Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Opinions on Pinhead?

I love this killer, one of the fastest P3's I've ever done. I don't love him for his power really.

I'm a huge fan of Hellraiser, so naturally I'm going to love Pinhead, but the thing that I really loved about him is his other objective that he sets up for survivors.

This is incredibly healthy for the game and I hope that there are more things like this in the future. However that being said, Pinhead still feels relatively weak to play, especially against groups with communication. His addons being changed were fine, since some of then were literally ridiculous, but I'm a bit upset that his weaker addons weren't compensated for this matter.

I've P3ed most killers in the game, only really having fun with three now. Ghostface, Blight and Pinhead. Half of the time I can only have a stress free game with one of those killers. Pinheads voice lines are also supposedly coming back so I'm very happy about that.

I guess there is something to smile about this next patch.

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited January 2022

Super fun to play as, and interactive to play against.

He needs buffs for sure, revert his add-on nerfs (excluding Engineer's Fang) and making it so collision with Pinhead and objects don't break chains. Objects being able to break chains is annoying, and can result in the chains not even doing anything in terms of value. Oh and make long range shots more rewarding. I would also say remove his synergy with the box and Franklin's/Hoarder to make it less stressful for solos as a nerf, but maybe a few more buffs to compensate? I don't know.

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

one of my favorites to go against but i still can't un-associate him with the nft fiasco

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

I was going to make a joke in that post but last time I did something like that my post got edited and the joke was deleted so I left it out.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

engineer's fang and the "infinite chain hunt combo" Iri Lament config + box solve time increase add ons or both box solve add ons along with hoarder and franklin's are like the only busted add on's that should stay the way they are the rest of his add ons need buffs/reworks though

• glitchboi
    edited January 2022

I forgot to mention Engie's Fang, lemme edit that real quick. Engie's Fang should absolutely stay the way it is, it was busted as hell prior to its nerf. Iri Lament Config is debatable as well as the box solving add-ons. Hoarder and Franklin's are really what made the box solving add-ons ridiculous, removing the synergy of those two perks with the box will give more freedom with add-ons while not punishing those who didn't use either of those perks on Pinhead.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I like Pinhead, he's fun to play. 🙂

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Needs a QoL pass/buff. All his addons below purple feel like a waste of time to use now if you notice they're on at all, and the difficulty of landing shots combining with breaking chains/chains trying to spawn through scenery is just silly. Either making the chain hunt hard to stop should be a thing (so revert the time nerfs) or the M2 needs to be less miserable.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

Fun to play as and against. I think hoarder + 2 cube solving slowdown add-ons is a bit powerful (unless that has now been nerfed been a while since I played).

Could do with more legendary skins showing off the other cenobites, specifically the female cenobite from the first movie would be awesome.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

He is one of the killers I main. Love him.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

He is still very tedious to play against as a solo Survivor. SWFs can coordinate who should go for the box and when to start solving it, so no big deal. But in solo, it's very easy to lose vs. Pinhead if your teammates don't take turns going for the box. Chain hunts are very powerful especially with Ruin + Undying.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

I don't think hoarder is actually that good on pinhead? Is that me? It just tells him when you pick the box up, but he's already told when you start solving the box, which you normally do the moment you pick it up?

Franklins also seems a bit overhyped on him. I mean if pinhead chases you with the box you're gonna go down anyway right?

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Humor is very subjective on here. I have a dry, dark humor and it tends to make ppl think I’m an ass.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Hoarder is situationally useful as being way more effective than the time solving addons for getting a start on it--and it stops someone from picking it up, sneaking off across the map, and solving it safely. I'd say it's actually the far more useful part of the combination, Franklin's is... kinda silly because you need to break chase to do box?

But having Bubba is way more useful than having Twins.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

I think he's very strong. Almost unbeatable in a 3v1.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

People disconnect almost every time I play him. He is my second favorite killer to play and I'm a huge fan of the movies as well. I still think his power is very easy to dodge and kinda frustrating.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

He's good enough and satisfying to play. Didn't like the recent changes to his add-ons too much though, they straight up murdered his two good green add-ons and the aura iri one (which wasn't even that good) which resulted into his add-on diversity becoming even worse (same thing will happen to Clown now, we're basically forced to use +2 bottles along Pinky Finger).

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Pwnhead is fun

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

I really, really wanted to like Pinhead. I really wanted to get the Chatterer skin. But after trying him out, his use-power is just SO BAD. There is no good reason why they had to make it feel so bad to control, so obvious to survivors, so easy to evade, and so easy to abuse free breaks. The ONLY great part about him was using the 'blindness to the box' add on for plausibly useful Chain Hunts. But after the sweeping Addon nerf (instead of baking that addon into his base kit, like it should've been), he's just not fun. It feels a weaker Clown and that's saying something.

The voice lines coming back is great. Hopefully his S T A T S reflect how poor a killer he is now and we can get some kind of fix at SOME point in his life cycle.

His nerf, the Wraith nerf, and the Deathslinger nerf in rapid, back-to-back sequence, along with the lingering Boon problem and the doubled-up fake-hit validation bug are the reasons I quit. And even if they do fix the validation bug, all that other baggage is still momentum enough to stay away.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited January 2022

It's not always the best play to solve right after you pick it up. Sometimes you want to get to a safer area to risk being teleported to while solving. It can also be a good idea to just hold onto the box yourself to give the rest of your team a breather. Hoarder throws all of this out the window and tells Pinhead right when and where the box is taken.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

not fun to play in my opinion I don't really like aim extensive killers outside of huntress and trickster

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

Just bought him because of his voice lines and I'm too afraid to even try him lol

• Oiry
    Oiry Member Posts: 218

A bit hard to play him in the beginning, BUT

Very fun to play!

Very fun to play against!

Well-designed! Has sufficient counterplay, but tests the ability of the survivors to play well 1v1, but also 4v1. (So basically without teamplay survivors will crumble)

Not the strongest killer out, but with enough skill can be very scary. The ability to find the cube is actually a skill and not completely random, making even that aspect smth that the killer can influence. (Compare that to like Nemesis Zombies, which is pretty much only random)

Like the killer very much. The only disappointing thing is this NFT story, but well

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032
    edited January 2022

His chains come down to knowing when not to use them. When to just cancel.

He is extremely oppressive with the Iridescent Lament Configuration and Torture Pillar. Tack on Hex Ruin and Hex Undying. The passive slowdown from these addons and perks in combination with each other is usually unbearable for the survivors. I have never seen so many players just give up like against this. Makes me realize his nerfs were the right decision, yet they still work just like before.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

After some growing pains I, the Cenobite has grown on my and is one of my recently most played killers.

Most of the time I focus on the box and making my play resolve around it, with only the occasional summoned chains thrown in.

I really find the chain super awkward to use and often detrimental, as they slow you down and make you stop.

My pipe dream would be auto homing chains, ie just set a portal and the chains home in on the nearest survivor, maybe after a short delay. With the loss of the chains as a scouting tool I feel it would be balanced and make him much more fun to play.

But all on all he his very nicely designed, especially with his aloof and arrogant move set.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Eh, love the chapter and the idea of the killers power.

Even before the nerf he wasnt too strong and required alot of skill to beat good survivors.

So with the nerfs hes garbage imo. But my opinion is an outlier due to being at high mmr and having sweaty as games either side I play.

Even the strongest combos you could think of for him as a solo Q hes never gotten more then 2 kills, with the nerf well I haven't seen him since so that says alot.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I like him very much.

Just like you I am a huge fan of Hellraiser and I was very happy to receive Pinhead as a gift when he came out. I also P3ed him very quickly and I am still having fun playing him.

They nailed his design, his animations and his theme very well. The fact that he never uses his feet or hands to break anything but does everything with his chains is just perfect, his vault animation (even if I never see it myself) is dope as well and his chasing theme rocks. Not to mention his Mori. Good work.

His power is a bit on the weaker side, sure. You get punished quit a lot when you miss and the reward is not that great. However it is interactive: Survivors can dodge it and see it coming, you can curve it or cast it in front of the survivor and do a 360 turn...there are so many things to do and ways a survivor can counter it. With this even given the "weakness" it is fun to use which is way more important. Also you can not Dead Hard while on the chain, sweet.

His chain hunt is quit good as well. It was a major part of my enjoyment as I could just drop all regression perks aside from his own "Deadlock" and still had some form of slowdown with me. Good survivor deal with it pretty well, bad survivors get punished by it pretty much and the fact that survivors can see the cube means that they always have an option to stop the hunt. Good mechanic, please keep it this way.

The perks you get with him are also nice: Deadlock offers some form of slowdown and the Scourge Hook, while not as good as the Artists is nice. However Hex: Plaything became my favourite very quickly as it adds another objective for survivors without an op effect. I now use it on many Killers.

Overall: I love Pinhead and I am very excited to hear his voice again!

I think the problem comes more from Hex: Ruin and Hex: Undying and less from his power. You just can not cleanse Hexes that well against a Cenobite. This illustrates that Hex: Ruin as a band-aid hinders the potential of more interactive and fun slowdown mechanics as you will always just slap Ruin onto them an ruin the fun.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

S tier for being voiced by Doug Bradley

• Akumakaji

What I find strange is that we didn't get any survivor. Kristy Cotton would have been the obvious choice and could have brought some twisted, half forbidden perks to the table, just like Cheryl, but I his there were some licensing issues, of they would have done it.

Does anyone know anything about this?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

He's Add-on, Perk and tile dependant. His Possesed Chain is useless in most tiles, while being mediocre in others. Without Add-ons and Perks he's garbage and a pure M1 Killer

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,754

Give solo players more ways to communicate and honestly he'll be one of the better designed killers and I'll love him.

• Akumakaji

I feel the term "garbage" is trown around rather inflationary on this forums. Everyone got their views and opinions, but garbage is a term that should be reserved for the literal bottom of the barrel that's barely functional. And even the actual weaker killers like Clown, Trapper or Legion can still be used to be effective.

But eh, that's again an opinion piece ^_-

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I'll reserve the term garbage for actual trash from now on, like every Badham Preschool or Haddonfield

• Akumakaji

I didn't intent to bully you into changing your usage of words, but I actually welcome your change of hearts :)

The Haddonfield announcement for the PTB made me so happy!

Yesterday was such a busted day, from my first 10 games 5 were in Haddonfield WITHOUT any key offerings! I felt near my breaking point, even though I did pretty good and won most of my games.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

hes okay. not really fun to play and i dont really like going against him, tbh. plus the whole NFT fiasco really pushed me away from wanting to learn and like him.

only fun thing that came from him IMO is Plaything, its one of my favorite perks rn.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

I enjoy facing him as the puzzle gives me an objective to help protect the rest of my team.

To me he seems like a B tier killer and maybe low A tier if you can master him but I think Pinhead just doesn't have a huge skill cap.

• Travis_Bateman
    Travis_Bateman Member Posts: 279

When a killer finnaly make a useless and dead perk useful its considered unfun lmao,looks like people don't like synergized things,Franklins and hoarder,less 2 perks for slowdown,p3ople whine when its 4 slowdown,and people whine if you use other perks,they are never satisfied.

• Travis_Bateman

You literally can't hurt people with your power,this type of design is #########,eng fang should've been base kit,nerfing a already b tier killer is really funny,huh

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Hate playing as him, hate going against him. He's not fun in the slightest and has a very boring power.

• glitchboi

Honestly I'd rather go against a 4 slowdown Pinhead instead of a Hoarder Franklin's infinite box Pinhead that makes solo queue painful due to my teammates not knowing how to counter them as well as painful RNG. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time I'd go against a 4 slowdown killer.

It's supposed to assist you with hurting people with your power, like how Spirit's phase walk assists you with cheesing a hit. It doesn't do the job too well which is why I want it buffed. I want the killer to be strong while still being enjoyable to go against, like Blight for instance.

• Travis_Bateman

Yes,that's true,also,Blight is Well designed,but people want him nerfed for no reason at all

• Oshkell
    Oshkell Member Posts: 7

I find Pinhead to be very annoying to play against. While it's cool that there's a secondary (but incredibly important) objective, it feels like I can hardly get anything done other than run around to get the box all the time, and I never play Survivor without at least one friend that communicates fairly well. Having chains coming out of every orifice more frequently than not makes for a tedious experience that I just don't find the least bit enjoyable. Personally, I feel like as he is, Pinhead is far overpowered.

• Ibwillyt
    Ibwillyt Member Posts: 1

Pinhead is pretty annoying to play against as survivor, just saying. My two suggestions that would make him less annoying:

I don’t think you should have to drop your item to solve the lament puzzle. Seems like the lament puzzle should just be locked in place as opposed to a thing you can pick up to carry.

Why is it impossible to solve the lament puzzle if the box is yellow? when you are attempting to solve the lament puzzle, the chain effect should be deactivated.

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183
    edited February 2022

Pinhead I have him at p1 he is fun to play has sadly he is the second last pick rate killer