Hex: Huntress' Lullaby Rework

aarongai
aarongai Member Posts: 155
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Not many people use this perk given how likely it is for its hex totem to get cleansed before stacks can be accumulated from hooking Survivors. Even then, the effects are negligible until maybe 3 hooks.

Here's an idea:

• No longer a hex perk
  • Survivors who linger within your terror / lullaby radius for more than 12/10/8 seconds become Paranoid
  • Paranoid Survivors are incapable of focusing on any sounds except your terror / lullaby radius
  • Lasts until you injure / down the affected Survivor or they exit your terror / lullaby radius

This may seem like it doesn't do much to help the Killer as the Survivor can still hear their terror radius, however a Survivor who is deaf to all but the terror radius also cannot hear skillcheck warnings, effectively making them instant and more likely for Survivors to miss them and reveal their locations. It also allows killers to use their powers without emitting any audio cues. So things like:

• Hatchet windup
  • Bell ringing
  • Trap setting
  • Hag teleporting
  • Killer breathing
  • Zapping
  • Chainsawing
  • Blinking
  • Breaking pallets / generators
  • Phasewalking
  • Ambushing (as Pig)
  • Leveling up Evil Within

Will all be silent until the Killer lands their first hit.

Post edited by aarongai on

Comments

• razaluna
    razaluna Member Posts: 52

I actually like this idea, and it would actually synergize with huntress very well, so long as she has the exclution of the perk effecting her humming and not her TR

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

its a huge buff but i dont like it the hex meant to be powerful if its not a hex then its needs to be soo weak meaning that it needs alot of nerf

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Can we maybe have them have to be in your TR without being in a chase (similar to Stake Out) to be hit with the penalty?  I worry it might be a bit of a problem if you can aquire this penalty a second time in a row in the middle of a chase.
  • Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    While I don't think this would make the perk "meta", it would be a lot more useful than it currently is. However, I can imagine trying to code it to work with Huntress's hum instead of her actual TR would be weird (since perks like M&A and Distressing affect her actual TR and do nothing to her hum, it would seem they would have to make an exception in coding to refer to survivors in her hum radius).

TAG said:
    Can we maybe have them have to be in your TR without being in a chase (similar to Stake Out) to be hit with the penalty?  I worry it might be a bit of a problem if you can aquire this penalty a second time in a row in the middle of a chase.
    This seems like a fair idea, because being completely deaf to everything else during a chase could be a bit too strong.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

This would make my fav skillcheck build actually playable. I like to run Huntress Lullaby with Distressing and Unnerving so the skillcheck is barely heard and it's small. This would do the same thing and because it's directly tied to your TR it doesn't need to be a totem because the effect goes away when you go away, just like Unnerving Presence and Coulrophobia.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@aarongai said:
    Not many people use this perk given how likely it is for its hex totem to get cleansed before stacks can be accumulated from hooking Survivors. Even then, the effects are negligible until maybe 3 hooks.

Here's an idea:

• No longer a hex perk
    • Survivors who linger within your terror / lullaby radius for more than 12/10/8 seconds become Paranoid
    • Paranoid Survivors are incapable of focusing on any sounds except your terror / lullaby radius
    • Lasts until you injure / down the affected Survivor or they exit your terror / lullaby radius

This may seem like it doesn't do much to help the Killer as the Survivor can still hear their terror radius, however a Survivor who is deaf to all but the terror radius also cannot hear skillcheck warnings, effectively making them instant and more likely for Survivors to miss them and reveal their locations. It also allows killers to use their powers without emitting any audio cues. So things like:

• Hatchet windup
    • Bell ringing
    • Trap setting
    • Killer breathing
    • Zapping
    • Chainsawing
    • Blinking

Will all be silent until the Killer lands their first hit.

Decent idea, I like it.
    Would definitely add a little bit more of a scary factor to the game

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    Would it affect Michael's Evil Within sound?
  • aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155

@A_Crow said:
    Would it affect Michael's Evil Within sound?

Yep, deaf to all sounds but terror radius / lullaby. Could make for some nice mind game opportunities since the Survivor wouldn't hear pallet breaking or ranking up Evil Within III.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Easier fix.

Not a Hex totem (like you mentioned)
    Gains tokens when a survivor is rescued from the hook and you're far enough away ie: like Devour Hope