Does NOED need a change?

Options
Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903

Do you think NOED needs to be nerfed in any way... or do you think it should be let as it is?

As far as i'm concerned, NOED should be changed because it can give too much value to any killer regardless of their skill. I always refused to run it, then started to use it on endgame builds for funsies... and it just does feel busted to me.

Does NOED need a change? 69 votes

Yes
40%
Seiko300Mister_xDSlaughterhouse3TapeKnotbrokedownpalaceDimekSpiritWolfAven_FallenDr_LoomisCornpopers_EvanValikGreyBigfootCluelessNoOneKnowsNovaBwstedGannTMHerachi_SakuraGuiltiiryseterionMaekShiftBeats 28 votes
No
59%
GibberishJplanas98anarchy753ReikoMoripizzaduffyhp90katerinaraeChordycepsMrPenguinTaigaLat0RoboMojoSadLegionWarcrafter4FFirebranddMekochidugmanxtr4meGhouled_Mojogetuy45u4iuBooba 41 votes

Comments

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options
    No

To be honest I hate NOED when I am a survivor. When I play killer I do not use NOED as well. However, I do not think it should be nerfed. It is a perk that only activates at the end of the match and gives advantages during that time. Moreover, many survivors can destroy NOED if they cleanse all of the totems which is easier with maps and perk counterforce. So overall it is fine as it is.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Yes

change? yes.

nerf? absolutely not.

this perk needs to be changed in a way that makes it so the remaining amount of Dull Totems affects its strength, in order to punish teams that didnt do any Totems more than teams that did 3 or 4.

an easy example would to be to just have it light up all remaining Totems on the map - teams that did 3 or 4 totems will only have to cleanse 2 or 1 Totem(s) to get rid of it, while teams that didnt do any will have to cleanse all 5.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options
    No

NO, NOED is fine the way it is, don't touch it!

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    No

I’m inclined to think NOED isn’t really all that different from Haunted Grounds other than it triggers late in the game versus early in the game. Obviously it’s not identical but you get about 1-2 downs from both perks on average I think so the net effects are in the same ballpark.

If the devs ever do determine it’s too powerful and tweak it a bit, no problem, I don’t care about the perk or use it all that much either way. But I don’t think it “needs” a change as in I don’t think it’s gamebreaking or whatever.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,230
    Options
    No

I could see some QoL things that might make it slightly weaker or stronger- maybe having it (and Plaything) snuff boons to spawn if it needs to, and on the other end, having it announce its presence as soon as it activates- but it doesn't need a giant rework or a huge nerf.

It's a kinda weak perk that can only really give you value if you play decently leading up to its activation. NOED isn't handing you a 4k after a game with only two hooks on two separate survivors unless the survivor team massively ######### up, but if you need a slight edge, it'll give you a slight edge.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,366
    Options
    No

No it is fine.

It is the equivalent to some surv perks.

And if you are really afraid just bring Small Game and cleanse all totems by yourself - no Hex, no NOED, no whatever.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options
    Yes

Currently it's too unfair with solos.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
    No

NOED is only good against solos. SWF can play around it very easily. If it got nerfed than there would be no point in doing totems.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    Options
    No

I agree to trade Noed for Dead Hard. Otherwise, no.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    No

In the current state of the game, with gen speeds being so fast, no.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options
    No

It's one of the most altered perks in the game from its original base. It's fine as is at this point.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Change, yes, nerf, no. It needs a side grade. It’s not really well designed but it’s also a pretty subpar perk. An idea would be making it no longer a Hex perk, like so:

Gains 1 Token per first hook. Once gens are done, gain 4% movespeed. As long as there are tokens left, all survivors are permanently exposed. Hitting a survivor with a basic attack removes 1 Token.

Then it’s less unreliable/bad but also not as badly designed.

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options
    No

Im tired of people wanting to nerf everything killers dont get much anyone its always survivors because they cry when the odds arnt in their favor and we get the brunt of it

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Options
    No

The perk can be easily disabled early game, I can confirm this cuz I run counterforce and play as a totem jockey 50% of the time. Not only that, depending on the map, it's fairly easy to spot once you figure out the killer has it.

Is it annoying to go against? Definitely, but I still enjoy playing against it personally as I enjoy the adrenaline rush, although I will admit, it is a tad bit frustrating when I go game after game with a killer running it, but not much I can do about that.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Yes

It needs reworked, not nerfed.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 893
    Options
    Yes

It needs a change but not a nerf.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    Yes

I'm just going to be open about this one, NOED I think does need a change but, not a outright nerf. I've seen people say try it out in a token based system and, I agree. I feel you could still keep it a very strong perk but, you'd have to really earn it in a way that current NOED feels like, to quite a bit of people, just a "crutch" perk.

• MaekShiftBeats
    MaekShiftBeats Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes

Yes, with the stipulation that survivor sided crutch perks also get similar treatment

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options
    No

You play a game with a handicap(Only having 3 perks) for only a chance that noed will go off during the end game if survivors didn't defuse it before it ever spawned or before you hit someone.

It has 2 massive downsides that very few other perks have a single one of.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Yes

I think it should give the killer a set amount of instant downs (Perhaps 3 by default), which are expended on any attack.

The killer will gain more if a survivor is revived from the dying state.

Remove the 7% movement speed and instead make it so that downing a survivor after gens are completed grants a permanent 1/2/3% speed boost for the remainder of the trial. When the insta-downs end, the speed boost remains to incentivize eliminating the hex, but no more instant downs can be collected once the perk activates.

This would make it so that the killer still has the ability to down survivors and turn the tables - but they don't become an instant mega-killer. If survivors are able to bait out the instant downs or take them in stride, the lethality doesn't last forever... unless the killer ignored hooks. If you want NOED to be powerful - you can't tunnel or camp, it's best to slug - which allows survivors to play around hooks better in the end game. In return for playing around the end-game, the killer must 'rev up' their movement speed bonus. After getting 3 downs they will be 9% faster. 5 Downs in the end game and they are basically under the effects of Bloodlust 1 for the match.

In my opinion, giving the killer a huge movement buff for playing their cards right is even better than the lethality when everyone is injured - but being able to smack healthy survivors is the goal of this perk.

By cutting back its ability to be endlessly horrible for Survivors to deal with and allow them to play around it given space and time - it will make it a bit more interesting to play with.

By giving it the potential to ramp up an insane speed (Perhaps with a soft cap) that annoying instant down transitions into an ostensibly more oppressive power given time.

NOED is always the most annoying thing when you're playing against a killer that doesn't down anyone - or face-camps all match only to get a free super power in the end. This way, you have to work to make it have value - but it gives a lot back the more you play around it.

By giving survivors more and more chances to make a comeback, you can close in for a lethal final strike.

By dangling the shimmer of hope in front of them, you give them false hope. You lash out with the power of this curse to stop survivors that are on the brink of escape to drag them back into the dark.