Comments

• furret534
    furret534 Member Posts: 77
    Options

Obvious troll post is obvious

• furret534
    furret534 Member Posts: 77
    Options

Hey @jesterkind nice to see you roaming the forums again. I always love reading your responses because they're always so well thought out and put together really well.

• k0reant3a
    k0reant3a Member Posts: 139
    Options

It’s way to big you can’t do anything when to go to areas what waster your time hence the building upstairs

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,731
    Options

Eyrie's not that bad. Just make sure to break the two ground level breakable walls so the main building isn't a hell zone (the breakable wall up top also is a god window, but it's a big detour and you won't often chase survivors there.) The gens are such that it's easy to get a tight 3-gen if you focus on one part of the map. I'd generally prioritize main building side over shack side, though focusing on the middle works too.

• Nikynoonoo
    Nikynoonoo Member Posts: 4
    Options

I don't mind Eyries. RPD on the other hand causes my computer to have a meltdown.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,955
    edited January 2022
    Options

I don't know, I read a lot that killers have problems with this maps, yet I am doing exeptional well on the Eiry. Yes, it feels big and there are some good loops that flow into each other, but its also bright as day and you have this long, straight sightlines, that make it quite hard to for survivors to stay really hidden. You can also spot Crows from half the map away and can literally see from the long sides to the other side, as the map is that narrow.

People also say that the main building is that strong, but I somehow catch a lot of survivors, there. The whole upstair region has just one pallet, and once thats gone survivors without balanced landing are dead meat. On the wall next to the basement stairs is a breakable wall that should go down asap, and will help a lot with chases along that side of the main building.

So all in all I don't get it why this map is considered to be so massively favoring survivors?

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 951
    Options

Really should be a breakable wall in that shack if you get the 2 nearby pallets spawns about 15 meters from shack.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I think the map is fine other than that main building.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

To be fair, I don't think a map is very well designed if the sole strategy is "pick a 3 gen and hold it or you will probably lose". Eyrie's got Old Ormond syndrome where it's long, densely packed with interconnected and safe pallets/loops, and the main building is easy to get to and immensely strong. Except at least with Old Ormond you didn't have to break any breakable walls.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,260
    Options

While I agree, I don't think this is a case of "pick three gens to defend", it's a case of "ignore that one gen". It's like the generator in the saloon on Dead Dawg, defending it is just a nightmare chore so it's better to ignore it and let it get finished.

The gen by the shack should just be ignored, but the other six are far more defensible.

• Veinslay
    Options

Why do people keep seriously advocating holding a 3-gen? You cannot do this against 3+ survivors because of boon totems. It's not possible unless the survivors are terrible

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Do it.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I feel like maybe you don't play a lot of solo survivor? Most games I am lucky if my three teammates do a single gen combined. They'll walk along the edge of the map and heal 7000 times a game though.

• Veinslay
    Options

You should re-read the third sentence of my post!

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It was never possible before, but I ALWAYS bet on survivor ineptitude and it has rarely failed me.