Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Boon: Shadow Step or Boon: Exponential?

patadanaboca007
patadanaboca007 Member Posts: 48

I'm doing this poll because I'm curious to know what players think about these two boons.

Boon: Shadow Step or Boon: Exponential? 30 votes

Boon: Shadow Step
96%
GibberishSeiko300VolantConch1719TapeKnotCashelP14musstang62TaigaSillierHorizon5Cornpopers_EvanRoboMojoValikTatariuChurchofPigdugmanglitchboiNoOneKnowsNovaWishIcouldmainGannTMpatadanaboca007Dino7281 29 votes
Boon: Exponential
3%
ThePolice 1 vote

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Both of them are kinda SWF only thing unlike CoH.

It's on level of sabo / head-on squads.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’ll say Shadow Step is a bit better than Exponential solely because if a survivor is in solo queue and has Shadow Step they’re more likely to be able to take advantage of it then they are to be in a position to take advantage of Exponential after they’re downed.

• patadanaboca007
    patadanaboca007 Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2022

Both, just choose the one you think It's the best

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Ok, then Shadow step. Exponential only becomes powerful in a swf where it can be properly abused. Solos obviously cannot coordinate things as well.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Exponential is so useless, shadow step is great in indoor maps.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Exponential is very situational and not that useful.

Shadow Step can be great, especially on indoor maps.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Neither are amazing but atleast shadow step is consistent.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Shadow Step I feel is very slept on. It's honestly gotten me out of a lot of situations. Slap on Iron Will plus Shadow Step and boy, that's a nightmare on the killer's end.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Exponential is a completely missed opportunity.

How many perks remove scratch marks? Few, and they are highly contextual. Shadow Step has the added bonus of, while occasionally confusing the killer, it can also force the killer to choose between the boon and the chase. Snuffing the boon will make chases easier - but may allow the survivor toe escape. It's not always useful, but it's a nifty little buff that can turn the tides in a pinch.

Exponential has nearly no use - as not all killers slug. And those killers who do slug often cleanse a nearby totem that they know about.

That and, how many perks exist to help a survivor get back up again while slugged? Unbreakable, Soul Guard, hell... even No Mither.

You have options to prevent slugging that are better and more reliable than Exponential is, and the perk has very limited usefulness. Shadow Step has greater potential for value and accomplishes something few other perks can do.