The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Complete 5.5.0 Patch Feedback

Blazelski
Blazelski Member Posts: 351
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

General Changes

• The hit validation fix has been awesome. I've not noticed a single bad feedback hit since the patch went live. A very feel good change.
  • The toggle function and Run To Cancel options have been life changing for me as someone with RSI in my hands. Thank you so much! However, this option probably shouldn't apply to unhooking because it's quite cumbersome when faced with facecamping.
  • The wiggle mechanic is amazing as well, actually allowing me to wiggle without destroying my hands.
  • The Lurking Stripes event has been great in terms of bloodpoints, slowing down survivors at the start, and not being disruptive to normal play, while not requiring extensive grinding to earn cosmetics. The best version of this event so far. The only way to make it better would be if you could earn 4 actually cool cosmetics, rather than 10 recolors/charms.
  • The Cenobite voice features are obviously beloved and actually help balance him out some (you can tell where he is when teleporting now, which was needed and intended).

Add-On Changes

• I've had fun with the Adrenaline Vial in the past, but mostly as a kind of meme add-on, I'm stoked that it is better now and actually competes with other add-ons.
  • Nerfing the Clown's pinky finger was necessary and good, but nerfing the Flash of Bleach is mysterious and unnecessary. His other add-ons just need to compete more.
  • Pig's Last Will is now actually useable, so thanks for that, though it could probably be even better without being broken.
  • Unfortunately all of the Twins changes are bad. The buffed add-on triggers on an event that almost never happens anyway, and the rest is uncalled for (the best Twins players in the world didn't deserve these nerfs). Ultimately, this killer is in need of a severe rework because they only win through slugging and it's extremely unfun and uninteractive for both sides.
  • Nemesis add-on changes were also misguided. The Badge might be a decent add-on if it also made tentacle hits into instant downs. Marvin's Blood probably should be nerfed, but only with a basekit increase to tiering speeds. Mikhail's Eye nerf was unnecessary and again these add-ons just need better competetion.
  • Huntress' Wooden Fox buff is actually kind of fun, but should trigger at the end of the reloading animation, not the start.
  • Oni's Iridescent Family Crest would be better if it either triggered on a successful hit, or was 36 meters.

Perk Changes

• Boil Over and Power Struggle are both fantastic changes imo. However, Boil Over shouldn't trigger from a very small fall and should maybe trigger only once per carrying event. That said, reducing the wiggle progression to 15% or 10% as some people suggest would make the perk useless again. Don't do that please. Also, adding a hook in RPD library is necessary.
  • The changes to Distortion, Buckle Up, and Wake Up are all extremely insufficient. Distortion still can't counter Nurse's Calling, Buckle Up's problem was that its effect doesn't trigger often and is useless most of the times it does, and Wake Up's buff is literally one second on an endgame objective that you might not even touch.
  • Gearhead's change is pretty great, but there should probably be a sound notification when it triggers. I haven't played with Dead Man's Switch enough to have an opinion on it. Remember Me, Coup De Grace, and Furtive Chase changes are also all very insufficient. Remember me is mostly bad for the same reasons Wake Up is bad. The Coup De Grace buff honestly doesn't even feel noticeable. Furtive Chase requires a lot of effort to accomplish something almost useless and usually only by the end of the game.

Thank you for reading!

Post edited by Blazelski on

Comments

• Decagn
    Decagn Member Posts: 18

You have very good thoughts on it, I would only argue with boil over since I feel there's too many places in different maps (not all maps) where you can go down in an area and the killer can never hook you from that spot, which is pretty unfair. I've tested it with No Mither + Soul Guard as well and with them as well, the killer can literally do nothing to kill you, except maybe kill all the other survivors and then you die to end game collapse?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

What I find funny is the developers buffed Boil Over and will obviously have to put hooks in certain places so it isn't abused, making Boil Over completely useless again. The only time you can successfully use Boil Over is if you abuse it. It will end up just being a big waste of developers time, which could have been spent buffing a different perk to usability instead of abusability.