Please buff solo survivor and killer together

Options
TruffleTurtle
TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I feel like many people don't want solo survivor to get buffed because they know they will have to wait 6+ months for the killer to be buffed due to the survivor buff. It happened with keys and moris and I'm willing to bet it'll happen again. Just doing both together will fix the wait time for the killers

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Fingers crossed.

• Journeywalker
    Journeywalker Member Posts: 41
    Options

Or at least throw killers a bone and give them an extra offering slot when they’re playing SWFs.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Thing is, solos still wont have the same power as SWF, and they cant just guess how much of an impact this will have on the game.

So in a way I agree, but they cant give a massive buff to killers without knowing how much of an impact that solo buff will give

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

Solo's will never be as good as swf even if Behaviour introduces built in comms. Bad teammates will still be bad teammates and still perform unsafe rescues, hide behind rocks, self care in a corner on the other side of the map while you're bleeding out on a hook and so on.

People are over estimating how good Solo Queue can be. Sure, it can be better, but it isn't the communication that's a main problem. Sure, it's part of it, but matchmaking is more of a problem that needs to be improved upon to see any real improvement.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I wish they would do the opposite and buff swf with some solo nerfs. I want to see what that would be like.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,627
    Options

Exactly. IMO the communication in SWFs is hugely overrated. The main reason why there is a gap between Solos and SWFs is because you filter out bad teammates when playing as SWF.

So whatever they decide to help Solo Queue might not even help that much. There is 0 point in knowing what my teammates are doing, when they do nothing while I am being chased.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

Yup. Honestly, I think the only information solo really needs would be a notification for when someone is going for a rescue. This way, I can at least make an informed decision on what my actions would be.

Also, there is a point in knowing when teammates are doing nothing while you're being chased. It'll let you know not to struggle when you get to stage two on the hook 😖

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

I think Buffing both at the same time is impossible cause they don't know how much solos will profit from the new stuff but let's say after one month they should start seeing results and start Buffing killers if they really manage to get solos to a better place and wait to long with killer buffs they will just lose more and more killer mains

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

When did they said anything about killer buff?

Or you mean Legion and GF rework?

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Its common knowledge that SWF is stronger than killer, which is in turn stronger than solo survivor. One of the biggest arguments for nerfing killers is usually how oppressive they are toward solo survivors (especially in low rank/MMR.) Ideally all 3 would be on somewhat even ground if balancing the game is the goal, so any solo survivor oriented buffs should coincide with killer buffs as well.

Of course, it rarely actually happens.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

During the QnA, they said they want to bring solo up closer to SWF level, and then to buff killer.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Interesting. I watched it whole and this is the first time hearing this

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

It was in the Japanese section.

"Do you plan to give Killers more BP for facing SWF?"

There's nothing currently planned, despite internal conversations. It's more likely it's better to look at it from a view of 'how do we properly compensate and deal with this', through solo buffs then killer buffs, instead of just bloodpoint rewards. The idea is to close the Solo/SWF gap so it's not something you need a reward for.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

They won't buff them together. They need to see how much of an impact this survivor buff will have on the game, then buff killers if needed.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

The eternal mantra: Buff solo, then buff killer.

So far, Solos have gotten:

• An always-on Obsession, so the killer doesn't know if the solo team didn't bring DS
    • A per-character hook counter, so the solos know who's most in danger
    • BT buff that applies its effect vs all killers, including ones with stealth, lullabies, or who are across the map to remove the danger of blindly unhooking
    • Killer nerfs that advertise the power being used cross-map with loud sound cues
    • Boon totems worth two bonus perks each that advertise themselves to solos through cross-map sound cue, cross-map auras, nearness screen glow, and a buff indicator
    • Numerous killer nerfs on middling killers for the sole reason that "their power was OPPRESSIVE to solo survivors"

And now they're looking at additional ways to buff them, like cross-map activity icons or (maybe) basekit Borrowed Time.

Pray tell, when exactly are the buffs to all killers supposed to be coming? Because if you're waiting for Solo and SWF to have the same success rate, you're going to be waiting until the heat death of the universe.