The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Putting old Hangman's Trick onto a Scourge Hooks ("New" perk idea)

Ssajbambusa
Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
edited December 2021 in Polls

Hangman's Trick used to make the hooks come back after short time when destroyed in the sacrifice process.

I think this would make for an interesting perk I would actually use to prevent hook dead zones (which is a thing on couple of maps, including the newest one). It could either be replaced by the Hangman's Trick (as this would fit the Pig thematically) or be just a new perk.

Since it is a Scourge Hook perk, meaning it works only on limited amount of hooks (Old Hangman's Trick worked on every hook and people didn't use it) I added unhooking penalty which is increased by the same amount thes sabotaging is.

Scourge Hook: Mr.Fixit

Your ingenious modifications to hooks prevent tampering and permanent damage.

At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks.

Scourge Hook destroyed by any means spawns back after 10 seconds.

Sabotaging a Scourge Hook requires 50/75/100% more time and charges and also creates loud noise notification when it begins. Unhooking a survivor hooked on a Scourge Hook also takes this much longer.

Putting old Hangman's Trick onto a Scourge Hooks ("New" perk idea) 10 votes

Good idea
30%
FFirebranddSsajbambusaCowabungaDude 3 votes
Bad idea
40%
TapeKnotLeonardo1italandromatAwkward_Fiend 4 votes
Other
30%
MrPenguinTheHunter2529qnyun 3 votes

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277
    Bad idea

I think this perk should not be a scourge hook, and should have a complete rework to make it worth using

• Ssajbambusa
    Good idea

@Leonardo1ita Got a proposition for change?

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277
    edited December 2021
    Bad idea

No, but I remember I heard better ideas, like from Otz and others

• Ssajbambusa
    Good idea

@Leonardo1ita You could paste them here in that case...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Why limit it to Scourge Hooks? Hypothetically say you had a perk that just said “Destroyed hooks come back 100% faster than normal and take 100% longer to sabotage and give a noise alert when sabotaged”. I doubt that would be overpowered, would do the same thing you’re asking for, but would also have an effects even on its own without using Scourge Hooks.

• Ssajbambusa
    edited December 2021
    Good idea

@dugman Because your proposition does not resurrect hooks used in sacrifice and thus is useless

Also longer unhooking time is actually a new mechanic and it would fit Scourge Hooks well as the scarier hooks to get hooked on - way more grabs if survivor is too cocky.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

It would be kinda lightborn level. Just something to screw survivors when you see stacked items.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Well sure, a perk that makes sabotaging much harder across the board would be kind of like Lightborn for sabo. Seems ok to me. 🤷‍♂️

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited December 2021
    Other

we don't need more bandaid perks, the problem is the scourge hooks break is a fundamental problem with the mechanic. They should either respawn or move to a different hook at base. There's already only 4, they're already random, they shouldn't also go down in number just for using them if you get the opportunity on the wrong survivor.

Again, at base. There's only 4 perk slots, we cant run more baindaids, changes to base mechanics need to be made.

• Ssajbambusa
    Good idea

@MrPenguin The whole idea behind Scourge Hook perks is having 4 hooks that are stronger than the others, if you just make them bounce to the other hook once inactive or destroyed you might aswell do this a simple 'on hook' perks - which would made Pain Resonance absolutely broken.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited December 2021
    Other

Then just leave them as they are. Its the same problem if they respawn so lets not do that either if that's your opinion.

You can't always get to a scourge, its only 4 hooks on the entire map. Making them bounce or respawn would just stop them breaking just because you won a chase with a survivor that's dead on hook while you're near one.

Respawning does the same thing except now you don't even lose the hook. Its a better effect than moving the perk hook so your suggestion would also "made Pain Resonance absolutely broken" since its a better effect.

"if you just make them bounce to the other hook once inactive or destroyed you might as well do this a simple 'on hook' perks"

Why? No one said make it effect every hook or increase the amount. If you're gonna make the hook respawn once inactive or destroyed you might as well do the same thing then.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • TheHunter2529
    TheHunter2529 Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2022
    Other

A decent idea making hangman's trick a scourge hook perk, but it would have to be reworked in some other way because your idea is still too weak to be used.

• Ssajbambusa
    Good idea

Bumping the topic, because I genuinely think this is actually balanced and usefull (I personally would use it, cause I hate hook generation algorhytm).