For all the people that say boon have no counter play

Options

Just use noed if they use boon they wont break totem so your noed will always activate.

Survivor will say you use noed you are trash but you are using the best counter possible against them.

Even with noed i still hate boon with a passion and i believe that what hex perk should be

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,260
    Options

NOED isn't a good counter to boons, since it can't snuff one to make room if it needs to- all available bones blessed means no NOED.

Better counters would be things like Thrill and Undying for boons in general, and Exposed or Broken status effects for CoH. Shadow Step can just be played around normally in most cases and Exponential is trash, so those aren't a concern.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

See here's the thing. I'm well aware that Boons have counters. The issue is that the default counter play outside of bringing specific Killers or specific perks is woefully inadequate. That results in Boons, CoH in particular, causing any flavor of split pressure impossible unless you're playing as Plague, Legion, or Artist. As a result... I'd honestly be surprised if you didn't see chase heavy or insta down killers in nearly every game. A single perk shouldn't be doing that.

Are you feeling a bit memey and want to play Scratched Mirror on Lery's? Well... if you get a group with CoH or even worse... CoH + Shadow Step... congrats! You get to lose horribly and have basically no recourse.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    edited January 2022
    Options

The problem on Boon is not really about snuffing time required.

Its Coh can be blessed near a finished Gen in a corner that Killer no more patrol there. Makes Coh lives the entire game.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options

Adding on to this, it effectively kills any kind of playstyle involving hit-and-run or switching targets frequently, it makes tunneling objectively the best course of action for a killer, and then survivors start complain that it's not fun for them.