The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How to Counter a Sabo Squad?

The past few days I have been playing a lot of Nemesis since he's the only Killer that I have the perk Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance on. I've become somewhat decent with him and have just climbed up to Level I/Bronze. Now with MMR, I have been facing much tougher teams including full Iridescent teams (which seems odd, but I digress...lol)

At any rate, this morning I had a match on the Swamp against an all Iridescent team that was playing incredibly altruistic. Everytime I would down a Survivor, someone would sabotage the hook before I could get there. When that happened, I would drop the Survivor and wait for the hook to reappear (especially if it was a Scourge). But at one point, I slugged 2 Survivors and then tried to down a 3rd, only to have one of the slugged Survivors get revived or used Unbreakable. In the end, I got 1 Kill (due to a green Mori I brought) and Ruthless Killer--but that was easily the sweatiest match I remember playing.

Any advice on dealing with these squads in the future? I noticed afterwards that two Survivors had brought toolboxes and one was running the Saboteur perk.

Comments

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Bring franklins if you think they're running a sabo toolbox

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

If only hangmans was actually viable vs sabo squads, all i think it needs is to increase the time to sabo a hook by a few seconds

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164
    edited January 2022

Generally slugging is all you can do. If they're insanely altruistic, slug and camp the downed person. Force them to trade being on the ground (rather than being on the hook).

If the chance presents itself hook but otherwise you are kind of stuck with slugging and trying to either snowball that pressure once you knock more than one down or death by a thousand cuts and try to bleed them out. Like everything in this damn game though, swf can make it downright impossible to actually win in that situation :(

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79

Ahh...I don't know why I didn't think of Franklins. But that was also my fault since I wasn't paying attention to what the Survivors were bringing into the match.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Agitation can work wonders vs a Sabo squad. It is beyond terrible for them if Agitation gets you to the hook before the sabo is complete and you end up knocking the sabo user to the ground. Even if you don't get a Sabo Squad, Agitation pairs nicely with Pain Resonance because it makes it more likely you can get to the scourge hooks to activate it.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Look around for a second and find the two closest hooks (preferably in opposite directions) walk towards one for a second then when they run to it turn around and go for the other one.

If you're close to the hook to start with just hit the person saboing it you'll interrupt them and they'll have to run away. It takes 2.5 seconds to Sabo with the perk so keep that in mind.

Faking pickups is more of a thing with flashlight squads than sabo squads but I've had that work on occasion as well.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067
    edited January 2022

Franklin, Starstruck or Agitation.

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79

Thanks for recommending Agitation. As much as I love Pain Resonance, I've dealt with some bad RNG on Shelter Woods/MacMillan (Scourge hooks all on the far corners of the map) and The Game (Scourge hooks only on the lower level). So Agitation would definitely help with that.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

No problem. Honestly Agitation is highly underrated. The fact that at level 3 it flips the script and makes you faster than Survivors while carrying somebody is *huge*. Even without Pain Resonance or Starstruck, it allows you to do so many things you normally can't.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Agitation also helps you carrying survivors to area you prefer : gens you want to protect or basement.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Just gonna add, starstruck+agitation is a hell of a combo, sabo squad or no

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    edited January 2022

What's the other funny one, Mad Grit + Agitation so bodyblockers just waste their time and help you?

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I think that's it. I used to run iron grip a lot just because I got sick of being wiggled into doorframes, and it also pairs well with agi and either starstruck or mad grit, but then you've got 3/4 perks tied up in carrying

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

How do you counter killer walking away from the hook your are sabo-ing? (When only one person does it)