DLC for free

Options
Hi, I was wondering, are all dlc characters buyable in the store afteraftewith some time with the (free) iridescent shards? Or are the ones that cost money always gonna be for people who buy the currency? I want the new characters, but im not willing to put more money into the game

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• snoopy
    snoopy Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Then I have another auestion, since im not willing to buy the characters with irl money. Which survivor is the best considering that I only want them for free?

And also, can I buy multiple at once for a discount in some way?

Regards
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

@snoopy said:
    Then I have another auestion, since im not willing to buy the characters with irl money. Which survivor is the best considering that I only want them for free?

Regards

All DLCs were on sale during the holidays.
    Other than that, no, there's no discount for buying a combination of DLCs.
    Which Survivor is the best is probably not something i can answer properly.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    Boss said:

@snoopy said:

Regards

All DLCs were on sale during the holidays.
    Other than that, no, there's no discount for buying a combination of DLCs.
    Which Survivor is the best is probably not something i can answer properly.

I would say depends on playstyles.
    For example if you need some help in the chase get Kate Windows of Opportunity.
    Feng has nice perks. Shes a middle ground for being able to survive chases and be stealthy. Ace sucks. Adams and Jeff perks are unique. In means if you are stealthy and altruistic you will get value out of their perks
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Licensed character can only be bought with money or auric cells, you can use shards for the rest

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@snoopy said:
    Hi, I was wondering, are all dlc characters buyable in the store afteraftewith some time with the (free) iridescent shards? Or are the ones that cost money always gonna be for people who buy the currency? I want the new characters, but im not willing to put more money into the game

Thanks in advance

Only killers which are property of BHVR are free, i.e clown, spirit and legion. They can make them free as they own the rights, where as the other killers they can't add for free as they are licensed by other companys and so have to pay for the licensing along with needing to make a profit and also a return.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options
    Any original characters are available with shards. Licensed characters (ones from movies that BHVR does not own the rights to) are not. Contracts and all that, they were released before the store was a thing. It could change in the future, but there are no announced plans at the moment.
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@Peanits said:
    Any original characters are available with shards. Licensed characters (ones from movies that BHVR does not own the rights to) are not. Contracts and all that, they were released before the store was a thing. It could change in the future, but there are no announced plans at the moment.

Release a free DLC

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options
    Arroz said:

@Peanits said:

Release a free DLC

I mean, that's not really my call to make. We release free DLC when we can. If you really want, you can buy the last chapter with shards for free.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited January 2019
    Options

I would love rather to see a new charity case DLC

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options
    snoopy said:
    Which survivor is the best considering that I only want them for free?
    I like to watch how Feng Min screams and contorts when I put her on the hook. You could get her. Did that help?  ;)