Jigsaw Boxes: One key per box or no?

TAG
TAG Member Posts: 12,871

One thing I've heard mentioned here multiple times is that each Jigsaw Box can only hold one key, and when a Survivor finds a key in a particular box, that box can't contain another key. I've never actually seen proper confirmation that this is indeed how it works, though. Can someone find video footage of this in action, or can maybe a dev or something confirm that this is actually how the Jigsaw Boxes work?

Best Answer

Answers

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019

I thought the key was generated in a random box each time an RBT was used.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

@White_Owl said:

Yeah NotQueen said in a podcast a while back that the box is picked the moment the RBT is put on someone's head. It changes for each RBT that gets put on people's heads.

• TAG

@White_Owl said:

That was my understanding, but there are apparently people who say that the boxes can't contain more than one key or something (basically, no one box will open two RBTs). I don't know if that is actually true or not, hence why I am asking for confirmation.

• AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118

I heard each trap has a specific box linked to it at the start of the game and you have to get your specific box.

• TAG

I heard each trap has a specific box linked to it at the start of the game and you have to get your specific box.

Is that actually the case, though?  I'd like a clear answer shown to me or said by the devs.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@AnIntellectualClone said:

Not the case. They said on the dev stream that the box gets assigned to the trap at random when the trap is put on the survivors head.

• TAG
    Chi said:

Not the case. They said on the dev stream that the box gets assigned to the trap at random when the trap is put on the survivors head.

Is it one per box, though, or can one Box be assigned multiple times?
  • Chroma
    Chroma Member Posts: 37

@TAG said:
    Chi said:

it is complete rng a box can be re-assigned multiple times

• TAG
    Chroma said:

@TAG said:
    Chi said:

it is complete rng a box can be re-assigned multiple times

Can someone actually verify this?  I just want a clear answer that I can see for myself.
  • TAG
    @not_Queen
    Think you could shed some light on this for me, please?
  • AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118

Ok, I researched a bit on the Dead by Daylight wiki, this is what i found:
    "A randomly chosen Jigsaw Box will be the Key to unlocking the Reverse Bear Traps, the others serve as decoys. Each Trap will have its Key hidden in a randomly selected Box".

• Misa22
    Misa22 Member Posts: 36
    I can verify that in a match I took my trap after another survivor took theirs off in the same jigsaw box, if that is what you are asking. I just waited in line for my turn lol! 
  • TAG

@Misa22 said:
    I can verify that in a match I took my trap after another survivor took theirs off in the same jigsaw box, if that is what you are asking. I just waited in line for my turn lol! 

Were there only four boxes in the match?

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

The correct box is chosen when the RBT is put on and a box can be chosen multiple times for every survivor.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    SWF would be too easy to get it off after each RBT. 

The first guy gets gets it off and tells their friends, oh don’t try the box near the shack, or don’t try to box here or there. 
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,056
    edited January 2019

I only had two Traps on my head in one match for two times until now. And both times the exact same box helped me to get rid of it.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

No... we already have Sloopy Butcher and that slow down the game a lot..

• TAG
    Misa22 said:
    TAG said:

@Misa22 said:

Were there only four boxes in the match?

I think so? I recall the killer having the blindness add-on, but i don't remember the other.

Anyway, diffent survivors can have the same box at the same time, that is for sure. 
    You know, that's good enough for me.  As far as I am concerned, the same box can have multiple keys.