The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's the current state of Matchmaking?

In the last month and a half, I have had a lot of trouble with the matchmaking, with upto average waiting time of 3-4 minutes every time I hit join lobby, with the extreme of 15 minutes, after which I quit.trying. This is happening mostly as a survivor in a solo queue. I just want to know what's happening with the matchmaking currently and the update on the new system that was being talked about. 

Answers

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

My lobbies fill quite literally immediately.
    That's all i can say.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Bad. As a solo survivor I can go from instant matchmaking to 30 minutes of waiting to finding a lobby to be ditched right after.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    As a Killer its fine, 30s max. As a survivor it takes a while though.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Where are all the survivor mains that claimed that killers have long queues because survivors quit after all the nerfs?!
  • ChesterTheMolester
    Tsulan said:
    Where are all the survivor mains that claimed that killers have long queues because survivors quit after all the nerfs?!
    Playing the game obviously. 

Ironic isn't it?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Tsulan said:
    Here we can see @Tsulan trying to start a riot ^^
  • Tsulan
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Not a Riot. Just curious. Since they claimed so hard that the nerfs were to much.
    Don't you remember the threads?
    Maybe killers did the same...
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:

Ironic isn't it?
    So waiting in queue...
    Yes, it's ironic. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Not a Riot. Just curious. Since they claimed so hard that the nerfs were to much.
    @Tsulan
    Survivor queue times are usually quite fast, that's why people is asking what's going on (including myself, i made a thread about it too).
    Also there's hasn't been any important change that nerfs survivors so...
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

Solo? No problems on either side.

If I get a friend to go SWF with comparable rank? Things get weird. Wait for ages to get in a lobby for a Killer that's in China, Australia or even in the US. (UK here)

• Tsulan
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    @Tsulan
    Survivor queue times are usually quite fast, that's why people is asking what's going on (including myself, i made a thread about it too).
    I would bet on some kind of matchmaking problem. Like killers had a month ago.
    Or all the kids went back to school...
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:

Tsulan said:

Vietfox said:

Tsulan said:

ChesterTheMolester said:

@Tsulan

I would bet on some kind of matchmaking problem. Like killers had a month ago.
    Or all the kids went back to school...

From my perspective rank 1 matchmaking felt like it used to be a few days ago. Survivor hat a little bit longer queue time, and killer lobbies were filling up. Now after rank reset (r10) it seems like my killer lobbies take a couple of minutes to fill. Just strange.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Sometimes on ps4 as a survivor it's within seconds. Other times it takes a few minutes. It's very inconsistent. I usually exit and re enter the lobby because idk if it's glitched or what. Sometimes that does the trick.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Lobbies that are stuck at 3 survivors are STILL a thing and it's extremely annoying.
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Tsulan said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

I was just thinking that myself. I'll never forget that special Radiant guy clustering the forums with nonesense.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited January 2019
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

I was just thinking that myself. I'll never forget that special Radiant guy clustering the forums with nonesense.

I love how after his 20th acc he finally tried not calling himself Radiant only to flag everyone who called him out (which did not take long lol).

I'm not sure where he is today but if its not a mental asylum he's definitely at the wrong place.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    My lobbies are fine. On Killers, they fill up quite fast, unless someone quits. As Survivor, sometimes its instant, sometimes a few more seconds.

The only problem with old matchmaking was that it prioritised newer lobbies over the older ones, which I always found stupid. So easy to end up in a lobby with 2 or 3 Survivors for eternity. Hopefully the new matchmaking will take care of this.
  • Tsulan
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

I love how after his 20th acc he finally tried not calling himself Radiant only to flag everyone who called him out (which did not take long lol).

I'm not sure where he is today but if its not a mental asylum he's definitely at the wrong place.
    Yeah that guy was really annoying. 
    Probably a fan of the one who shall not be named. 
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I play on PS4 and this has been happening since early December last year. It's very annoying to wait long and then get dodged only to find a newer lobby in solo queue. Still my question on the current status of the newly proposed matchmaking system hasn't been answered though.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Waaahhh you are just another killermain trying to get more buffs for ez 4ks

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:

Ironic isn't it?
    So waiting in queue...
    Yes, it's ironic. 
    Hell yeah dude... I got to rank 8 after reset and hit a wall as survivor I couldn't get a lobby after a 25 min wait... so I ended up playing a bit of killer even though I didn't wanna touch killer this patch since  sounds are not fixed until the midchapter
  • miisku
    miisku Member Posts: 1

Recently I've been unable to find games fast.. whether it's swf or not. The other day we had 4 games in 2 hours, today 1 game found in 25 minutes. It's getting impossible to play.

• lindechene
    lindechene Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2019

I actually did come to the forum to find some information if there currently is some "special" reason why match making seems longer than usual like during Halloween.

Yesterday after rank reset on PS4 as solo survivor I observed 3-4 minute queues.

As Killer the lobby filled with 4 survivors within mostly less than 30 seconds.

Playing survivor again later in the night the waiting times improved but I started to observe some very weird parings.

Examples:

4 survivors level 11-13 and one killer at 18. (???)

2 survivors at 17-18. 2 survivors at 11-13 and one killer at 17.

1 survivor at 13. 3 survivors at 17-18 and one killer at 17.

. . .

• Khalednazari
    @lindechene yes, it's been very weird on PS4 for me, too offlate. 
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Better than black ops that’s for sure
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Tsulan said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

ChesterTheMolester said:

Yeah that guy was really annoying. 
    Probably a fan of the one who shall not be named. 

Who's @Radiant ?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Better finally!

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    So I’m here waiting to find a trial... 12 minutes and counting.
  • Tsulan
    Bravo0413 said:
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:

Ironic isn't it?
    So waiting in queue...
    Yes, it's ironic. 
    Hell yeah dude... I got to rank 8 after reset and hit a wall as survivor I couldn't get a lobby after a 25 min wait... so I ended up playing a bit of killer even though I didn't wanna touch killer this patch since  sounds are not fixed until the midchapter
    Rank reset might have to do something with it. Not everyone had the time to rank up to their normal rank. So queue times vary.

Good thing is, if you play both sides, you won't have to wait long. Since you can just switch to the side with instant filled lobbies. 
  • nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37
    Toxic. That's all the people I come across in, literally, EVERY game. I love this community. It's just like WoT.
  • Khalednazari
    Poweas said:

Who's @Radiant ?

A myth. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    Poweas said:

Who's @Radiant ?

A myth. 
    A legend.
  • Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

I have a group of maybe 10 people that i play with regularly on swf, were mostly between rank 1-8 and its almost always a 30+ minute wait to get in a match (sometimes an hour because we will get into a match and the killer will DC due to us being swf before game even starts -_-). I suppose its because its usually 3-4 of us at a time but we have so much fun and create hilarious collage videos of each other doing stupid things in matches. Plus playing with randoms is so frustrating because i end up getting farmed or left on the hook after only being hooked once.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

I have a group of maybe 10 people that i play with regularly on swf, were mostly between rank 1-8 and its almost always a 30+ minute wait to get in a match (sometimes an hour because we will get into a match and the killer will DC due to us being swf before game even starts -_-). I suppose its because its usually 3-4 of us at a time but we have so much fun and create hilarious collage videos of each other doing stupid things in matches. Plus playing with randoms is so frustrating because i end up getting farmed or left on the hook after only being hooked once.

Put on P2 or even P3 Claudette. You will be dodged so often you’d think that was the Killer’s objective.
  • Khalednazari
    JammyJewels said:

Put on P2 or even P3 Claudette. You will be dodged so often you’d think that was the Killer’s objective.
    Lol
  • Khalednazari
    Matchmaking is still very troublesome and inconsistent for me.