If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Chapter Concept: Allure of Insanity

Options
Critical_Fish
Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
edited January 2022 in Creations

NEw Killer: The Demon

Killer Data

Overview: The Demon is an energy sapping Killer, using her power to drain Survivors of strength while increasing her own. Her personal perks allow her to constantly stall progress and force Survivors to make difficult decisions.

Appearance: A small, unassuming girl. As the match progresses, her demonic state shines through more and more through her mortal shell. her weapon is her retractable claws.

Speed: 110% (4.4 m/s)

Terror Radius: 24 meters

Height: Medium

Power: Asha's Wing

Table of Contents:

• 1. Charge System
  • 2. Asha's Wing Projectile
  • 3. Consistencies Across All Projectiles
  • 4. Cooldown/Canceling
  • 5. Stages

Asha's Wing starts with a charge of 70%. Getting to 100% charge increases Asha's Wing to Stage II, and getting to 100% charge again increases it to Stage III (these will be fleshed out in the Stage section). This can gain charge by hitting Survivors with a basic attack (which gains 11%), or with Asha's Wing (this will be fleshed out in the Asha's Wing Projectile section). This also passively recharges when under 35% charge, gaining 2.5% of its charge per second. This passive charge pauses when readying Asha's Wing.

Holding the Power Button readies Asha's Wing and slows the Demon to 3.3 m/s, taking 0.5 seconds to drain 11% of the charge and be able to be fired, though it can drain up to 33% of the charge over the course of 1.5 seconds.

When only 11% has been drained, firing Asha's Wing by clicking the Attack Button will shoot a small, vertical wave in a straight line in the direction the Demon is facing, moving at 15 25 m/s (if fired straight forwards, it cannot hit crouching Survivors). The wave travels up to 32 meters, and if it passes through a Survivor, that Survivor is Hindered by 10% while you're given 10% Haste for 3 seconds. In the event of passing through a Survivor, Asha's Wing also gains 22% of its charge back.

When 22% has been drained, the wave will be larger and travel at 30 m/s (if fired straight forwards, it cannot hit crouching Survivors). It can go for a maximum range of 64 meters. Passing through a Survivor Hinders them by 10% and grants you 10% Haste for 6 seconds, while also charging Asha's Wing by 44%.

When the maximum 33% has been drained, the wave will be incredibly large and travel at 45 35 m/s (if fired straight forwards, it can hit crouching Survivors). It can go for a maximum range of 96 meters. Passing through a Survivor Hinders them by 10% and grants you 10% Haste for 9 seconds. This also charges Asha's Wing by 66%.

No matter the amount of charge drained, the wave will pass through Survivors and continue to its maximum range, however all of its effects are halved for each Survivor it passes through. A map wide sound effect is played when Asha's Wing is fired.

Letting go of the Power Button will cancel Asha's Wing, but slows the Demon to 3 m/s for 1 second before slowly going back to 4.4 m/s over the course of another 2 seconds. After firing Asha's Wing, the Demon experiences the same cooldown as if it were cancelled, during which time she cannot begin using Asha's Wing again.

Once Asha's Wing reaches Stage II, it takes 0.4 seconds to drain 11% of Asha's Wing while holding the Power Button, and the Demon moves 0.2 m/s faster at all times.

At Stage III, the Demon moves 0.6 m/s faster while charging Asha's Wing. When fully charged, Asha's Wing deals 1 health state of damage.

A map wide sound queue plays when Asha's Wing increases in stage.

Add-ons
  • Increases the initial charge of Asha's Wing by 3/5/7%.
  • Decreases the drain time of Asha's Wing by 0.05/0.07/0.09 seconds.
  • Decreases the charge drained by 2/4/6%.
  • Increases the amount of charge gained by hitting a Survivor with Asha's Wing by 2/4/6%.
  • Increases the Haste bonus from Asha's Wing by 2/3%.
  • Increases the time the Haste and Hindered effect lasts by 1/2/3 second(s).
  • Decreases the slowdown time after firing Asha's Wing by 0.2/0.4/0.6 seconds.
Iridescent Add-ons

Iridescent Watch

A watch made of scarlet glass that was scorched long ago.

All Survivors within 4 meters of Asha's Wing for any amount of time have their items lose half of their current charges (rounded down). For each individual charge lost by this effect, Asha's Wing charges by 1%.

Seraphina's Eye

The eye of the one you took from the world, the only remnant of your crime.

When you hit the Obsession with Asha's Wing, all other Survivors have their auras revealed for 5 seconds. When you hit a Survivor who's not the Obsession with Asha's Wing, they become the Obsession.

Perks

Burnout

Everything you touch bursts in flames.

After breaking a pallet/breakable wall, this perk gains 1 Token (up to a max of 6 Tokens).

When you damage a generator, this perk loses all of its Tokens and the generator loses 4% of its progress per Token lost. This does not stack.

The next time a Survivor interacts with a generator affected by Burnout, it's blocked for 10 seconds. Blocked generators are shown to you in white.

This has a cooldown of 100/80/60 seconds.

Scourge Hook: Promises

People are always bound by their empty promises.

At the start of a Trial, 4 random hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks. The auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white.

When a Survivor who's been previously hooked on a Scourge Hook stops repairing/cleansing/searching without completing that action, the generator/totem/chest is blocked by the Entity for 10/15/20 5/10/15 seconds. Objects blocked by this perk are shown to you in white.

If a Survivor affected by this perk heals another Survivor, this perk no longer affects them until they are next hooked on a Scourge Hook.

Hex: Hellfire

The world burns with the intensity of your torment.

When a Survivor is downed, all generators within 32 meters of the downed Survivor lose 5 10% of their progress per Survivor that has interacted with it in the past 60/80/100 40/50/60 seconds.

New Survivor: Aries Howells

Overview: Aries is an intelligent, but pragmatic and nihilistic person. Her personal perks grant her many boons at a detriment to other Survivors, while using her ingenuity to find use out of anything.

Perks

Immortal Mark

Your pact with Asha's Flower has granted you endless life, at a price.

Immortal Mark activates after being chased for a total of 30 seconds.

Holding the Active Ability Button for 3 seconds while within 4 meters of another Survivor while also empty handed will have you stab them with a syringe, and extract blood from them over the course of a 5 3 second action. For 30 seconds after extracting blood from a Survivor, that Survivor will leave a blood trail even if they're not injured, and if they are injured, they will Hemorrhage for that time.

The syringe becomes an item that you hold. Using the syringe takes 5 3 seconds and slows you down to 1.8 m/s for that duration, during which time you slowly drink the blood from the syringe. For the next 10/15/20 seconds after completing this action, you're granted the Endurance status effect.

This can only be used once per match.

Desecration

What does it matter anyways, they're dead.

You can repair a broken hook by holding the Action Button (space/rb) for 5 seconds.

Doing so will show that hook's aura to the Killer for 5 seconds, but a random item of uncommon or higher rarity will appear underneath it, with 0/1/2 random add-ons.

Angel's Rend

A tool made to punish the one who stole Seraphina. However, it is of equal use here.

Angel's Rend activates after you complete a generator.

While Angel's Rend is active, the next chest you open will contain a small sewing needle and not a normal item.

Using the sewing needle while within 1 meter of the Killer will have you stab the Killer with it, blinding them for 5 seconds (this will not cause the Killer to drop a Survivor they're carrying). This also muffles all sound the Killer hears for 3 seconds.

All other Survivors have their auras revealed to the Killer for 5/4/3 seconds after the Killer recovers from the blindness.

Thank you for reading this! Feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

Post edited by Critical_Fish on

Comments

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

Okay... this honestly took me a second to make as I had to read through the power a bit and then see what I'd change about it If any of this is wrong go ahead and correct me. You're creating a Killer that is designed to close gaps by affecting both her and the survivors' movement speeds. this is a very fine line that is hard to balance around. Haste is very powerful on killers and is thusly a very restrained touch. You don't need to make her a 115 killer with this dynamic in mind, she would not be underpowered in any way without it. projectile speed is also a very fine line the slowest moving projectiles in-game are clown's bottles 8.5 with the fastest being a fully charged hatchet or the spear from Death Slinger at 40. this is a wide range but with how you worded things The Artist came as best inspirations. if you want to hard limit the power with range, I'd say reduce them drastically and remove the limit at her "strongest".

Stage 1: 4.4 m/s

Stage 2: 4.6 m/s (Remove this effect)

Holding power button

Stage 1: 3.3

Stage 2: 3.5 (increase to 3.7)

Stage 3: 4.1 (remove this effect)

To Start with

70% 

(Added effect recover 5%/2 seconds when below 35%)

+ 11% on basic attack hit

Charge level 1: 11%

Charge time

Stage 1: .5 seconds

Stage 2: .4 seconds

Projectile Speed

15 m/s (Stated)

25 m/s (Change to)

Projectile Range

32 meters

Effects on Hit

Survivor is Hindered by 10% for 3 seconds. (Change to 15%)

Killer receives 10% Haste for 3 seconds. (Change to 5%)

Asha's Wing also gains 22% of its charge back.

Charge level 2: 22%

Charge time

Stage 1: 1 second

Stage 2: .8 seconds

Projectile Speed

30 m/s

Projectile Range

64 meters (Stated)

48 meters (Change to)

Effects on Hit

Survivor is Hindered by 10% for 6 seconds. (Change to 18% for 4 seconds)

Killer receives 10% Haste for 6 seconds. (Change to 7% for 4 seconds)

Asha's Wing also gains 44% of its charge back.

Charge level 3: 33%

Charge time

Stage 1: 1.5 seconds

Stage 2: 1.2 seconds

Projectile Speed

45 m/s (Stated)

40 m/s (Change to)

Projectile Range

96 meters (Stated)

No limit (Change to)

Effects on Hit

Survivor is Hindered by 10% for 9 seconds. (Change to 20% for 5 seconds)

Killer receives 10% Haste for 9 seconds. (Lower time to 5 seconds)

Asha's Wing also gains 66% of its charge back.

Cooldown: 1 second reduced speed (3/3.2) + 2 seconds "I'm Confused by this one the reduced speed for a second is fine, but I don't get why"

This is all I'd say for the power and If I'm wrong about anything correct me.

As for Killer Perks:

Burnout

you can increase the percentage without any consequence a killer has to waste a lot of time to get an effect similar to Pop Goes the Weasel with its current state but other than that it's good. the fact you mentioned it doesn't stack makes this an even higher requirement.

Scourge Hook: Promises

Add an expire condition to the effect maybe after the first or second time it happens

You're missing a tier up thing so seconds blocked should build up 20/25/30.

Hex: Hellfire

boost the effect. 15% minimum. 5% is too small an effect that can be bricked super quickly and suddenly.

Survivor Perks:

Immortal Mark

5 seconds to use for such a short endurance effect is a little too slow for what survivors are going through. either increase the time you have endurance or lower it's time to use.

Desecration

Brilliant Perk I see no issue

Angel's Rend

Why? Why would anyone ever use this? there is little point aside from escaping from chase and that's a hard maybe if the killer is good enough with audio tracking.

Change the method of obtaining the needle.

Make audio muffled slightly for the killer for 3 seconds.

Allow a survivor to use it from a slightly longer range (make a larger drawback here) maybe force the survivor to have a health state to even attempt this blind.

increase that time on the aura reading max it out at 7.

That should be it.... I care about balance, and this is an amazing concept don't let my harsh words fool you. there's just a fine line between practical and thematic.

• Critical_Fish
    Options

So, to start off with, I apologize for how long the power was. A lot of values had to be kept in check given I was making practically 3 separate projectiles in addition to a tier up mechanic.

Anyhow, The numbers you're proposing are interesting however I'd have to say I prefer mine. 25 -> 30 -> 40 messes with my OCD significantly. I wouldn't mind dropping it to 25 -> 30 -> 35, however.

Could you go into more detail about the addition to gain charge while under 35%? It seems pretty interesting as a way to keep your ability if the values don't quite work getting up to Stage II or III, though your idea for it is missing quite a few values.

The main differentiating factor with Burnout is that it also blocks the generator afterwards, preventing progress for an additional 30 seconds.

I didn't notice I had missed the perk tiers of SH: Promises, thanks for reminding me. And, the point of Promises is that it doesn't disappear over time. Though, I could make it so its effect disappears if you heal a Survivor.

I'd be fine buffing Hellfire to 10%.

Making Immortal Mark take 3 seconds to use would likely be fine, still keeping it as a longer to use styptic with a better effect while boosting it in viability.

I've had a habit of giving Survivors I make meme perks cuz I think they're funny. Angel's Rend is one of those. Though, the muffling effect would be a nice addition. What do you suggest I change the method to acquire it to though?

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

Don't feel bad about the length, Doctor's Power barely fits on screen in game. Most of my changes come from imagining playing them in game through a bunch of scenarios. So, a passive gain would help allow some of the worse skilled players (no offense to anyone reading this) cope with a well-formed team. to sort of demonstrate the passive gain Look at The Oni.

Oni being a 4.6 killer by default has a lot more wiggle room and his power is an activated effect, so a couple of things don't add up exactly.

The change presented is 2.5% per second not using the power with the charging capping off at 35% (a threshold for allowing charge level 3) so it would take:

4+ seconds to passively gain enough to perform level 1

~9 seconds to passively gain enough to perform level 2

14 seconds to passively gain enough to perform level 3

all three of those is an ample amount of time to sneak in a basic attack which would (in some cases) push you over the passive charge threshold. the power applies an active drain to make higher gains (ie. drain 11% to try and earn 22%) so this passive charge does not apply when charging the power.

the scenarios it comes in use are two-fold:

In stage 1 when for some reason you are unable to get a basic attack in.

recovering from going up a stage by thin margins

this change was made with changing her to not get a base speed increase. In all honesty you could raise or lower the threshold or charge speed to anything, it's your killer.

onto your next question: I have no idea. Your idea works fine for what you believe the game needs. (I read though some of your other posts and noticed that you want chests to become more than side objectives. for that we need more perks like this.)

• Critical_Fish
    Options

Thanks for explaining! I haven't considered a system akin to Oni's passive charge, I like it a lot. And it would make sense to remove the increase in speed once you reach stage 2.

And, honestly I haven't noticed that. I do think the game needs an additional objective, so I guess it fits that I've been pushing for it with my perks ^^;;.

• Critical_Fish
    edited January 2022
    Options

Change Log (over the course of many days of small tweaks):

• Reformatted Power (with added table of contents, this power was a nightmare to format without it)
    • Tweaked numbers of Asha's Wing
    • Added passive charge to Asha's Wing
    • Bolded the consistencies across all of the projectiles for emphasis, and to break up the power
    • Reworked Burnout
    • Tweaked numbers of Scourge Hook: Promises
    • Reworked Hex: Hellfire
    • Tweaked numbers of Immortal Mark
    • Added the deafen effect to Angel's Rend