Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers out there

Killer is stressing me a lot lately, more I play killer the more I’m unhappy.

every game I’ve played today (console)

everyone has escaped along that tbagging and clicking the usual even before a gen has popped. Usually doesn’t bother me but today it has.

i main Freddy and play other killers too but today I thought I’d go for platinum on my PS4 I have platinum on my ps5 and I wanted to get Freddy’s trophies again (dlc)

but today it was horrible! I always get put with sweaty survivors as Freddy! I okay him most but I’ve been playing other survivors lately. Usually I just play with no addons or perks when up against constant sweatiness!!

i just fancy a chill game…

the only chill thing about dbd is survivor 🤣

i have been playing a lot more Survivor.

many killers out there struggling??

Comments

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I'm struggling, but then again I have been challenging myself to go with no perks/offerings/add-ons for a while. 😅

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I mean I 4k'd as twins last night.....with no audio.

I thought that was pretty fun.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

First tip don’t play Freddy.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

I have been experiencing the same thing. It’s either too easy or I’m against teams I can’t even get a hit on.

For the last month my solution has been to play Breath of the Wild instead. It’s so good.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I mean, yeah. There's no real reason to play killer unless you want to get stressed out. Playing killer is literally just a bully simulator at this point. The state of killer right now is just atrocious and it's probably going to get worse if the changes from the PTB gets into the live version of the game.

And some still wonder why Survivor queues are so long.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited January 2022

On the plus side of this, I've been getting through my backlog quicker! Going through Hades right now and have Disco Elysium on deck for my next game (I didn't realize Disco had come out for the Xbox so it kind of worked out as I found out it did when it went 30% off for their End of Year sale; I'd have bought it as soon as it came out had I realized it since everyone I know that has played it adores that game).

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

Disco Elysium is great. You have just reminded me I need to finish that.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

It says a lot that Escape from Tarkov is less stressful for me than playing more than a few killer matches. I will wait and see what happens but for now, I am also taking a break.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Hey, a fellow no audio user.

@ op. just accept the game is busted and play chill. If the survivors want to sweat and abuse the horrific tile layouts and coms, just watch youtube while lazily walking around and occasionally hitting someone if they let you. You will eventually get survivors that are "easier" as in not using coms and stretched with filters.

• BigChapAlien21
    BigChapAlien21 Member Posts: 250

I still play Killer occasionally and it is still my preferred role but I would be lying if I said I haven't just been playing more survivor. Survivor is 10x more relaxing, I can play with my friends, I bump into toxic killers occasionally but not often.

When I do play Killer, I have to focus on not taking matches too personally as I get 1 4K then get murderstomped 3 games in a row. It's just a game after all, and I play a difficult Killer. Still, it feels like any decent games I have after that are more of a "Here's your pity win" than something I earned.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237
    edited January 2022

I still play the role fairly often, but the enjoyment is going down and I'm getting increasingly frustrated with having to deal with DH/COH every.single.game.

Such uninteractive, boring, overpowered and unfair perks. DH for distance? Yipeee

Try to hit and run? Everyone is fully healed within 20 seconds Yipeee

just cba anymore, I'll tunnel/camp and use NOED as much as I need to now to pull a 4k

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

Best thing to do is get back to the basics. Are you running every tile correctly as a killer? Do you know map spawn logic so you can find survivors immediately without Lethal Pursuer or Whispers? Are your patrols efficient? Are you defending gens that don't matter in the grand scheme of the trial and losing key gens in the process? Are you taking chases you shouldn't be taking? Also take another look at your builds.

• Yeah, yesterday's games were a string of absolute sweatfests. I ended up ragequitting the last one (I try not to do this, but I'm not perfect).

On the other hand, I stomped a group of survivors on Haddonfield with Legion this morning. Gens popped pretty quickly at first because I spent the first part of the game camping and tunneling a P3 Meg for switching to a flashlight last second in lobby and then proceeding to shine it in my face at every pallet. They got my Ruin and Undying, and then got every dull totem on the map... but I was running Pentimento, not NOED. I love that perk.

I have noticed a difference lately. Not sure if it's just SBMM or just me ranking up. I find myself playing more killer than ever, though. Always been a killer main, but I was almost maybe 50/50 between the two a couple months back.

While that's true, I think CoH has been getting on everyone's last nerve. Gameplay balance has shifted.

I won't lie, I'd prefer to run across a bunch of babies than a 4-man SWeatFest with flashlights all running CoH, BT, DS, and DH. I honestly don't mind winning easily all that much.

But I do agree that fair games are ideal, and coming across a bunch of babies is not as much fun as coming across a legitimately challenging game and winning through your own effort.

Meh. Intentionally deranking is the coward's way out. Eventually, I'll get better at dealing with SWFs. Can't do that if I don't practice.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Then wait a few years when Freddy is made more original and unique

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796
    edited January 2022

It's probably saying something about dbd if I find it less stressful doing a Level 1 play through of Dark Souls 3 than I do when playing an average match on Dead by Daylight.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Something is definitely up today. My queues have been nearly instant and it's been sweaty BM SWFs all the way down.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Last time survivor queues got this bad (they were actually worse at the time), BHVR panic nerfed Decisive Strike; and that DID actually make survivor queues better, because no longer could a survivor sit on a gen, in your face, and be invincible after being unhooked.

The only thing that's going to make killers come back now is a heavy nerf to Dead Hard. IMO, Dead Hard, especially now with DH validation, is worse than DS ever was.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I quit killer a week after Artist launch and apparently won't be returning any time soon since the devs great plan to address killers concerns was to...nerf Nemesis and Clown, and buff survivor wiggle base mechanic (so a straight up role buff) while leaving COH and DH completely untouched. The devs have shown they have some legit issue with people who play killer or something, as their changes often are not asked for by anyone and serve no point but to rile everyone up and upset them. Who asked for a wiggle buff? lol

And the only ONLY meaningful killer buff in this patch is likely not even going to make it lol why on Earth would I play a role that, if you play to win and not to lose, you'll be attacked and insulted? Address toxicity and balance issues and we'll talk. Until then, I'd rather wait in a 10 minute queue while tabbed elsewhere. At least if I get tunneled out of a match as survivor, it's over quick. I'm not forced against my will to stay there and get dunked on until they decide to give mercy. The queues are going to keep getting longer, too, since the devs think it's smart to buff survivors and nerf killers right now. They nerfed CLOWN

CLOWN

CLOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!

• StarLost

Dead Hard is getting a slight nerf in 5.5, in that it shouldn't give fake hits anymore.

Honestly though, I can mostly play around DH. CoH now...ugh.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

You can't "play around" a Dead Hard for Distance. There is no counterplay to it when used for distance. Aside from being one of only a few ranged killers, and even then.

It needs to be gutted.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Are they fixing the problem where it eats powers? Dealing with the false feedback is good but when I saw that change, it didn't answer to me if the power eating issue will be fixed. Because that's my biggest problem with DH right now. That it can be an extra special counter to killers like Twins due to the validation change.

The dev post honestly isn't clear to me on if it will fix that or JUST the blood wiping stuff. Which, while annoying, is no where as bad as just immediately losing Victor due to a validation.

• StarLost

Oh yes, DH is bonkers OP and it's amazing that it's still a thing. I just...sort of anticipate it now. It honestly scares me more when a survivor doesn't have DH, because I still play as if everyone does.

Yeah, but 5.5 clearly demonstrates that the devs don't really give a half gram of goat poop about Twins anymore.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

If you've got a problem with people who are better than you at the game then maybe play something else.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

How would I even know if a survivor is better than me, this is an asymmetrical game. I have won games against good survivors solely because my rng was lit and lost games against bad survivors because their rng was pog. That is apples to oranges, fam. If I cared, they would need to be better at killer, but you know, most survivor mains are probably better at survivor than killer for obvious reasons...

Maybe if you want to be "better" than your opponent, you should play a real competitive game. But, like, I am sure there is a reason you are playing this game despite your elitist attitude. I wonder what it could be? Hmm....

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

You don't even know what I'm talking about with they...