The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why isn't Pinhead disabled?

BenSanderson55
BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
edited December 2022 in General Discussions

You can disable maps and perks when they're broken, what about killers?

This isn't me saying pinhead is op or strong. He's broken.

1) Being attacked by chains when doing the box isn't fixed. "So then do it before chainhunt timer completes" brings me to point #2

2) Soloq can't coordinate to do the box efficiently.

3) I can't force console players to remap their buttons (vault, remove chains) or perhaps they don't even know.

I'm finally saying something because I've been getting a lot more pinheads lately. I assume his new voicelines, but I surmise mainly most killers know of the points I mentioned above and use him for those reasons, especially during the event. Because why use a bad killer (which i've heard numerous times since he was nerfed) otherwise.

And finally just my opinion, he isn't fun to play against, I prefer a nurse or blight to pinhead. Wonder why he gets so many DCs and deadhooks if he's so bad? lol

Post edited by Rizzo on
ยซ1

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Only one of those is actually a case of him being broken, but I'd argue that since it kind of ends up being worse for him for someone to not be able to solve the box, it's not a killswitch sort of situation.

He wants people solving the box, either so he can interrupt them or so that the chain hunt will eventually start affecting the other three players again. Holding on to the box forever - which is the only thing you can do if you can't solve it - is actually the worst case scenario for him. This isn't like the unsnuffable totem spots, or CoH literally crashing the game, it's more like the bug that Pig's iridescent had; it made the game harder for the killer so it wasn't abusable.

• BenSanderson55

Yawn, that's not all i said, doesn't help to be disingenuous.

I'm glad there's a rational balanced opinion here. Good to know about chains in 3 never thought about that.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

in order for Pinhead to be disabled he would need to trigger a game breaking bug

• BenSanderson55
    edited January 2022

I used to just hold onto the box, but i also play killer and know that would make me salty. So i stopped doing that unless my soloq team is getting stomped, but even when i do hold the box gens still don't get done fast enough in most cases lol. I also know to do the box when i know hes busy that can be hit or missed depending on his addons, how close he is to a hook, etc

• BenSanderson55

Again disingenuous, maybe ill just take out fun to play against as some are reading way too in to that. He is BROKEN because a patch or 2 ago it said they fixed the chains attacking when doing the box they didnt.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited January 2022

I feel you, as soloQ i faced 8 Pinheads today 7 of them did 4k with 3 to 5 gens with little effort. Only 1 did a 2k and only because he had an awful build.

The thing with Pinhead is that his passive is overly opressive when also using slowdown builds. I and my team found it literaly imposible to repair a thing.

Chains are constantly making it near imposible to repair even if you are always going to solve the puzzle, the timer is very short.. and when you think you could do something he also have the new popular "Dead man Switch" alonside with "undying", "pop", "ruin" or "haunted grounds". This build with him is ez wins almost guaranteed.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Yep it was a lot of pinheads today probably because of the fixed voice lines. With the build i described and similar ones, like undying, haunted, obviously franklin demise, Dead man or pop and BBQ instead of haunted and undying.

But all of them used Dead man Switch and It worked really well for them cause it won't allow me or my team to finish anything. With chains almost always up you have to let go the gen or if hes coming directly to you.

So there really was nothing we could about that. And honestly the teams i got weren't bad in my soloQ they could loop the killer a bit. the problem is that it was impossible to repair.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited January 2022

If you see a Pinhead running Franklin's, absent like 4 medkits or something, that's a baby Pinhead.

Franklin's was quietly adjusted so that, if he gets the box via Franklin's, it respawns almost instantly (rather than the standard 30 seconds). Be ready to go and grab it, and he'll have wasted time.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Then don't play soloQ.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Don't forget before that they DID make the person holding the Box became immune to the chains but it also paused the chain hunt. People abused it by holding the box hostage

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I'm not sure if people know this, but on console you CAN'T change the button mapping for only chains. You can change the button, but it also changes the interact button with it. And most people don't have the means of changing with other methods.

So console players just have to wait till behavior decides to split those interactions.

• StarLost

Are you sure, Raineh? As far as I know, it's 30 seconds for a legit down or a pickup, and 10 with Franklins. I could be wrong though.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Well, seeing as the wiki is official, I'm pretty sure the information put onto it is likely correct.

Not entirely sure what the latter two are.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881
    edited January 2022

Just because the logical and realistic thing of 4 randoms not being coordinated doesn't mean he needs to be disabled. As for "he isn't fun to play against" this game wasn't really built around having fun 100% of the time as it's a pvp game.

Imagine you're playing Apex Legends and you have the most un-synergized team and using the worst guns. Then you come across the 3 most synergized characters using the best guns. Should you really be having fun when you're at the disadvantage?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

The chain hunt while holding the box is intended to stop survivors from taking it hostage. There is a time window after picking it up to solve without interruption.

If your playing solo like myself, the only option for the box is to take full responsibility and treat teammates as though they will stay on gens.

• StarLost

I'll test that next time I go back to Pinhead. I remember Otz talking about this a bit back, so either something has been quietly changed somewhere, or I'm totally mistaken. It definitely feels like 30 seconds, unless I'm running Chatter.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Playing against Pinhead means you have to put down your item (and your reason to survive the trial) and the chains will stop you from solving the box.

If Ruin is active then those interrupting chains will cost you progress on generators and make it difficult to heal your teammates.

Now you may see that and think of a response. A tactical way to play. That's fine.

Tell that to Joe random. What's his motivation to do that? Pinhead wins.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Vaults/pallets are an action so you can map a different button than your interactions which are chains/gens/healing. I'm on ps4 and I don't have a problem with the chains preventing me from dropping pallets/vaulting because I set my action button and interaction button to be different.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Because said random probably isn't playing the game to lose.

"My motivation to win is the item I have" is a really dumb reason to criticise Pinhead. That's on the Survivors in question having stupid priorities in a game. Like, the motivation to win in a game, is winning?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

You have to remember for that casual player that wants to win, there's no tutorial. They loaded into the match with an item they picked out, and all they heard at the start of the match is a chime and see a box. They may not even put two and two together and recognize that it's Pinhead's power. It might just be a map feature. They dunno.

Are you going to put down your item for some random item in the trial that you don't know what it does? No. You're gonna hold on to your medkit. You need that to heal.

Alternatively, my teammate wants to win, he'll go get the box. I need to do this glyph challenge. There's an envelope over there. That guy is hooked. This gen needs to be pushed. I'm scared because the video game played an auditory noise. A corpse fell out of a locker and now I'm frazzled for the next three minutes.

I have chains on me. What does that mean? Etc.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,267

I still havent gone against a single pinhead. I have to play himself to hear the voicelines.

PInhead is not a strong killer and should not be nerfed because of SoloQ issues. He's mostly just an M1 killer and with good loops well theres poop you can do. His chain attack is not the easiest to use if survivors know how to move side to side and not just hold W

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

This sort of thing is why no one takes forums balance suggestions seriously.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I do agree that they should fix whatever is wrong with him as far as bugs. I actually did not know that you arenโ€™t suppose to get chains on you while solving the box (I hadnโ€™t play him since the voice lines got taken out).

As far as coordinating in solo, for me what I have found is that solo queue survivors (not all) just arenโ€™t as efficient anyway. So you might as well go get it yourself, and especially if you want to get chased.

I donโ€™t think any of the things you listed warrant disabling him completely. You can still beat him, but the reality is that in solo queue things are harder because you depend on the other players to do their part. Generally It doesnโ€™t matter what killer it is.

• the_honey_badger
    the_honey_badger Member Posts: 111

You seriously think pinhead needs to be disabled? And you're better going against a nurse or blight? Now i know you're trolling, sure man ๐Ÿคฃ

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    edited January 2022

why is DH not disabled since it does not work as intended ?

also:

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I hate to say this to you but it's not that hard to Solve the box and not get punished for it. As for putting the item down and giving up the reason for surviving the trial......really....I gave up purple Medkits, tool boxes, and flashlights to solve the box and still got them back......and escaped.

Pinhead is like all the other Killers people say are unfun/broken/OP.....players need to learn how the Killer works because the classic hold W meta doesn't work on all Killers.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

Before Pinhead there would be other stuff that could be disabled. So, no.

Also for SoloQ - you can see the box, you see the color change to yellow and the chains around your portrait - you know when chainhunt is going to start.

You see when PH is chasing someone, you see when someone goes down - you see when they get picked up -> then you can do the box pretty safely. Also stand under a pallet or next to walls while solving it.

• BenSanderson55
    edited January 2022

Same could be said for all the crying in his defense, lol

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

He's not broken, solo queue is. Any console survivor that isn't new should have their buttons rebinded. Any survivor that isn't new should know how to play against Pinhead. The only way to fix this is not play solo queue. Even with basic communication you can't make "inexperienced" players play efficiently. Maybe it might help a little but really the only way to not have awful matches is to pick who you play with, since SBMM doesn't seem very reliable.

• StarLost

Mm. It's been the case for a while that the chain prompt is also the prompt for vaulting pallets.

• PapiKingley
    PapiKingley Member Posts: 46

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ hey ben remember me I was that pinhead from yesterday ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ and hello mandy ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

None of these are reasons to disable the killer and his chains attacking while solving IS fixed. It runs on sets of 3, and in between there is a pause. Before, even if you started solving in the pause, the next wave would spawn. Now they do not.

• PapiKingley
    PapiKingley Member Posts: 46

The worst part about this whole thing is he killed himself on first hook durijg that game

• NemeanXIII
    NemeanXIII Member Posts: 286

Once again survivors refuse to adapt to something new they have the box it literally disables his chain hunt unless it's already begun.In which case you who are complaining should be going for the box.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I think there's confusion when it comes to difference between actions and interactions since default buttons are the same button. It's why there's complaints about people dropping pallets when trying to heal, or vice versa, and now the issue with chains and vaults/pallet drops. I think alot don't realize vaults/pallet drops are considered an action while chains are considered an interaction so you can manually change the mapping of the buttons to have them be different. On ps4 I changed my input binding awhile ago - have interactions as default R1 while actions I changed to circle so I've never had an issue with chains/vaults being same button.

I think making them default different buttons on controller would help alot with this - players used to the buttons will get thrown off at first if change went through but it would help future players not get used to same button for all. Could also have a pop up of some sort list what the actions or interactions are when putting curser on them so players can see what things apply to them and see they can have different buttons set.

This discussion has been closed.