year.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    • Remove Grades from the endgame scoring screen, they're not used in matchmaking so knowing the opponent's Grade is just confusing for a lot of people. Replace them with some sort of rough indication of the MMR bracket, or don't show anything.
    • Here's hoping Sadako in Ringu is cool! 😊 I know I'm more excited about this IP at least than I was Resident Evil or Silent Hill and I liked those killers well enough, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Ringu
    • Implement a behind the scene system where when someone submits an ingame ticket that requires a game replay a replay file is automatically saved on Behavior's server and attached to the ticket. That would remove the onus of recording games from players who may or may not have any idea how to record them or happen to be recording them when they see something that needs to be reported, and would (I hope at least) help customer service validate tickets more efficiently
    • Find a way to bring the bots from DbD Mobile to the PC version. Those bots are great for just practicing new characters and exploring maps, as well as for filling in for disconnected human players.
    • I think McClean mentioned a few months ago that the devs were possibly considering making the perks all automatically be rank 3. That would definitely help with some of the clutter in the bloodwebs if they go that direction.
    • Pick a date and have a system that shows you your historical stats on or after that date. The devs commented a while back that they could be interested in having us be able to see some of our own stats but were worried about it maybe being confusing if your stats only went back so far. If that's still the main concern, just speaking for myself, I think I'd be happier with a system that has data from whatever the live date is for that system moving forward then no stat system at all.
    • Consider replacing the bloodpoint bonuses on add-ons that give you a hinderance in exchange for that bonus with a different type of effect that's useful in game. For instance, Padded Jaws makes Trapper's traps not injure survivors but give extra points per trap event (up to the usual cap). Instead give Padded Jaws some other benefit, like maybe they're faster to set or you get extra traps or... well, anything other than just bloodpoints. 🙂 If the benefit for these perks actually impacted the game then maybe more people would be inclined to use them now and then.
    • Look into some sort of server side tracking of movement speeds, altitudes and health recovery speeds to check for impossible measurements. And if someone is moving impossibly fast or healing impossibly fast or way too often, etc, flag the game, record it, and temporarily suspend the player pending review. A measurements validation could be a way to beat a fairly wide variety of cheats without having to actually know exactly how the cheaters are getting those results (i.e. you don't need to know how someone built a car to know if it's speeding, you just have to measure its speed.)
    • Killer emotes. Survivors have emotes, let the killers have some too. Personally I'd love to be able to do a fun killer touchdown dance so to speak after a hook or whatever. 😄 If they really wanted to go all in on it, even, they could make it a cosmetic animation you load and give them out in the Rifts alongside the usual charms, etc.
    • Take a look at the two or three worst performing killer and survivor perks and buff or revamp them. No need to reinvent the wheel on all the perks across the board, just take for instance Monstrous Shrine and give it a revamp. (I'm assuming Monstrous Shrine is one of the worst, but if it's not go with whatever is the worst.)
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited December 2021

I just want the developers to do something really good to make up for the NFTs. I don't care what it is, I just need something really good to get that bad taste out of my mouth (I love the game and community too much to outright leave it, but I want to be able to feel good playing it again).

Now that the slight serious stuff it out of the way, I wish Bill gets a Santa outfit next Christmas.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Feeling the same… though I think it’s unfair to blame the developers as many of them were not aware of the NFT stuff and found out almost the same way as we did (at least that’s how I observed it)

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Yeah, sorry I said "developers" it's just an easy term for me to refer to a company as, if that makes sense. What I meant was maybe somewhere in the marketing department? Either way, whatever decided the NFTs were good enough I actively want to show my dissatisfaction by not playing, and I just want something for them to do to convince me otherwise.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Optimization, can’t get a ######### series x and can’t afford an S or laptop so i’m stuck in hell here