Why Do Survivors 'Waggle' On The Ground?

Options
StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Always wondered about this.

You knock someone down, and they waggle from side to side.

Is it BM?

Are they saying 'don't pick me up?'

Did they poop themselves?

Comments

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54
    Options

I don't play survivor much but only time I'll sometimes do it is on death hook saying please no killer leave me, or most recently I remember was getting tunneled after looping the killer for 3 gens and as he was staring at me waiting out the DS I didn't have I was menacingly wiggling on the ground towards him making him back away from me.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,168
    Options

When i do it im only making the killer notice me and hook me. Unless its ghostface then im just announcing my forever love towards him and hoping he wont kill me šŸ’œšŸ’œ

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

I'm just keeping my hands occupied

• throwaway79465468797
    Options

If they aren't going to heal they might as well crawl or wiggle side to side just to keep busy. Much like being on a hook. I'd hate to play spectator simulator where I cant do anything at all. It would bore me to death

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I do it as preparation for wiggling, but I like to imagine it as protesting being picked up.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options
  • Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

It's same as why I dance on hook, I am just bored...

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

I do it to mooncrawl šŸ˜Ž

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Because being slugged is boring but necessary so I might as well make it more fun for me.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Because it looks funny, and I don't have a whole lot of other things to be doing on the ground.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

I do almost every time; a breakdown of why:

1. I am just pre-emptively getting into wiggle mode (like 95% of the time)
    2. I just got downed off hook and I am telling the killer off in the only way available to me at the time (like 5% of the time)
  • fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

They are bored to death.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237
    Options

Clearly its "No UwU big daddy killer please don't hook me I beg please :3"

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

I'll do it to try to tell other survivors the killer is still near. Most times it is a waste of wiggle, but on the odd occassion the killer buggers off and I'm revived safely. Probably more by luck than judgement, but I like to feel I'm doing my bit.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2022
    Options

Because they're starting to mash AD AD before being grabbed by the killer for not losing any second of wiggle, It's pretty obvious, haha.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Probably to pre warn you that you will soon be entering a struggle contest or perhaps signalling to a nearby player to try and bait a hit or pallet save. Maybe it wastes a fraction of time for the killer to get the pick up command??

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

To say "Oh no, dont hook me Mr Killer"

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

I just do it because I look like a worm

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

It funi

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I do it because it looks silly, and I doubt there's a lot of people that do it for any reason more complicated than that. Same reason I crawl backwards/"mooncrawl" or swish my survivor's body back and forth like a broom, it just looks goofy.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

wiggle macro.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

its fun to do

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Omg what is this thread. This is a preparation for wiggling and because they're bored. Nothing else.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,124
    Options

Because they can do literally nothing else.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,432
    Options

The same reason why people spam A-D while running, the answer is "Why not?", it looks funny, it's a way to kill time while slugged and some people start wiggling the moment they get downed out of habit and muscle memory.

• Wulfasger
    Wulfasger Member Posts: 67
    Options

The animation of waggling is hilarious if you spam A D. It always reminds me spiderman crawls on the wall. And it looks cute on female characters, i do that mostly because of this.

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 134
    Options

I do it when I massively misplay as a way to show I'm laughing such as a really dumb vault or a very questionable reverse pallet drop.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I do it out of boredom or just to make it more fun.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

For me, I'm saying "Please Good Sir, don't hook me. That meat hook is mighty painful and I'd prefer to remain here on this comfortable soil".

I also wiggle if there is only one other teammate left, in hopes they realize I'm saying "no, don't rescue me, save yourself".

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

I do it to let them know that they only downed me because Iā€™m on console.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

On console, you can "MoonCrawl" as I call it

Its like moon walking, but while in the dying state and I love doing it

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,669
    Options

When I spam AD while running, it's because I have my camera trained on a certain point and need to adjust my vector because where I want to run doesn't fall on one of the 90* angles. It does look silly, but that's not the reason.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I do it if the killer nods

• DeadByStreetlight
    DeadByStreetlight Member Posts: 150
    Options

Mostly it's the perperation and "Nooo don't pick me up" or "that not really worked well" when dieing in a pallet or running in a dead end. In that case the killer mostly shakes the head too. šŸ™‚

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I do it because we used to be able to spin in circles on the ground and it looked ridiculous so now I try my best to spin as fast as I can lol

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options

I do it if I get downed and the killer doesn't pick me up to let the others know I'm a tap away from getting up

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

I'm sure most people including myself do it to prepare to wiggle out of the killer's gasp

• AnnaEliza365
    AnnaEliza365 Member Posts: 141
    Options

I do it to let the other surv know not to come pick me up -- usually when the killer has an insta down power with insideous, or is slugging for the 4k or something. Just to let them know to hide and try to find hatch when it spawns.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Funny

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 742
    Options

In my case it just means don't pick me up.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

They are trying to tell you that no means no. But without words, who can tell really. I suggest you use yes. Always the best option.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Sometimes, I just stand and watch and try to understand the interpretive dance...

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

What's funny is that I always interpreted it as 'hey, I'm over here - pick me up'.