Why do archives end before new ones begin?

I find it annoying that their is this dead time between archives. Other games don't have this. The moment one season pass ends another begins in most games. However with DBD you get this dead period. During which you wonder if its even worth playing or should you just wait until the next archives are announced.

Comments

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

Could just make the rifts longer duration. Personally I'd get less burned out if I could pace myself on archives instead of grind during its limited duration.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Wait until the next one. It's a good time to take a break😀

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Although I personally understand this. Does it really need to be so long? It's around 3-4 weeks between the end of an archive and the beginning of another. I don't think it needs to be that long to get a good break from a game.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Well I mean taking a break from a challenge grinding point of view, I dont mean stop playing entirely, more of "play if you want or not, you wont be missing rift fragments".

Also having a month or so without rifts and new compendiums allows for people who didnt complete the others to finish them without too much stress.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 923

IMO i think it's a really good thing to have a month or 2 delay between the old rift closing and a new one beginning. Some challenges requires too much grinding and there's extra time to complete the tome if you're slow completing it and it's creates a good break time away from the game before start grinding away on the next rift.

• AnnaEliza365
    AnnaEliza365 Member Posts: 141

Between rifts is a good time to [1] take a break, or [2] go back to old rifts that you missed challenges on and finish them. The latter is mostly for the more ocd players.