What if the player is the entity

Options
KiraElijah
KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
What if you are the entity? As you choose who enters the Trial. And you watch the Survivors, but watch killers from their perspective...

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    *Slow clap*
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    edited September 2018
    Options
    *Brain implodes*
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

Oh no!

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

But then we have like over 50 thousand entities... right?

• KiraElijah
    Options
    Milo said:

O.o
  • Alona
    Alona Member Posts: 40
    Options

@Milo said:

Maybe the entity isn't one being but rather much like the demon Legion or a hivemind.

• KiraElijah
    Options
    Alona said:

@Milo said:

Maybe the entity isn't one being but rather much like the demon Legion or a hivemind.

Maybe...
  • Ragnarök
    Ragnarök Member Posts: 1
    Options
    That would be cool!
  • Jiggilybits
    Jiggilybits Member Posts: 6
    Options
    What if it's a simulation inside a simulation inside a dream inside a microwave and we are all just TV dinners 
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options
    When you get sacrificed you turn back into the dark mist like spirit form.

so you're the entity technically 
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I call bullshit! You can't see whole picture. Entity is the one who created this reality. Entity is the one who instill rules. Entity is the one who punishes killers [by nerfing them]. Entity is the one who feed hope [that DS will be nerfed].

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@KiraElijah said:
    What if you are the entity? As you choose who enters the Trial. And you watch the Survivors, but watch killers from their perspective...

True or not i like this Thank you!

• KiraElijah
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@KiraElijah said:

True or not i like this Thank you!

:wink:
  • Lyxfex
    Lyxfex Member Posts: 8
    Options

Sadly the devs just confirm that the entity does not watch the rial therefore the player can't be the entity.

• KiraElijah
    Options
    Lyxfex said:

Sadly the devs just confirm that the entity does not watch the rial therefore the player can't be the entity.

And then you came and smashed away our hope...
  • AtomicCPU3
    AtomicCPU3 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Devs: oh no there learning

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

I actually came up with this, it's either us or the devs that are The Entity, the devs bring in the new killer and the survivor, and we summon said survivor and killer.

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    Options

The theories right now:

• PoppaSquat
    PoppaSquat Member Posts: 78
    Options

@Lyxfex said:

Right but haven't they hinted at the Entity being a mysterious being, and things in the Entities realm aren't always super straight forward?
    Sure the Entity might not watch the ritual, but only because its controlling every actor in that ritual.

So if we took this threads theory and ran with it, we (the players) act as the entities nervous system determining movements and actions/reactions, the devs (or designers) act as the architects of the realm taking these settings and characters and giving them a tangible representation and rules on which to function, and the server (currently killers machine, soon to be centralized server with any luck) is the manifestation of that realm.

In that way the entity is a being comprised of everyone who directly interacts with the realm, and as such with each new person that plays the game the entities power grows as though it were to manifest a new tendril granting it even further power and influence (the literal example here is the more people that buy the game the more money the game makes therefore more content can be added to the game).

Unfortunately I don't really think this is the direction they're heading in, but its fun to think about none the less

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    Options

Wow. Trippy.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@PoppaSquat Now I wish that was the direction they would run with. You just made the best thing I've read in regards to this.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No, no. Can't be.

If i were the entity, i would have moris for SWFs, and there would be more leather and chains... uhm forget that last part.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    No, no. Can't be.

If I would have moris for SWFs, and there would be more leather and chains... uhm forget that last part.

O.o

• KiraElijah
    Options

@Lyxfex said:

Right but haven't they hinted at the Entity being a mysterious being, and things in the Entities realm aren't always super straight forward?
    Sure the Entity might not watch the ritual, but only because its controlling every actor in that ritual.

So if we took this threads theory and ran with it, we (the players) act as the entities nervous system determining movements and actions/reactions, the devs (or designers) act as the architects of the realm taking these settings and characters and giving them a tangible representation and rules on which to function, and the server (currently killers machine, soon to be centralized server with any luck) is the manifestation of that realm.

In that way the entity is a being comprised of everyone who directly interacts with the realm, and as such with each new person that plays the game the entities power grows as though it were to manifest a new tendril granting it even further power and influence (the literal example here is the more people that buy the game the more money the game makes therefore more content can be added to the game).

Unfortunately I don't really think this is the direction they're heading in, but its fun to think about none the less

This guy made it even better
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

@Lyxfex said:

What I find curious then is the "Beast of Prey" (I think thats its name) perk. It's the one where you lose connection to the entity, but then whats the point of this connection if the entity does not watch or participate in the games?