Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Xbox controller prompts displayed when using a Switch Pro controller [Steam]

Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,710
edited January 2022 in Bug Reporting

I noticed there was a bug fix for DualShock controller on Steam regarding this and I got the XBox controller prompts as well, while playing with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller.

the buttons x/y and a/b are reversed and the RB/LB and RT/LT button prompts are now R/L and RT/LT

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• joeybizzle420
    joeybizzle420 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

Same thing happening to me, just started after the new update. Switch Pro controller showing Xbox controls while playing on PC through Steam

• mattachine
    mattachine Member Posts: 3

This is still happening with the Switch Pro Controller. The game used to show the correct prompts, but now A/B and X/Y are swapped. This can be very confusing when one means "ok" and the other means "cancel". Notably this can lead to accidental purchases or spending the wrong in-game currency.

• Mooks
    edited August 2022

Just updating to inform that this bug is now resolved I guess! Finally!

edit: nvm back again to default prompts with switched buttons. Without changing a thing

Post edited by Mooks on
  • Mooks

Sorry for jumping but still happening and still very problematic when the display prompt shows the wrong button

• james5272
    james5272 Member Posts: 6

When I connect my PS4 controller and launch the game, I get Sony icons.

When I use my PS5 controller, it uses Xbox icons.