The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

slowvault is completely broken

donato
donato Member Posts: 5
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

the hitbox simply has a different vaulting animation . There is no other way to explain it. It's a free hit for the killer no matter where you are.

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    A agree with the hitboxes being funky during vaults but the slow vault being a slow vault is intended. 
    Hitboxes whilst in an interaction tend to cause hitbox delay issues based on latency. Dedicated servers would likely help but optimisation changes may help too.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I don't think it is broken.
    It is the same issue with huntress hatchets. Latency+ P2P connection.
    It kinda feels like it is broken but the slow vault animations and hatchets themselves are not that problematic. If we got dedicated servers, the problem would be solved.

• donato
    donato Member Posts: 5

@Delfador said:
    I don't think it is broken.
    It is the same issue with huntress hatchets. Latency+ P2P connection.
    It kinda feels like it is broken but the slow vault animations and hatchets themselves are not that problematic. If we got dedicated servers, the problem would be solved.

I've played the game since the start and i can assure you it has never been so broken. Event with 60 ping you get ghost hit 10 times on 10. I wish they could actually show us the hitboxes because they probably are broken and they give every fault to latency.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

The vault change that nobody asked for was the worst change that the devs have made imo.

• Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19

For real. Slowvaulting, especially against killer host/latency advantage, is absurd. I can't wait for dedicated servers- half this game's problems are due to lag- like all those pallet hits killers get because they're carrying a .25-.5 latency advantage over you

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Slyther83 said:
    For real. Slowvaulting, especially against killer host/latency advantage, is absurd. I can't wait for dedicated servers- half this game's problems are due to lag- like all those pallet hits killers get because they're carrying a .25-.5 latency advantage over you

the thing is, if that latency wasn't there you'd still be getting hit, only it'd look more normal

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited January 2019
    You mean medium vault? Its probably because you cant run instanly after vaulting like with fast vault so killer hit you when you being on other side