Legion rework

OllieAnder_Live
OllieAnder_Live Member Posts: 6
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

As we all should know Legion is getting a rework.

My IDEA:

You as the player pick one of the legion members to start with.

All legion members spawn in the game (like nemesis' zombies) they can not feral. They walk around the map and can hit survivors as well as cause killer instinct (Like the twins).

The player can use a secondary ability to change to one of the other legion members. Doing so does put the feral frenzy on complete cooldown. (even if it was already full and ready to use).

This would bring the idea of Legion as a group of killers into the game as ACTUALLY being a group of killers.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Do they move around at full speed? If so that’s kinda busted

• OllieAnder_Live
    edited January 2022

No they would walk like a survivor would walk. They can not run or anything but would bring more of that wolf pack concept that Legion is supposed to be. Moving like how zombies meander around

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,480

thing is this could be used for HARD camping, setting up an area where all 4 Legion members are and dealing full health states of damage. Not to mention you could technically just hook a Survivor, then take control of another and you'd still be guarding the hook. Because of this, this they would also have INSANE map pressure being able to not only be a 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 places at once. You could theoretically be pressuring all 4 Survivors at once even if they're all separated, which is literally punishing them for doing their job well. Separated? Still punished for it, together? You have to deal with Frenzy.

Don't even get me started on the slow down, having to deal with a Legion member just showing up while repairing a gen and also having to deal with Deep Wounds would just be a pain, and them walking as fast as a Survivor walking is a bit more of a big deal than you realize. Zombies move at 1m/s (or 25%). A Survivor walking moves at 2.26m/s (or 56.5%). They would definitely be able to assist much better in chase because of this and be able to push Survivors off gens more consistently.

They would easily become the strongest killer in the game but in a VERY unhealthy way

• OllieAnder_Live
    edited January 2022

Did you not see the part about they would meander around....meaning that the other legions would NOT be stationary.....and walk around....like survivors.... but as the zombies meander around...Quote. "All legion members spawn in the game (like nemesis' zombies) they can NOT feral." (meaning they cant deep would.) the killer instinct would be like victors.

Read this part too..

• OllieAnder_Live

As I stated prior. They would move around the map. As well, move like zombies and walk. They can NOT feral so no deep wounds except by the player. They would only give a killer instinct.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,172

Or how about this: the first hit wounds you, the second hit gives you a deep wound, but they can't ever down you with their attacks, unless you let the Deepwound timer run out. This way they would be similar to the Zombies, yet different.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

Eh, cool idea but not very feasible. I don't think AI legion members is the way to go.

I think they just need to balance frenzy to be both useful in the first injury, and still capable of downing, but in a non-oppressive and unfair way.

I'm sure there's a way to do it, maybe his speed is back to 115 while chasing an injured survivor, but maintains vaulting ability?

Let him down in frenzy if two/ three survivors are in deep wounds?

We have to be reasonable with the devs, they won't be able to magically add something new like AI legions or a clone/disguise mechanic. They need to fix frenzy into something good

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

We know they are getting changes.

It's not said it's going to be a rework. I doubt they will ever do a full rework like they did with freddy

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,172

Or how about this: while in frenzy you chase with 130% speed, and the survivors that you put in Deep Wound can move at 115% as long as you frenzy, till mended.

This way you can frenzy after the unwounded survivors as usual and have normal chases with the Deepwounded survivors, who can also experience the exhilarating frenzied speed.

• Dramzar_Myers
    Dramzar_Myers Member Posts: 131

I love their ability as it is now. It's fast and mobile killer and it's why I love to play them.

The buff I think will be perfect - it's to make more add-ons like green "Legion Emblem" that doesn't allow to heal to full health for certain amount of time. Perfectly would be make this Frenzy's basekit, and add-ons will just change time of this heal debuff

• darksouls3600
    darksouls3600 Member Posts: 237

Wow, this gonna be fun and op, maybe if the others legion members have nurse speed and can't down, because you can switch to then like hag traps and by doing so he will get his normal stats, speed and power, etc. After hum... 2 seconds?

But this never gonna happen, because survivors gonna cry, like artist in the ptb, it's a ptb of course the killer will be op in the beginning, we are learning his power, map and addons and how to loop... But they nerf her, like all killers...

• darksouls3600
    darksouls3600 Member Posts: 237

maybe an addon that does that: active frenzy, hit survivor, lost your frenzy, wait for the cooldown, active frenzy and down the survivor, and probably will have more time the cooldown for frenzy.

• alimeria
    alimeria Member Posts: 55

no...

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Thing is, these are issues:

1. As many people stated before, being able to switch to whoever basically makes it impossible to play as survivor. So no, having all 4 characters on the map won't ever happen.(Twins has 2 controllable characters and look how much she had to be changed for just being able to swap)

2. Having both this ability and feral frenzy would be far too much. Feral Frenzy is already criminally underrated for what it can do. Very few killers can injure multiple survivors in a short amount of time, let alone keep them injured. It's a very powerful ability and not why Legion is considered to be weak. Legion is considered to be weak since he cannot really use Frenzy to down and he doesn't really have any chasing power. But he still only has to do half the chase since people remain injured.

A legion rework would mainly consist of changing the 4 second rule that is around Legion. Almost everything Legion does has a 4 second cooldown. Expect to see fatigue reduced to 3 seconds, expect to see the Frenzy cooldown punishment be reduced to 2 seconds, expect to see the movementspeed increase to 150%-ish and blood to appear during Frenzy. Those are all the mechanical changes that Legion needs. Half the add-ons would need to be changed or adjusted to compensate, but that's really all Legion needs.

Being able to use his power more consistently, being able to actually gain distance from using his power(which is literally the only real change he needs) and not having to wait longer than Spirit to move slower.