The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Boons

Dabrownman1812
Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Boons are great, but in practice quiet strong. Maybe boons don't stack because we don't know what new powerful boons will arise. And/or, make boons take longer each time you activate them.

For freddy wake up, the time increases. Since boons let everyone heal and can be applied infinitely, the time to reactivate boons should double for each activation by player.

Another idea is to let the killer just break the totem entirely, so survivors have to be smart with their resources. Killers could break boons and resurrect with pentimento for example. The team shares 5 potential totem uses and so does the killer.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Dabrownman1812

Quite strong, that typo lol

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The only Boon that appears to be too strong at the moment is Circle of Healing, the other two don’t seem to be problematic. If they tone down Circle of Healing’s effect that should do the trick.

• Dabrownman1812

I agree, bu issue is resource use as when people nerf a perk other boons fill in. Survivors can pick a spot and use a boon infinitely and have multiple sets of the same boons. So I'm getting to the main core issues because even if circle is nerfed and speed is halved for example, it still grants a free medkit and goes off into many strong scenarios due to being infinite. Shadow step is also strong with builds etc and the potential for what can be a boon is really high. Think about it, quick and quiet boon, wiggle boon, and then think about these boons in tandem. So the issue is boon mechanics and not a specific boon, even though one is stronger than others. Imagine a quick and quiet with shadow step set around the map, quick and quiet with no cool down cause boon. Boons don't have cool downs. Boon:extra item use or boon you don't make sounds, etc. 

• dugman

Just to clarify, survivors get only one totem each, they can't actually stack all their collective groups' Boon perks on a single totem. If four survivors bring Boons then they each have to use one of four separate totems and each totem only has that one survivor's perk benefits.

So the most "stacking" you would get in one spot on the map is one survivor's Boon perks.

• Dabrownman1812

The stacking is being able to set multiple boons, same effect, infinitely. Or multiple effects on one. Stacking isn't simply on one spot, it's people setting many areas.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Shadowstep is extremely annoying and can break game if used right.

• dugman

Personally I haven’t found Shadowstep to be that annoying. Because it only hides things in its range, and there’s a decent chance you can hear the totem if you’re in its range, then there’s also a decent chance that if someone is running in an area with Shadowstep and you don’t see them that you’ll hear the totem, snuff it, and see the scratch marks all of a sudden and get into a chase. Also Shadowstep has no effect on just seeing or hearing the survivor normally or on blood trails, crows and killer instinct.

• Dabrownman1812

I guess, but in practice it still does a lot. Blocks nurses, blocks bbq, etc. Most people don't use shadow step with quick and quiet. But when theyre used together it is an issue. Also shadow step persists after you leave the range for 4 seconds about, so it's not just the range. Blocking bbq by gens etc means killers have to manually check gens, which costs most killers a lot of time. Some killers naturally handle boons better. As a survivor I helped win games by setting shadowstep near gens with spine chill. The killer can see I have shadow step, i'm long gone.

• Dabrownman1812

The issue is the time lost for the power vs what killers can do to regain. It's simple, out a blessing cap with tokens or increase time of blessing as they rebless. The couple second circle of heal nerf isn't enough. There's gonna be other boons i'm sure that's gonna be strong when stacked, let's hit the mechanic as a compromise to not nerf individual boons to the point theyre unusable. Like taking away the notification from thrill of the hunt was doop