Homophobic slurs aren’t bannable?!!

Options
Seriously?!? Numerous times I’ve been called numerous homophobic slurs.. yet you don’t ban people for saying them? Yet you can get banned for calling someone trash... this is NOT ok... 

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

They are

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Why do you believe they don't get banned?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    It is and they will.
  • Dinaqma
    Dinaqma Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Orion said:

The few times I’ve reported someone I’ve revicied a message saying they took action.. whenever I report someone for saying homophobic terms to me.. I NEVER get a message saying action was taken on my report. 
  • Orion
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    The few times I’ve reported someone I’ve revicied a message saying they took action.. whenever I report someone for saying homophobic terms to me.. I NEVER get a message saying action was taken on my report. 

The devs don't send messages saying that action was taken, so I'm guessing you're reporting them to Steam.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Orion said:

It takes time... I’m sure they will handle it.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Are you actually homosexual though? I am, and I don’t get offended by it. It’s just another bunch of words people use. They only have as much meaning as you give them.
  • Dinaqma
    Options
    Are you actually homosexual though? I am, and I don’t get offended by it. It’s just another bunch of words people use. They only have as much meaning as you give them.
    I am. I don’t go around calling heterosexuals derogatory remarks, so I expect the same respect.. 
  • Dinaqma
    Options
    Orion said:

@Dinaqma said:

The devs don't send messages saying that action was taken, so I'm guessing you're reporting them to Steam.

Xbox live has sent me messages saying action was taken on previous reports I made. 
  • JammyJewels
    Options
    Dinaqma said:
    I am. I don’t go around calling heterosexuals derogatory remarks, so I expect the same respect.. 
    Well, I’m not sure there actually are any terms for heterosexuals... I’ve heard “breeders” but that seems to be a joke. Sadly expecting everyone to be a decent Human being is setting your standards too high (trust me, I do it as well and have been told to stop). There are a-holes and anything else in between but playing a game like this requires just... dealing with it. Especially as a killer. 
  • Orion
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Xbox live has sent me messages saying action was taken on previous reports I made. 

Same difference. If you report them to Microsoft for something they did in-game, obviously they're not going to be able to do anything.
    Usually, devs are the ones who ban for something people did in-game. However, console bans don't exist yet. Nevertheless, reports are logged, looked at, and tallied. When bans come, people will be banned retroactively, so keep reporting. It's gonna be hilarious to see all the ######### whining about having been banned.

• Orion
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    Well, I’m not sure there actually are any terms for heterosexuals... I’ve heard “breeders” but that seems to be a joke. Sadly expecting everyone to be a decent Human being is setting your standards too high (trust me, I do it as well and have been told to stop). There are a-holes and anything else in between but playing a game like this requires just... dealing with it. Especially as a killer. 

Personally, I deal with ######### by reporting them and enjoying their bans.

• JammyJewels
    Options
    Orion said:

@JammyJewels said:

Personally, I deal with ######### by reporting them and enjoying their bans.

And that is completely fine. My basic message is that having a sensitive heart will not make this a fun game for you, so try to toughen up if you haven’t already. You’ll need that Brutal Strength within you to deal with it without batting an eyelash.
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Dinaqma said:
    Orion said:

@Dinaqma said:

If this happened on Xbox, then Microsoft handles any discipline for this behavior, not the DBD staff. I recommend reaching out to them. 
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

Report and wait. There has to be an investigation, which they WILL do. Logs are held and recorded, its peretty easy for them to find out if a complaint is legit. You just have to be patient. If mods trigger banned everyone on hearsay then reporting could be abused horribly which causes all sorts of problems.

Regradless, I'm sorry this happend to you and hope you find nicer people to play with in the future.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Devs don't have the power to bam on consoles. Don't know for xbox, but for ps4 whenever you report someone for racist or homophobic slurs and harrasment it may result in them being baneed from any kind of communication on psn, which will lead to temporary and permanent bans if the person continues to do the same

• JammyJewels
    Options

Devs don't have the power to bam on consoles. Don't know for xbox, but for ps4 whenever you report someone for racist or homophobic slurs and harrasment it may result in them being baneed from any kind of communication on psn, which will lead to temporary and permanent bans if the person continues to do the same

Sony has been excellent so far for me. They’ve alerted me to when any action has been taken and seem to know legitimate claims from false ones. I would highly recommend reporting any messages that you get sent that are deserving of a report to either Microsoft, Sony, Steam/Valve or whoever is most suitable.