Gen time

Options

Can devs realise that gens are done way too quickly and so they need to put in another objective or extend the gen repair time. 80s for one, 40 something seconds when 2 are on a gen. it's done too quickly thus so many gen rushing 5min games. And then survivors cry when they gen rushed you and you kill 1 or 2 with NOED. Give gens 110-120s repair time, so it actually encourages the teamwork and that 3 gens don't pop when u finally HIT (read hit not even down) a survivor. Great skill checks give you extremley big boost to getting gen done. it's absurd. Please just check the gen time, put it in ptb and we'll see if it's actually better or not.

Comments

• TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152
    Options

Great skill checks give 2% to repair progres wich ecuals 1.6 seconds if you have default repair speed

obout 110 - 120 seconds repair time... then gens would be impossible. killer would just not care obout gens and be able to camp camp and camp, and still be sure that 3 gens will not pop up, but maybe 1 or 2. then onother survivor camp - 1 gen done. and from that moment you can even not care obout gens completly.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189
    Options

@TimeMonster said:
    Great skill checks give 2% to repair progres wich ecuals 1.6 seconds if you have default repair speed

obout 110 - 120 seconds repair time... then gens would be impossible. killer would just not care obout gens and be able to camp camp and camp, and still be sure that 3 gens will not pop up, but maybe 1 or 2. then onother survivor camp - 1 gen done. and from that moment you can even not care obout gens completly.

if 110s gen time is done, then teamwork will actually be important cuz you'd do a gen in 55s that's less then it takes for 1 hook stage. so if someone works on a gen alone and 2 are working on another gen 3 gens can get done if 1 survivor is camped. And before killer catches the survivor at least 1 gen can be done too. It would not be impossible to complete gens, games would get lil bit longer which is what this game needs imo. it's not fun that 4 gens are done when killer hooks 1st survivor. Survivors have a lot of loops and pallets to waste killers time so that's how i think longe gen time would not make killer to forget about them.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I feel like the gen times are a problem for both sides, for survivors it's not fun to just sit and repair a gen and for killers It's so hard to gain any type of pressure when two or three gens are done before your first hook.
    I think a new game mode would benefit this game so much but the whole system is built around generator repairs so I don't know how they'd do that unless they added in objectives.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited January 2019
    Options

Maybe if the repairing had more of a difficult mini game where you couldnt just look around while waiting for a skill check. The mini game could focus survivors more on doing the generator than surroundings. Just keep the repair time as is then and see what happens.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
    They’re trying to give survivors other objectives without making the game less fun. Examples are Totems, Chests, Jigsaw Traps, Mending, Sloppy, etc. it takes a lot of time and care to make sure that the game stays fun and continues moving forward.
  • MaxiferPriest
    Options

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    They’re trying to give survivors other objectives without making the game less fun. Examples are Totems, Chests, Jigsaw Traps, Mending, Sloppy, etc. it takes a lot of time and care to make sure that the game stays fun and continues moving forward.

but totems are not necesary to be done. and usually survivors don't do them, unless it's hex totem. Chests take 14s i think to search and survivors actually search them if they see it otherwise not. they are not running around looking for a chest. jigsaw traps are only on pig who finally got a buff :) Yaay XDD, mending doesn't take long and it's not shown on nurse's calling, sloppy? what about sloppy? it slows down heals but that's why 2 or 3 survivors go into the game with medkit. Survivors have toolboxes to get gens done even faster, they have medkit to heal faster, they have key to open the hatch, flashlight to blind the killer and waste more of his time, killer only has Ruin which is broken almoust instantly when coming into a game. Gen times need to be increased so killers don't feel like they can do nothing about gens. Lightbringer is 100% controled by survivors. not by killer. it's actually very stupid. Gen times should be 100-110s 120s might be too much, but that's why the ptb is for, to test ######### like that out and see if majority of players like it

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@MaxiferPriest said:
    Can devs realise that gens are done way too quickly and so they need to put in another objective or extend the gen repair time. 80s for one, 40 something seconds when 2 are on a gen. it's done too quickly thus so many gen rushing 5min games. And then survivors cry when they gen rushed you and you kill 1 or 2 with NOED. Give gens 110-120s repair time, so it actually encourages the teamwork and that 3 gens don't pop when u finally HIT (read hit not even down) a survivor. Great skill checks give you extremley big boost to getting gen done. it's absurd. Please just check the gen time, put it in ptb and we'll see if it's actually better or not.

They are aware of the unbalance problems. Thats what they said after the depip squad experiment.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@TimeMonster said:

Camping takes 2 minutes, so the survivors can indeed do 3 gens in that time :wink:

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options
    Devs know about gens reperair time.But say dont want add more time to reperair gens also i dont hear nothing about add more things to do for survs.And on end if killer got 2 kills on game this is ok.No mater how you do this...
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

i the ptb theres a penalty of ppl doing the same gen so its going to be balance dont panic i repeat dont panic

• MaxiferPriest
    Options

@Tru3Lemon said:
    i the ptb theres a penalty of ppl doing the same gen so its going to be balance dont panic i repeat dont panic

u do know that if 2 or more survivors work on 1 gen, that's actually good for the killer not bad? cuz it's faster if 3 survivors all work on a seperate gen whilst 1 is being chased, that's how gen rush is done.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

@MaxiferPriest said:

@Tru3Lemon said:

u do know that if 2 or more survivors work on 1 gen, that's actually good for the killer not bad? cuz it's faster if 3 survivors all work on a seperate gen whilst 1 is being chased, that's how gen rush is done.

after you answer this question look at the Q&A they say that 1 survivor doing a gens its faster than 3 survivors doing it

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited January 2019
    Options

Game needs secondary optional objectives that reward bonus bp at the end of a trial can only be completed within first 5 minutes of the game

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

Game needs secondary optional objectives that reward bonus bp at the end of a trial can only be completed within first 5 minutes of the game

We got secondary optional objectives : like chests , totems and bully killer :) and we all know how this look.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    "or extend the gen time"
    NOOO!! As survivor I don't want to hold M1 even longer! Second objective is the only healthy way for DbD, extending any timer will just lead to get bored 
  • krayziek
    krayziek Member Posts: 21
    Options

I would like for them to add a map in the lobby for The Hag and Trapper, it shows a picture of the map and lets you place your traps before the game starts that way your not running around the first 3 minutes placing traps while the survivors are doing Gens.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

No, the developers already stated they already increased the generator time and wouldn't again.

• MaxiferPriest
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    "or extend the gen time"
    NOOO!! As survivor I don't want to hold M1 even longer! Second objective is the only healthy way for DbD, extending any timer will just lead to get bored 

YEEES, they should extend gen time for 10s and remove 2-4 pallets and 2-4 windows on every map. That would fix a lot of ######### balance problems, but noooooo survivors need to have it ez. it shouldn't be even difficult to survive or all survivor mains will cry they are not escaping every single motherfucking game

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@MaxiferPriest said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    "or extend the gen time"

YEEES, they should extend gen time for 10s and remove 2-4 pallets and 2-4 windows on every map. That would fix a lot of [BAD WORD] balance problems, but noooooo survivors need to have it ez. it shouldn't be even difficult to survive or all survivor mains will cry they are not escaping every single motherfucking game

Dude the game's quite balanced already. The pallet density has also been nerfed three patches ago. And increasing the gen time is no solution. I agree to a certain extent that gen rush can still be a bit of a problem, against really well organized survivor teams that can rush through gens in a very short time. But if anything, the game would need a second objective. But killers would also need to receive some nerfs if gen rush was ever nerfed in that way.
    Killers are no longer underpowered, at least not the higher tier killers, and survivors aren't having it "ez" anymore.