The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I just wondering about HORROR stuff...

JesterCrydy
JesterCrydy Member Posts: 6
edited January 2022 in Off-topic

What if in Dead by Daylight were the THRID side? Like fake survivor. Maybe slower repair & heal, or can`t do it at all. But instead his job is to steal killer`s kills, and at 1 v 1 start a duel with a killer?

Just imagine - you repairing a generator, nothing seems to be wrong, and then your teammate taking out a knife and stab you! This is awesome! This is where the fun begins! And also this`ll make this game horror, as it supposed to be!

And the idea will be that he is a survivor, which can`t use items. It`s like his powers. Also he can disguise as any survivor, so his "team" couldn`t expect him to be a traitor. His ability will also let him stun the killer more efficiently, maybe hit him to stun or something. What do you think?

upd. Ooh, and what about if third-sided guy could be too noticeable, both survivors and killer might fight back? It would force player to became more sneaky about his work. And if he get killed, others could get some boost, like inspiration of victory

upd2. The idea of him might be that this guy is some king of special agent, but dugman`s idea of a KILLER sounds pretty nice as well. Also, my friend suggested me to use it like alternative gamemode, but I don`t know about that actually

Post edited by JesterCrydy on

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

So among us 2.0?

• JesterCrydy

Weell... kinda? I just tired of that whole non-horror gameplay. But it would do it much more interesting!... Ooh, I know and idea to add

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

That could be interesting, although obviously it’s something they’d have to have planned around from the beginning probably.

A related idea that comes up sometimes is a killer that imitates survivors. They look like one of the survivors, have Undetectable so there’s no red stain or terror radius (until they attack probably and then they’re a killer in a chase) and while in that state they can move like a survivor, vault, pretend to work on gens, look like they have an item, etc. Maybe they can even occasionally drop a pallet sometimes (that would have to be limited though or it could be too powerful. But being able to drop one or maybe two a match could be a good ability but not broken.)

I seem to recall the devs have maybe looked into this type if killer but decided against it for some reason? And the Legion trailer really strongly hinted that maybe their original idea for Legion was to imitate a survivor. But yeah, I’d love to see a killer like The Thing that blends in with survivors to get close then turns into a monster to attack from surprise.

• JesterCrydy

Not as I supposed to see it, but sounds funny XD

I expect it to be some kind of hand-to-hand combat, maybe go by skillchecks or something? Make priority of win for the killer, but if survivor can stay in chase as much as he can - he`ll get some buffs for it.