Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question about moving from Xbox One X to Xbox Series X

I recently was beyond lucky and scored a Xbox Series X. Long story short it feels like the DBD is way darker on this than it was the Xbox One, to the point where I actually can't see much on the darker maps. I'm just wondering if this is a known thing and if there's a workaround. Didn't find any brightness settings, which is understandable given the game.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

I dont have an xbox personally but id suggest upping the brightness on your tv/monitor if you feel it is too dark.

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451

I'm on series x and not had any problems.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Workaround? Use TV/monitor settings to adjust contrast and brightness and hope it helps.

The reason for this is that consoles are stuck on certain presets for graphics settings (as are PC users but they can edit the config files), and afaik the Series X is locked on High /Ultra, where the devs essentially took the shadows option and went to town.

• Swimming_Bird
    Swimming_Bird Member Posts: 48

Oof, thanks for the answers yall, I really appreciate it. I was hoping to do better than TV picture settings, but thats the way DBD rolls I guess. One some maps that have more lighting like Haddonfield it's just fine. If I'm on Swamp or or some other dark maps I just can see ######### compared to playing the previous gen, unless I'm directly beneath a light source.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Silly fact for no reason: The Xbox One X is abbreviated as XBOX

X

Box

One

X

Whoever in marketing decided the name had better have gotten a raise.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Check your actual console settings, yours may be put on the wrong colour settings for your TV etc.

For example RGB PC (or something like that) colours was turned on for. Game looked great but recordings was pitch black.

So go through all the console settings and have a look. (Best thing to do is load up tutorial, make a quick clip you can use as reference and then edit a settings and check the clip. Repeat till its better)

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

It’s “normal,” unfortunately. The game is just obnoxiously dark on series x. This is the only game I’ve played that genuinely causes me eye strain.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yeah, no, for some reason they just decided to make it super dark.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

When I used to play on xbox one original I had this problem and it stuck around when I upgraded to the series x. My solution for this was to change the TV settings to what I think is called game mode and it made it much easier to see. Idk if ur TV has the same features but if it does that will fix the darkness