The Q&A

Options

When the majority of the player i saw expect not to get their question answer and have for response a soon tm for an answer. I think this show that the player have no confidence in the team and the dev should do something about that.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,627
    Options

This is also a thing.

If the Devs cannot talk about something, there are two options: Saying that they cannot talk about it or soon™ or not answering the Question at all. They cannot win with that one, both times players would be upset.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options
  • legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250
    Options

I know i saw some good question who got down vote like why the dev dont explain their change for the buff and nerf

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,545
    Options

Yes please, something like this. And just delete any questions that still get posted as well as duplicates instead of closing them. I got so tired of going through the questions seeing all those Cross Progress, Dead Hard nerf and MMR questions.

• Journeywalker
    Journeywalker Member Posts: 41
    Options

Yes, something like "FAQs (TWCA)" or "FAQs (TATWISTM). That is, Frequently Asked Questions (That We Can't Answer) and Frequently Asked Questions (The Answer To Which Is Soon TM).

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Unveiling The Ringu Chapter a few months early was an excellent step. Informing us about the tentative ideas regarding closing the gap for the solo queue experience was also good. We need more of this, early info, and advanced insight, even if it's subject to change or never actually materializes. The real issue is excessive secrecy and withholding info until the 11th hour. We know nothing until PTB most of the time, and then we know everything. That's such a weird approach. Some games outline an entire year's worth of DLCs and content updates in advance. The lack of info regarding Realm Beyond updates is terrible, especially since it is the basis for no new maps. RB seems dead and hasn't had an update in a long time, so why no new maps? What happened to next-gen features like RT? Whatever happened to PS4 Pro and Xbox One X enhancements promised in 2019? So much gets promised, and then nothing happens, but to make matters worse, there is no update or follow-up either; it gets forgotten.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Why is so much of this game like top secret?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Although it can be frustrating to not get a straight answer, sometimes the non-answers are still useful. No comment about Pinhead's voice-lines being a good example. Nobody ruled out them coming back.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Lots of love mandy but girl don't even answer them if you can't provide an answer. Most people would rather it be just answered in forums or discussed outside of a Q&A rather than just filling the Q&A with "Maybe" or "Soon" Answers.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

I wouldn't consider this forum the entirety or even a particularly large section of the community. I like the Q&A's cause sometimes you actually get decent news as opposed to things that make you actively distressed.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

What do you expect when you leave the questions to popular vote? All the meme ones and pointless ones will be up voted (especially with the platform they used) and the serious and meaningful ones will be ignored.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,138
    Options

I hope one of questions in Q&A is related to hackers.

what will do DBD will do to minimize hacking?

I've heard rumors that in asia, people use that pig add-on(video tape) that puts traps on survivors to instant kill all 4 survivors at the start of the trial. sounds like very crazy hack. I've also seen some speed-hacking. I do not think hacking is healthy for any game. It should priority to remove to insure healthy gameplay experience for player base.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Personally I think they should look at how other companies handle communication with the community. Having watched years of Warframe devstreams there's a massive difference between them.

The Warframe devs never come to them with the intention of dancing around issues and remaining vague about the future. They come prepared to give some insight into what's coming up that they haven't spoken about before, and they make it feel worthwhile to show up each time. When they get questions about how something is going to be changed etc, they quite often check with each other like "hey is it ok if we just tell them that?" and usually the answer yes and they elaborate.

In contrast BHVR seems genuinely scared to actually talk about anything they're working on. Unless something is basically already announced for a PTB, it's the most coveted secret in the world. A perk is broken, is it being changed? "Can't say." People genuinely don't like how MMR works, are there any changes in the line? "SoonTM." Why haven't boons been toned down when 3 months later CoH is still in every single match dictating how the killer plays the entire time? "Nothing has been said yet." Why do we get asked in feedback surveys whether we'd like linked sets to be less restrictive, then hear nothing about it for the next 6 months? "..."

Showing up to watch a BHVR Q&A is just asking to listen to a bunch of PR talk and non-answers. If something isn't working, how about telling us the different version that have been tested internally to at least give us the feeling we're being listened to? How about have people answering the questions who have the sort of authority in the company to make the decision to actually answer something of interest rather than just reading off a script that says "don't answer this" 45 times? Honestly would it be so hard to sit down at a meeting before one of these things goes out and just ask the question "are there any of these questions we can just answer honestly with some new information that won't cause the Earth to plunge into the Sun?"

Honestly the fact that I'm now sitting on a couple of months of free reddit premium just for saying these are a waste of time should be a big flashing neon sign about how the community at large feels in regards to the way we're babied in these events.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

Where can I find what was discussed in the Q&A?

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

Ah the way people were talking it sounded as if it had already happened.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

It's not that we don't appreciate it. They just cherry pick the easiest to answer questions, and even then, we get non answers most of the time. "We don't have any data on that yet". Or "we have the data but nothing to share yet" etc. Like, there's not even a point. It's like watching a political candidate speak. They heavily filter questions to best make themselves look good.

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250
    Options

Its because all the recent Q&A are the same that why soon tm is becoming a meme in the player base again. It did not happen yet but for some reason the majority of the player already know the answer whitout knowing the question that the issue when its like that i think its because the player lost faith in the compagnie and can only expect the Q&A to be a huge waste of time

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

I just want to know about console optimization

:(

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

"they just cherry pick the questions"

They take the highest voted ones on here and on Twitter. When they did cherry pick they got ######### for cherry picking, now they still get told that but combined with "you never give answers" even though these are the questions everyone keeps asking despite knowing they can't get an answer.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

It's a good thing it's Thursday, I was out at a meal today and wouldn't have been able to finish it off tonight