Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do You Want SBMM Gone?

Tru3 started petition. He is known as DbD streamer and i am glad he is voicing for community. Please sign this.

I have not hope but it is worth to try. Maybe BHVR will listen their community.

https://chng.it/fxHgDDjk

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Yeah i remember that. Disappointment. Old console players are probably most unlucky DbD players.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I wish we had old ranking system (keep the look of the new grades cause they look good). Same reset every 13th and make it harder to pip on survivor end.

Ranks 1-15 reset to 16.

Ranks 16-20 reset to 20.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Why would I want a more fair matchmaking to be gone?

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Not supporting that streamer or his opinions but the current sbmm is bad for the game.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

Problem with SBMM, it is only cares kills and escapes. This is reason i hated so much.

As killer it is not looks: are you good at chases or not, gens are flying or slow on your games. It looks just your kills. Same for survivors. You can be god looper but if you die, you will get baby killers and teammates.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited January 2022

It should be harder for both sides. IMO you gain Pips faster as Killer compared to Survivor, because as Killer, you can have a bad game and still get a blackpip. As Survivor, it is most likely a Depip.

Also, it is quite hard to double-pip as Survivor, since it involves actually surviving. Double-Pips as Killer are easier as well.

@Topic:

First of all, I dont think MMR will go at any point. BHVR is stubborn, they wont admit mistakes.

Second, the old Ranking System was ######### as well. It was bad.

But, MMR is also not good at all and it does not really make sense to have MMR in a casual game like DBD. Especially, because it is such a simple formula. And it cannot be complicated, because this is impossible. You would have to calculate every Perk, every Add On used and even the Map itself to have a decent Rating. This is not possible.

If they want to keep MMR, they should at least change it to Hooks and Team Escapes. The one guy who died should not lose MMR if 3 others escaped. And the Killer should not increase their MMR, if they camp in the Endgame and get a 2K with NOED, when they did not get any Hook before.

OR they revert it to the old ranking system, but change a bit:

• Make it harder to rank up on both sides
    • Keep the Reward for reaching Rank 1
    • Bigger Rank Reset - maybe not back to Ash 4/Rank 20, but the old Rank Reset which set back from Rank 1 to Rank 10 (or something like that) was alright. The games you had for the first 2-3 weeks each month after Rank Reset were good. And I even think that the Matchmaking back then was more skillbased at some point, simply because Killers who are good will rank up fast and Survivors who are good will also rank up fast, so at some point (at least during the first week) those were paired with each other.
  • Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Yeah no SBMM isn't bad the balance of the game is. SBMM actually does a good job compared to that abomination we had before where red rank killers would get rainbow rank survivors and yellow killers got full team of reds.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Signed because they need to do something to make matchmaking be more than just escapes and kills.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

I think the same, honestly. They put to much work and 3 tests for a stupid mmr based on kill/escape, basically a 1+1=2 system.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

SBMM is here to stay and everything knows that. SBMM never introduced any new balance porblems, only exposed them, so I don't see a reason for it to be removed. What I want is for it to be tweaked so it actually measures skill, unlike it's current iteration

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

To be honest, I don't know. As a survivor main I think MMR has improved my experience more and I don't get Blight, Nurse and Spirit every game like others suggest. In fact Spirit is very rare, Nurse's are rare and Blight's are uncommon. At the moment Bubba's seem to be the most common killer.

I don't know.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

No, I don't want it gone. I want it reworked to actually be a real SBMM and not based on kills/escapes, which literally mean nothing

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

I want cheaters gone first

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

I much prefer SBMM to how it was before. There are certainly some improvements that need addressing, especially for newer players who get shafted with stronger players, but this problem was far worse before SBMM was introduced.

Rather than a petition to get rid of it, suggestions as to how people feel they can competently improve this to be put forward would vastly improve.

Besides, many petitions end up being a complete waste of time, and BHVR are more likely to work on the new system than scrap it entirely

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845

Nah, i prefer SBMM over old ranking.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

New SBMM is kind of bad, you win a single game game as a killer and supposedly you're a God killer that deserves to go against the best loopers. Needless to say if you purchase a killer you shouldn't go to a great player as you don't even know how to use it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yes.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I just want SBMM to take individual killer score into acount more than it does.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Yes. I'll happily sign that, not that it will do any good.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I would say the formula it uses is broken and that SBMM is not necessarily the issue by itself. It certainly changed the game and I cannot say that my games have been better for it. Just don’t base it off of kills and escapes. Look at perks used, items, offerings, number of hooks, number of gens completed, unhooks, etc….

They have all this data. Use it. You can see the escape rate on killers. On maps. It’s not rocket science. It’s skill science. Lol.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited January 2022

Yes, I want SBMM gone.

But even with a petition, it's never going to leave the game. The devs have worked a long time on it, so I doubt they'll remove it.

• conqueror_worm__
    conqueror_worm__ Member Posts: 96

I don't have a problem with the match making, I've been keeping a record of my games and it is currently at 52 escapes and 48 deaths as survivor so it is pretty balanced in that respect, last night I was playing with a pal and we got absolutely annihilated 5 games on the bounce, then we had a couple that we managed to escape.

As survivor its a little more difficult and I struggle against players that are way better than me but at the same time I come up against teams that I can just destroy.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

SBMMR was the best thing that could happen to DbD. Because now everyone can see how unbalanced the game is.

So no, lets keep the SBMMR and balance the game instead.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

I don't want SBMM gone, but I want it to actually take skill into account and actually match me with players of my skill. I guess I want it to actually work.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

SBMM is fine, balance however is not. Will be interesting to see what happens balance wise in the mid chapter ptb coming up.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I'm torn. I like the idea of SBMM, and there are some improvements over the way things used to be (specifically, that a survivor won't end up in the very highest tier of matchmaking just by dint of knowing that they have to do gens and unhook people), but other problems weren't fixed or even noticeably worsened (lack of matchmaking protections throws new survivors/killers to highly experienced survivors/killers), and the criteria they use is worthless.

If I had the choice between old MM and current MM, I'd take old MM. But SBMM itself isn't the problem in my eyes, it's how they implemented it.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

The problem is the game's balance.

Also the SBMM isn't actually "skill based". They need to fix that ######### up too.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

How they will balance game actually? I mean if they buff killers for high mmr, probably they will destroy low mmr community. If they make maps smaller, we have Blight and Nurse. Probably they will be so op. I mean it is kinda imposible, is not it?

• Tsulan

Why would it be impossible?

DbD is the only pvp game that doesn't get balanced around top players or the meta. This obviously needs to change, since a bad player can always thrive to become better. But a top player that gets "outplayed" by terrible balancing will only find frustration.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited January 2022

NO.

But I would introduce more variables, specially in survivor side, not only escaping. Taking into account things like time being chased before getting downed, times being hooked, tanking hits. Only escaping is too simplistic. This also would make more easy for survivors to increase their MMR in solo Q with bad team mates.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

I still don't know how. DbD is not competitive game but when i play against SWF teams or good survivors, i am feeling like they are competitive players. This is why i asked you how. How you can balance this game without hurt solo/chill teams and killers

• Moonman157
    Moonman157 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2022

No, the old rank based matchmaking was the dumbest thing ever. I had at most 200 hours when I first hit red ranks, I was so bad at the game, and yet under rank based matchmaking, that 200hr me would have been playing with current 1000+hr me who is way better at the game. We need to refine the current system and definitely not listen to a streamer whose only true talent is to whine incessantly for 3 1/2 hours.

• Tsulan

The game should be balanced around actual hooks. Not hook stages or kills.

Devs could hold regular tournaments where everything is allowed and take notes on the outcome.

Let people see their own mmr rating and reward players that can stay on certain mmr ranks every X amount of matches with shards. This way low mmr people don't have to sweat and can play more relaxed, while high mmr players are rewarded with balanced matches + shards.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

Honestly, it IS better than it used to be. I'm not a god at this game by any stretch but I enjoy that I am no longer teamed with urban evading fools hiding in the corner of maps and my teammates seem to know what a generator is and how to fix it. This wasn't always the case.

I think the biggest failing of the MMR system is that there is no universally accepted win condition. I think the survivors should be treated as a team and any escape is success for all. The amount of bloodpoints and MMR rank points should go up and down based on the magnitude of the win or loss. Finally, matches should be between similar ranked people plus or minus some random noise to mix things up.