The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lerys is actually well designed and here is why

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

So if you guys realized but since the map reworks BHVR follows this set of map design. Main building with some save pallets or windows up to 2-3 into random decent sized loops spread across the map. Some are small and open but also some are tall and mindgamable. Mostly our beloved shack and maybe 1 or 2 really save pallets somewhere at a specific spot for example the excavator in Autoheaven.

If you look at this to every single reworked map you will see the pattern is always the same and consistent. Sure it is not the best design ever and you can argue that there are improvments that you can make there but it is what it is currently.

However this design works somehow, some maps are disliked or liked by what they are but all the maps are arguable "fine", there is not that much to complain about, even yamaoka estate. Now lets get to lerys.

Even Lerys has the same basic concept. You have again a "main building" as the "center" which many ppl like to call it, the center is quiete strong like many main buildings and also has its rather save pallets. In this case the 1 that is next to the very unsave window that leads into a room next to the gen.

You have random decent sized loops which are open or closed. Either the shower pallets or those waiting benches loops.

And you have again save loops which are at very certain spots where you can be sure they are there. Both gate areas, there are those loops that are 100% there, combined with benches and a reception table. And also the corners of the map have those "junk" tiles that are a big L. They are pretty save cuz they are just way too big to mindgame or bloodlust, I mean you can technicly bloodlust but it would take hella long.

And as a replacement for our shack we have the library. If you know the tile it is pretty simiular like the shack, a pretty strong window that is still mindgamable and a "god pallet" and even the basement can spawn there.

The ONLY thing that makes lerys different from these maps are those random windows that are scattered around the map at every certain room, most of the windows are unsave anyway. However there is 1 single room setup that can spawn a pretty save window, I think its unintentional but I wonder why the devs didnt fix it yet.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that lerys has the same concept as all other maps and therefore is no big difference to these maps. Except that it is indoor and doesnt allow you to look across the map.

But think it about that way, just as much as it cucks you as Killer that you cant see and find survivors that easily, survivors also have the same trouble trying to pinpoint your TR. Even against very good players it can still happen that you can suprise them and come from a door or direction they dont excect.

Also stretched res cannot be abused at this map :)

So ye thx for reading and let me know what you think, I do really love lerys and it is one of my favorite maps, even though I am a Oni main I enjoy playing on this map. And it is arguably simiular balanced as most of the maps, many ppl seem to call this map busted or just unplayable but it is definatly not.

Comments