Attention Bhvr - Please provide an answer to this

Hi everyone,

I'm certain I'm far from the only one with this issue, but it's now gotten beyond a joke.

What is actually being done about the hackers in this game?

I'm tired of ending up with facing a hacker (or two) in games and being the one that gets punished for it. (i.e. the lock out timer)

It could just be this region (Australasia) i'm not sure, but they've been so much more common recently.

When I say I can't recall the last day I didn't encounter someone cheating, I'm not saying that as a figure of speech... It's actually now the literal truth.

The current reporting thing is toothless.

The current deterrent (if it even exists) for these morons is evidently not enough.

Particularly when you can see most of the hackers actually already have had prior VAC bans on their Steam accounts.

Why they're even allowed to play any form of multiplayer after a VAC is anyone's guess and frankly Steam not doing their customer base any favours. However, what currently feels like turning a blind eye to them "playing" DBD is something that you need to in the very least make more clear than what is currently being (well... not being) said.

To that 99% of the player base that isnt doing the hacking, mad props for putting up with some bs

To Bhvr, can someone please clarify?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I agree. The report system needs a overhaul.

Having dedicated servers should give the devs detailed information on what is happening during a match and help them catch hackers.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

Choy put up a video a week or two ago about how bhvr can better deal with this. A replay option post-game would help with player reporting. Since bhvr is 100% dependent on reports from players to ban hacks, those of us who don't record every moment of each trial have no option to report b/c bhvr doesn't store game play data.

The other option i think is bhvr needs to implement server side restrictions. Example, we all know there is a max speed survivors and killers can move. They could cap that on the server to prevent the insane speed hacks. It won't solve hacking but it will mitigate a lot of the madness.

• lewisty
    lewisty Member Posts: 30

Absolutely, it would just be nice to see something being done

I'm not saying they're not doing anything, I don't doubt that Bhvr care, but the whole relative silence on the subject is ironically deathening lol

• lewisty
    lewisty Member Posts: 30

Not a great deal other than they have a track record and that it could very much be used as something other than a reactive approach why not be proactive?

though besides that, wouldnt you want something to be a bit more visible or is the preference to stick to some smaller detail and take something someone says too literal so you can start another discussion?

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

Poise yourself as working on a solution and jackasses will take great fun in agitating a wound.

Case in point those whose goal in life seem to be increasing and showcasing their ban counter rather than anything productive with their ability.

Do what you can do at the moment but keep mum about any solution until you have solid evidence that it’s functional.

Part of that could be observing loudmouths while they feel like they’re untouchable and more likely to be giving an honest reaction.

I’ve heard people say there are streamers that stream hacking sessions on DBD. I wonder if there will be a content/tonal shift post the supposed mid-chapter patch.