Do you have fun playing Dead By Daylight?

Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Just want to know everyone's opinions on the game.

Do you have fun playing Dead By Daylight?

Do you have fun playing Dead By Daylight? 83 votes

Yes
33%
MandyVolantConch1719TapeKnotAven_FallenTaigaoxygen[Deleted User]TatariuIsJustMedugmanFobboMarc_go_soloIlliterateGenocideNoOneKnowsNovaWishIcouldmainhilapasta_NIGHTMARE_TheHunter2529PsychoTronTricksters_Wife 28 votes
Somewhat
38%
Seiko300WoodywoolMiriamGReikoMoriLunar_WingElusivePukkadiscopumpkin200Cornpopers_EvanInsaneCoasterIcewhisperWarcrafter4FilthyLegionMainYatolChurchofPigglitchboixtr4meGuest1567432Hex_LlamaBoobaGannTM 32 votes
No
18%
Gibberishraptorsfromspacemusstang62EnderloganYTtenoresaxRobotfangirl67Cluelessgetuy45u4iuEsterhauseBasementDwellerItzZane_Dino7281PSPMalikenzeestealthyfox 15 votes
Only as killer
2%
AvarikuBubbaDredge 2 votes
Only as survivor
3%
Mileena_KahnThatOneDemoPlayerMaverick5152 3 votes
Other
3%
SakurraAdjathaSpine_Chill 3 votes

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2021
    Somewhat

I readily take a break between archives nowadays, so it's almost like a work cycle or how school is interspersed with breaks. Devs incentivize a hard grind to get time limited rewards in 70 days which is doable but leaves you burned out. It feels like the reason I play has become more frequently replaced by the answer "I have to" over "I want to" - like my motivation is now a forced thing rather than a willing decision. Leaving me not only not wanting to play in the periods between chapter releases and Archives, but actually relishing that time like "well-deserved time off" where I can play other games. It really takes the wind out of my sails, utterly dampens my spirits, and overall reduces my enthusiasm for the game despite having (more or less) happily played it ever since 2016.

Of course I don't "have" to get the rewards, but that's kind of like saying you don't "have" to pick up the 100$ bill just lying on the ground.

I've said it before, it's not the devs bad decisions, or unwillingness to make significant changes to the base game, or them releasing another chase killer with very few unique mechanics every 3 months, or another unfun or uninspired gen. repair / decorated hooks event, what's going to end up driving me away is the archive cycle and the archive grind. This analogy / connotation of treating it more like a job or an obligation rather than something I do recreationally because I would want to has only gotten stronger the more tomes they release. Eventually it'll burn me out permanently, I just know it, and that will be a really sad day for me I think.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Somewhat

To be upfront, no, not really, the only times I'm actually having "fun" with DBD anymore is when I'm playing/chatting with friends while playing it but, that's FAR less the game actually being entertaining to me and just, well, getting to hang out with friends.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,307
    Somewhat

Somewhat as survivor. While I don't think anyone but the devs have the right to dictate how players should play, it's getting boring with the sudden increase of camping and tunneling. I hope the devs figure out a solution for it without nerfing killers.

Only way I ever have fun as killer is when I farm. Otherwise, it just feels like a sweat fest.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    No

Nope, still on break. I tried to get back to it with Artist, but still not interested.

I play sometimes SWF if my team needs last guy, but I wouldn't call it fun.

And killers are just stressful AF for me.

I will maybe get back with Legion changes, depends on how that will end.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    Somewhat

I haven't been playing for a week or two.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Somewhat

Killer is my preferred role, but it isn't hitting the same as it used to. Switched to survivor and got bored pretty fast as there isn't anything mechanically interested to do or think about as survivor so I just don't know.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Only as killer

I said "only as killer" because I only play killer. It's not that I think survivor stopped being fun, I was never interested in playing survivor. So my answer could also fit in the "Yes" category.

But to back up my answer, all of you stress too much about every little thing. It's fun to chase people and hit them with things, it's that simple. It's fun to escape from the big bad, I assume.

There will always be players that are better than you. That's how games have to work if there's any competition whatsoever. Stop feeling like you have to "win", or do like I do and define most everything as a win. Everyone gets away but I get the second most in-game points? I beat the two that scored less. 3 get out but I kill the clicky #########? Hell yeah that's a win. It doesn't matter, just have fun and hit survivors with things.

Survivors, you're always going to run across killers that don't follow your rules. You often seem to let this interfere with your fun. I've had teams win against me, then rage in afterchat. If you win against a killer that plays effectively, that should make you happy. And I'll tell ya, the killers that camp and tunnel don't care if you get mad about it, so you're really just upsetting yourself. Have fun instead of looking for something to rage about.

tldr; lighten up and enjoy yourselves more.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Somewhat

Yeah, until I go against seal team six with 16 meta perks, medkits, Boons, map offerings, possible Stretch Res, sus movement speed, doing gens so fast it is also kind of sus, and of course being in a SWF and perfectly timing everything they do and run every loop perfectly.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311
    Yes

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't still play the game.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Only as survivor

I'm only having fun when playing Survivor, and only if I am playing with friends. As a Killer main, it sucks that the role I want to play is almost impossible to enjoy

• ClownHorn
    ClownHorn Member Posts: 8
    Yes

The game has its issues, but it's still a blast

• TheHunter2529
    TheHunter2529 Member Posts: 42
    Yes

Yeah definitely, I took a break when the game became a bit repetitive but got back into it after a few months.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2021
    Somewhat

Somewhat might be a weird word to use, but it's like, I have enough fun that I stick around, but it's so repetitive and can get extremely frustrating with mmr and it feels like I'm no longer making improvements, just getting worse when it sees "Oh you got 2 kills, time to throw you against survivors with a much higher mmr and call it good"

Edit: Even as survivor, it gets this way. Escapes once? Let's put you up against a slugging, camping killer and make sure that whatever map you go to has absolutely no pallets.

• MystarXMusicdash
    MystarXMusicdash Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Somewhat

there are a lot of killers who are broken like ghostface, mickael myers, the doctor, the wraith ...

and others wh oare normal like the trapper, the huntress

and people abuse of the broken killers so sometimes i just want to break my computer

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Yes

Sure, if I wasn’t having fun I’d be playing something else.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 531
    Yes

why would you play the game if you dont like it lol play something else

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 531
  • Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    Yes

Generally speaking, yes.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Other

This game is fun for toxic players only.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    Somewhat

Ghost Face? Sure yeah he's broken. How are Michael, Doc, and Wraith broken?

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Somewhat

The survivors ruin it for me the toxic ones I should say and the camp killers

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Somewhat

Its because survivors cry their too op then they get nerfed so they can run all over them its because they cant beat them they wanna take them down a notch then complain that they are week?

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    No

That's coming from someone who plays both sides, Killer became boring, Survivor became boring. Tbh the only way they could bring me back into the game is listening to the community and doing stuff we want, Personally the things I'd like to see are:

Making the maps balanced + Making them have this foggy/tint that made each map unique (Excluding autohaven & coldwind)

Having new mechanics, Like they could release 1 mechanic with each chapter. (And there would be another mode where it's regular DBD)

Bloodweb being less grindy, And having multiple ways to earn bloodpoints/shards

New ways to make the survivor experience unique and not a bar simulator/skill-check simulator

And balancing obviously, I recommend 3 perks of both sides CANNOT be used for a week/day tbh, A way of shaking the META.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk, Stay safe!

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited January 2022
    Somewhat

hard to say Killer is just ridiculously hard now, and survivor is easy mode

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Yes

As toxic as some of the community can be, the drastic increase of hackers, and MMR being implemented filling the killer role with a lot more pressure than before — this is still probably my favorite game to play both alone and with friends. I don't think I've ever seriously gotten frustrated at the game. Sure there are annoying things, but honestly that's with any game and any community.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    Somewhat

Its a shame I bet the devs dont even read this kind of feedback. This is feedback most companies would pay for on their consumers.

• raptorsfromspace
    raptorsfromspace Member Posts: 21
    No

players constantly sabotageing match bc they are having a temper tantrum takes most of the fun out of the game. I also feel bad for killers having to deal with SWF all the time even tho I only play Survivor these days

• zeestealthyfox
    zeestealthyfox Member Posts: 2
    No

I’m starting to like it less and less playing as the killer just becomes to easy and kinda boring and all you ever get as survivor is sweaty face camping tunneling

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Other

Where's the "I used to, until they nerfed all the killers I liked playing" option?