The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nothing pleases you killer mains does it?

Like c’mon, seriously? People are asking for Boil Over to be nerfed already and even kill switched. Let’s see, Circle Of Healing got nerfed from the PTB version and killers still cried about it, It’s now getting nerfed AGAIN and people still aren’t happy with the upcoming changes to it, The bone chill event was claimed to be a “survivor sided” event so claimed by SOME killer mains, and dead hard is arguably complained about more than COH and DS on a daily basis. I just don’t get it… You guys claim you’re “tired of the meta” yet when something gets changed to shake the meta up it gets called for nerfs.

Comments

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I understand what you’re saying. And it’s true, the perk will probably die in a week, but if that’s the case why are a lot of people taking it so serious?

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Sweeping generalizations....again. I am someone who plays both sides but play a little more killer so that's enough for me to consider myself a killer main. I like the boil over buff regardless.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Because people will complain about every single change, no matter what the change is. I played vs someone with Boil Over earlier and yeah the extra push it gives you is a bit weird, but at the same time, old Boil Over was pretty much useless. I feel like adding the extra wiggle progression for falling down is an instant wiggle off though, so it'll bring abuse from people going upstairs in buildings/houses on purpose to get downed there so the killer gets stuck in every door way and then drops them when they jump down a balcony. I feel like they'll reduce the percentage of bonus wiggle progression. But at the same time, lot of people are using it to try it out and to play around with it a bit and then they'll forget it exists.. like Lucky Break when it got its boost.. Lots of people played it at first, then a week later no one used it anymore.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

True it will probably be gone in a week and only Pop up in dedicated bully Squads (wich is bad enough) but that also means a week where playing killer is less fun again and that combined with an event kinda sucks. I wanted to start playing a bit more dbd with the event but then the good old download from hell hit me with a crit again (I always forget about it) and while I'm updating I read about all the boil over ######### wich is extra mean when the survs bring maps so they have the perfect map to stall as long as they wish. I just decide the event isn't worth the stress and dowloadet that starwars game I got from teich prime ( really good by the way)

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited January 2022

You don't see lucky break because it takes at least 2 braincells to get something out of it. Better off to use half a brain cell and just stick with ez second chances.

I went up against a team using lucky break and it was one of the most frustrating games i have had in a while.

Same with breakout. That perk is broken when a swf uses it, but again it takes 2 braincells to use it so nobody does.

• nijik_ajies
    nijik_ajies Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2022

Well it's not very fun when they run boil over/flip flop/tenacity and then run up to some stupid building where you just have to slug them and walk away because they can break out in 5 seconds.

This guy gets it. It gets sickening seeing people who only play one side then ######### at the other for judging Bhvr's horrible balance decisions.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Uhh... yes, an event in which a Survivor can extend any chase by leaping into a free health state was 100% Survivor Sided.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

nothing pleases anyone in this community and you all act like children over a video game

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

everyone label anything as stupid ######### like "killer main" is always trash and not worth reading/caring about, just leave.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited January 2022

Do you ever play Killer? Because by the sounds of it you don't.

Boil Over is such a clear bully squad perk that people don't want to face it and is why they are asking for nerfs. Go face such a squad and see how fun and enjoyable it is. It promotes and creates situations where the only option for the killer is to slug them instead of hooking them, which by all means isn't seen by many as a positive change. Overall it won't do much by most peoples account to the actual meta.

Circle of Healing did not change the meta it was a positive and extremely strong addition to it. Consider of the 16 perks survivors bring a total of 1 of them changed... a real shift in meta? Anyone that claims that it changed the meta is just wrong, it just gave the meta a boost. It also creates the need for killers to commit to chases, downs, etc. meaning more tunneling and camping as a result; hit and run isn't as viable anymore as a clear example. It makes resetting for survivors significantly easier and removes tons of pressure that killers built up and places it on them instead. The 25% nerf is cool and all, but it doesn't really change much of what makes it so powerful the what 4 seconds extra healing isn't that big of a deal.

Dead Hard is by all means most powerful perk survivors have, it is a general consensus to assume everyone runs it and often enough is the case. It has been the staple exhaustion perk for a very long time and with validation now is simply the best and strongest one. Even Sprint Burst which is a very strong perk is not even remotely present in comparison... guess why people complain about it?

DS is a bit to strong in the end-game but overall it isn't complained about because while it is strong, it sits in a pretty good place now.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Believe it or not, there can be more than 1 thing that needs a nerf

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Are you seriously saying that the 2 nerfs CoH got made it a balanced Perk? What are you taking and where can I get some of that

• fulltonon

Definitely not, You'll know he isn't sane just by reading that title.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I haven’t called for Boil Over to be nerfed. The only thing I’ve said is that the stagger is gives is wild! 😯 I lost a carry or two just from not being able to get around an obstacle or through a doorway.

As far as the height thing, it hasn’t made a difference so far in my matches. The stagger did but not the dropping from a height. However there are apparently some specific maps like RPD which have potentially broken hook spawns where it can be literally impossible to hook without a drop. I don’t think that means Boil Over itself needs a nerf per se, but rather that those specific maps should have additional hooks placed in the problem tiles.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

Welcome to the killer dominated forums.

I am sorry because I wish I had good news. However the devs have been tripping over themselves to keep killers happy since release (serious).

Just think about it, all their marketing goes into the latest greatest killers. Survivors are ALWAYS just a reskinned footnote nowadays. That's just one point, I could easily give you a mini essay on how much easier kills is now, compared to release.

The devs have created an ENTIRE culture of whining killers. These whining killers (subconsciously even) KNOW if they complain enough they get what they want.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I’ve been playing killer and boil over is not a big problem as people are making it out to be.

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479

Guys.... often people call out some elements of the game sayng they are OP when they are not.

BO is not OP.

BO is ######### because it is completely unfun.

It is not fun being forced to down a surv and wait him to die bleeding out.

Other things are not balanced or fun, this is not a valid excuse for have this abused mechanic so present in our current games.

• Kav
    Kav Member Posts: 37

Just play killer.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Killers get buffs and nerfs just like survivors. Whining, hopefully, doesn't affect developers decisions. Instead, I'd like to believe they are basing their decisions off of numbers using the MMR system.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I'm very much a killer main and I don't think that Boil Over is OP, it is however very annoying. It's the sort of perk that makes you tilt immediately if used to escape from a killers grasp on the way to a hook. Now a single hook does not make or break a match, but being put in a situation where you are punished for completing your objective because they've positioned themselves in such a way where they cannot be hooked feels so bad.

• fulltonon

Yeah, it's just that 99% of survivors has 0 digit brain and tend to perform extremely bad even with all those OP perks.

• Mileena_Kahn
    edited January 2022

Because they’re not wrong. Killers literally whine and moan constantly more than survivors now a days. I’ll list a few to give you an example.

They cried about:

-Circle of Healing (Still whined about)

-Bone Chill Event

-DS

-SWF (this will never go away)

-Maps

-Iron Will

-Boil Over

-Gen Speeds

-Healing

You get the idea… I’m not saying that nothing is ever complained about or changed on the killer side but at most, the only nerfs killers get are a few add-ons and that’s about it. The only major nerfs killers get are when the killer is completely reworked and gutted such as Freddy, And Deathslinger, but you guys still have facecamping bubbas, Blights that exploit, Nurse, and a lot of other killers that haven’t been touched in a long time. But that’s okay?

• Mileena_Kahn

Fun Fact: Everyone who thinks or assumes I don’t play killer or never have are actually wrong. I’ve been around DBD since 2018 and I used to ONLY play killer. I play 90% of survivor now because I find killer so boring. Still, it doesn’t take rocket science to know that killers are never happy when it comes to survivor changes. It’s like when mom and dad get their son a new toy and the brother gets mad and jealous and throws a fit that they got a toy despite them having dozens of nice toys already.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Nothing pleases any side no matter what gets added into the game that ends up being good one side is gonna complain about it. Ruin, Undying, and Tinker as an example for Survivors DS, Unbreackable, and BT examples for killer.

• Mileena_Kahn

It honestly doesn’t matter if I don’t play killer anymore nowadays. The point of the thread is not to “Troll” I’m just stating the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts. One side will always complain more and one side will never be happy. Just like I said earlier it’s as if mom and dad bought a new toy for their son but their brother is throwing a fit and crying about it even though he has plenty of toys.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

This happens for 4 years now. You will get used to it.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Let's see, one at a time.

1. Boil Over is able to be used to create what are effectively hook dead zones, leaving the killer no choice but to bleed the survivors out because hooking is impossible.

2. CoH is complained about because it bestows an infinite medkit while also increasing the healing speed of normal medkits, while having little counterplay besides "snuff it" which is easier said than done when it can take 15 secomds just to *reach* certain totems

3. The nerfs to CoH never address the issues people had with it. They only decrease the range by a measly 4m, and now they slowed heals by 1-2 seconds. It'd be like nerfing NOED by decreasing the speed boost by 1%; not only does it miss the point, it's borderline insulting.

4. The event was complained about because killers essentially didn't have an event. Snowmen were for survivors to goof around with, leaving the killer no choice but to play the game as usual. In that, yes, the snowmen could be used by the survivors against the killer.

5. The meta is stale because the perks we have that are meta range from stupidly strong (ex: Dead Hard) to absolutely necessities (BT). It shouldn't be this way, so yes it complained about, but changing this requires base game changes and nerfing some of the top perks.

• fulltonon

Nor you, better not to speak for playerbase when you are just ######### one person, which is pathetic btw.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

Yeah, any time a team has Circle of Healing it removes any pressure the killer has. They get old self-care again, and if they have a team they can heal almost as fast as you can hit someone. Outside of instant down effects there's not a lot you can do about it. The boon's radius is so large that they don't have to be anywhere near it to benefit, which leads to it working through walls and the like. The survivors will tend to boon in the most advantageous positions (something that a killer with hex perks doesn't get) and if you snuff it, they can reset very quickly somewhere else (another thing killers don't get), and each second of your time spent snuffing boons is four seconds the survivors get for free.

• fulltonon

Don't forget to Kudos Xstormy guy for making things worse.

• Gaala
    Gaala Member Posts: 51

Problem is the costant complain. Boil Over is just the new one.

Is Boil Over any good? No. Can be abusable? Yes. Simple solution : adding hook on the place that are abusable (top library RPD, for example) to remove those abuse. Nothing hard, nothing "gamebreaking change", no need to nerf. Nothing. Just, one more hook. They did it some time ago on top of Thompson House (to prevent this exact problem), they can do it even now.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Basing decisions based on their MMR is still à bad way to go in the end

• Zozzy

Is this from the perspective of a blight main or low mmr? because one hook can very much determine the outcome of the game with good survivors.

• Decagn
    Decagn Member Posts: 18

Just an example that I've tested a bit against people, No Mither + Soul Guard + Boil Over. Super frustrating for killers when you can run to a place that the killer can't hook you from because of boil over, and then you can get up again and loop them for a bit to get downed in that same spot, how is that not unfair?? not every map has this problem, but it's a bit silly that it's so easy to abuse.

I like that they gave attention to boil over, but I think they should rethink what they want to do with it, I saw someone mention an idea such as when the killer drops the survivor that has boil over, the wiggle progression gets increased +25% or something, which I think would be more fair.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

I think the wiggle progress should be awarded upon protection hits instead.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Yup. Boon totems as a whole need a huge nerf. A 60-80 second cooldown on blessing or the totem breaks when the killer snuffs it. The 25% nerf on healing speed shows the devs are clueless on the problems.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

As a killer main myself, don't chase them. Or better yet, just slug them and move on. Defending gens should be the killer's focus. It earns more kills than chasing a troll up a flight of stairs. There's also been a build identified to combat boil over, and it even worked against cheaters. Check out SpookyLoopz on YouTube if you don't know what I mean.

• konchok

One hook only makes the difference if the game is super close. What does low MMR have to do with anything. If you tell me your exact MMR number, I'll tell you mine. G. Zues, almighty.

• Zozzy

It's quite simple. Low mmr = survivors that don't understand what a loop is and haven't figured out that you can look behind you to see what the killer is doing.

If you are getting mostly multi thousand hour swf squads that are stupidly difficult to mindgame and body block fgor each other when needed, then you are at least at the 2000 soft cap.

• konchok
    edited January 2022

Here's a bit of advice from one person to another. Being able to loop is just being able to play the game. If you get a certain number of hours you can get to the point where when getting chased you're going to head to a window or pallet. And the number of hours doesn't make someone better, but it does mean that they understand the basics. Let's take chess for an example. A grandmaster wouldn't say that he knows he is good at chess because the people that he plays against have been playing chess for thousands of hours. He knows he's good because regardless of who he plays he wins. Especially when there is a cap. If you are telling me that you know you've hit cap because the individuals that you're versing are strong, that doesn't sound to me like you hit the soft cap, it sounds like you've hit your personal skill cap.

Editted to rephrase my thoughts.

Post edited by konchok on
  • Zozzy

Yes and no. They made it very clear that even people with 5k mmr will be put against people with 2k mmr because that is what the soft cap is for. It is just a big pool of players to allow them to get games.

They implemented this after dowsey couldn't get a game for hours on his twins during one of the mmr tests because he was so high.

They said this in the dev q and a if you bothered to watch it.