Blight, blight, blight and another blight.

Options

Comments

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    Options

Blight need nerf!!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Survivors have queues between 10 and 15 minutes during prime time, but you think there are enough people playing killer?

Thats a bold statement.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 549
    Options

It's very funny because the majority of spirit players would use the stand still mind game, which is why people dropped her because you actually need to be good with her. Same thing with Freddy before his add-ons, Undying, and Bt got changed. A lot of people played Freddy because he got the most amount of value for the least amount of effort, of course once they changed him people dropped him because he could no longer counter BT, he could no rely on his old swing chains anymore, and you couldn't just spam the snares mindlessly.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

It depends on time of the day. I usually have 1min queue time as survivor

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

As i said, you won´t have a short queue during prime time. Only in the morning, when other people work/study.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

people don't want to play killer much if not at all,at some point survivors Q will be tooo long and game will die.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2022
    Options

LOL, "Nurse is best-designed and best-balanced killer"! These forums are so ridiculously killer-sided, that they're a parody of themselves.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options
  • SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Skill issue. You should watch and learn from better survivors.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited January 2022
    Options

The more you win, the more you play against killers who win. As it turns out, it's only the same killers that win as you, yourself, win too much.

Not just that, Blight does something very few killers in this meta do: He can catch you Shift+Wing, which means that only a good player is getting away from you if you're competent. He applies map pressure, and synergizes well with perks that manage gens. And lastly, his power can often be useful to outplay people in loops, and that is everything in this game outside of map pressure.

All and all, he's not overpowered, he's simply a strong killer that everyone wants nerfed because all they see is Blight's and they're tired of him. Fact is you're only ever going to always see one killer more often than the others if you're not at lower MMR, and the rare time you do see a killer you rarely ever see, you're probably in for an easy game (or one that is camp into end game NOED into 2 kills, like a Bubba)

Perhaps what makes Blight so appealing and strong is something that all killers should be designed to have, because in my opinion this killer highlights the major flaws this game has and the majority of the killer pool have. Though, at the end of the day most killers are all viable for most of the playerbase.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

Yeah I am pretty sick to death of seeing Blights too, I don't even see Nurse very often any more either. Just Blight... over and over

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

He's not a "monster" to the devs the twins are the monsters 😒

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    edited January 2022
    Options

People aren't playing nurse as much atm because when they re-did the code to make her smoother and have less bugs - there's still a couple of issues that need to be ironed out, mainly surrounding the 2nd blink bug which I imagine will be fixed in a hotfix. Potentially tomorrow

On the topic of Blight, can I just pose a question to my fellow thread goers

Is Blight really as hard to play as everyone says he is?

Because from my experience playing him as well as seeing other people play him, he doesn't seem that hard at all. His power's hurtbox feels extremely generous and couple that with movement speed addons, a survivors time to react is severely hindered

Also the issue of perk variety - As much as facing a good nurse is frustrating at least Nurse players don't all run the same 4/5 perks. Many do, but you'll also see Nurses running off-meta, fun or otherwise perks as well.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

Well I am the first to admit that I am far better at countering Nurse because I main her (though I don't play killer at all at present as not enjoying it). But you are right in that pretty much every Blight runs the same build, same addons and plays in the same sweaty way.

I get why people want to play a strong killer like Blight as getting stomped playing weaker killers gets old fast. But I find myself audibly groaning when I see the killer is Blight...

• Brokenbones
    Options

Ruin Pop Corrupt Tinkerer

Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer

Ruin Pop Undying Corrupt

Ruin Pop Pain Resonance Corrupt

As much as I don't really like Lilithomen's content (Nothing to do with him, I just find watching Blight boring), at least he basically only plays with shadowborn most of the time, I can respect the hell out of it.

• SuzuKR
    Options

His difficulty is like Nurse’s. High skill floor in learning when/how to use the power well and its intricacies. But the ceiling comes from facing very good survivors that know how to play against the power, and how to adapt to bad maps/different survivor playstyles.

• Brokenbones
    Options

I don't really agree that he's similiar to Nurse though because Nurse has no option other than using her power

Blight can have his cake and eat it, he can chase normally and use a pretty strong and sometimes oppressive power. I think that's one of the things that bothers me about him but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Some ppl think blight should be 110% or smth but I don't know if that's the best solution either

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited January 2022
    Options

I just had a Blight. Crazy angles, try that on console!

(Besides that, i really enjoy versing him)

• SuzuKR
    Options

Chasing normally is a massive downside on strong tiles.

• Brokenbones
    Options

It's still an option though. Blight players would certainly feel it if he was slower and had to only use his power 90% of the time

If a nurse can't catch somebody using blinks, they can't just use their 115% to catch you

I don't think it's quite the same.

• SuzuKR
    edited January 2022
    Options

Nurse can go through walls, Blight can’t. Making him 110% would be a major nerf for loops that don’t work well with his power at all.

• Brokenbones
    Options

Blight can flick around several sharp corners and hit survivors at ridiculous angles

He also has addons that make him move so fast the window to react is severely limited. Yes, Nurse can go through walls but she always moves at the same speed

• SuzuKR
    Options

If he flicks/hugs around objects, peeling off counters that. It’s about making the better mindgame read.

• Brokenbones
    edited January 2022
    Options

My point isn't that it's uncounterable. Wasn't insinuating that

My overall point is that Blight and Nurse are not as similar as you said.

Blight has a strong power with a lot of utility, room for error/correction as well as all the little techs and such. There's also frustrations facing Blight because his base power is strong so when you throw in addons that completely throw off how to play against it (movement speed addons for example), it's frustrating and hard to react to.

He can also just chase normally, he has all the benefits of an extremely strong power AND all the benefits of being a 115% movement speed killer with no downsides

Meanwhile, Nurse has a power that she relies on 90% of the time, has little room for error most of the time and when you go against it - it's consistant. She doesn't have addons that make her move faster in Blink or appear faster (not anymore at least). She also cannot chase normally except under extremely niche or rare circumstances.

In short, skill ceiling wise you could argue similarities but in terms of how they work and what it takes to learn them - I think they are quite far apart.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

Blight is basically the only fun and strong killer in the game right now. Nurse is fun when you don't get a bug every 30 seconds which is basically never, while others like Hag, Twins and Spirit are either boring or feel clunky to play. Maybe we should focus on making the other 25 killers fun and strong as well instead of nerfing Blight.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

All killers can reach the match making MMR max. Its just players that played killers too this point stopped playing them. High MMR is not that high of a threshold where only a few killers can reach.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Well, you always see dh and no killer asks for buffing other perks, only to nerf dh. So... nerf blight

• SuzuKR
    edited January 2022
    Options

Being a regular M1 115% without anti-loop in chase is significantly weak against better players in chase because strong tiles absolutely maul them. Certain tile setups are an auto lost chase for a regular M1 like that. It’s literally not chasable in a worthwhile time against very good survivors, so that’s an immediate force dropped chase. That is why every killer should have anti-loop. Ideally, it would be more interactive than “M2 for guaranteed hit at pallet or vault”, but it’s better than nothing. If anything, it should be considered a baseline minimum for non-ranged killers that aren’t Nurse. There are loops that are still infinites versus 110s in this game.

• Brokenbones
    Options

I don't think chasing normally is as weak as you're putting across personally but that's neither here nor there

Like I said in a previous post, I don't think neutering his 115% is the right idea but I do find it frustrating at times.

Thank you for your time and discussion, I'm not sure I have much more to add.

• SuzuKR
    Options

You as well. I think personally, only Alchemist Ring and the revival of the lag flick exploit are his current issues. People unfortunately found a new way to lag flick after the old method was patched.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,347
    Options

Skill issue. Watch some good blights to learn how to use his power at almost all tiles.

• Brokenbones
    Options

Yeah I'm in complete agreeance with you there

The people who use stuff like lag flicks give Blight players/mains a bad name. It sucks

• SuzuKR
    Options

There are some tiles that do not function well with his power, and bump logic depends on having usable things around you. His power is not well-applicable on every single part of the map for that reason, and it is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest to pin that as a "skill issue". He can use his power on the majority of tiles on a given map. That is not all of them for any map and any generation possible.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Got another 4 today and one pig doing the tome challenges.

• xRam40I9
    xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55
    Options
  • fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It IS weak, if anything it's not even "chasing" in most situation... it's just using time to break palettes.

Like just a palette with 2 rocks are pretty much impossible to hit survivors unless they are potato, power can fix it but power of the blight is also weakest against it, if anything it's worse than m1 depends on situation.

Blight's power without using it for mindgame is pretty much just a movement ability, which won't be "strong power" at all.

And he doesn't have "room for error" most of times, just a missed rush and you are far far away against usual survivors.

His addon doesn't really change what he can do and what you can do against it most of the time, even the alchemist ring doesn't change that.

So no, they are pretty similar, because "If you are better than him, you will win and if he is better than you, he will win".

Forcing him to "chase normally" is pretty much guaranteed win as no good survivor will struggle in chasing against powerless M1 killer.

Oh and nurse HAS addons that makes she move faster in blink AND appear faster (because both is pretty much same thing), and she doesn't need to chase normally simply because her power is balanced around it (unlike blight, which is clearly balanced with 4.6m speed).

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

I wish i was getting the games you're getting.. lollllllllllllll

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

i love blight but i do wish there was more killer variety. maybe the legion and ghostface changes will affect that?

please?

• fulltonon
    Options

I doubt it, how can BHVR make a good killer that can compete against high MMR survivors.

• Brokenbones
    edited February 2022
    Options

Unfortunately video evidence won't change how playing a character subjectively feels to me, that is why I posted the question in the first place to get the opinions of other people. Maybe I feel like Blight is easy, for one reason or another.

There's nothing stopping me from just playing Blight over and over with the strongest stuff until I 4k decisively and then posting that as some epic rebuttal to your post but that's silly and has nothing to do with what I asked

Do you think Blight is easy to play and not as hard as people say? Please, give me your thoughts if you have the time of course.

A movement ability that you can land hits with very consistantly. Blight has room for error and correction because he has multiple tokens; he can continually bounce on surfaces and wait for survivors to move or if he misses, he can correct that with the use of only one token. Nurse has only 2 blinks which makes the room for error much shorter compared to Blight

As for your comment about the Addons, which ones are you referring to then? Because as far as I know those addons were all removed when she got 'reworked' to have a blink token system.

The purple distance addon? Is that the one that supposedly allows her to move faster/appear faster and such?

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960
    Options

So they don't want viability and instead make their game more of a boring slog than it is?

Then first of all why buy anymore dlc if they aren't worth a ######### same with alot of chapters due to the devs balance most chapters now are overpriced perk sets.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960
    Options

Welp that's what you get when the pallette swaps get jealous they can't do anything but push a button now.

Viability starts to wane and eventually its just going to be nurse and blight matches.

• xRam40I9
    xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55
    Options

I think blight is more like nurse, not in the difficulty category but in how you'd learn it.

Let's use a fighting game to describe it, you can know your opponent is about to grab you but if you don't know the proper way to respond on your reaction then you'll get stomped.

I think blights the same way, sure you can know what to do when and then the issue of execution comes in. Along with that, sometimes a survivor just does something you didn't even consider and it messes up the chain.

I believe he's hard to master, as in Learn every tech and way to play each tile. To start off he's not nearly as bad as nurse but with 2 people trying to perfect it blight has more to master imo.

Tldr: blight is easy to start and do ok with. However trying to get him down and really doing the more advanced things is what makes him hard.

• Brokenbones
    Options

That's a reasonable way of explaining it, you made some solid points. I'd like to say, thank you for your time

I think the fighting game comparison is a bit shaky but the overall logic behind it makes sense. There's def a lot to learn with Blight I'm not disagreeing there - it is a game of reactions, that's why I have a bit of a gripe with his movement speed addons as that reduces the window to make reactions, if that makes sense?

I sometimes think people overstate how hard he is to play, you said yourself he's easy to start and do okay with and maybe that's enough for a lot of people? Would a lot of Blight players still do well if they played perkless and had to rely purely on their knowledge and strength with the killers power? I'm not sure, I know I would struggle for sure.

I can't say it felt necessary for myself to learn the techs and such to do well with him, I just played him 'normally' which I think using Blight terminology is just bump logic right?

A lot of the techs are stuff were often said to be mainly about showing off or just for fun, not intergral to playing Blight well.

• fulltonon
    Options

I play both blight and nurse decent times and I'm 80% sure blight has much less room for errors than nurse tbh.

When you miss rush with blight, you will slide, miss objects, and get extremely farther away than survivors, even if you stop it with m1, you will suffer from not so fast stun animation.

When you miss a blink with nurse, just wait for a token to recharge and blink once or twice to get close, finish it up with double blink... did you just said nurse correcting her mistake with second blink? that's not how she works in 99% of situation.

You know while killers are moving survivors can move anywhere too? that's the reason why blight has 4.6 speed, since his M2 can be still countered by wall, palettes and windows just like normal killer, he just doesn't work without 4.6.

And yes, I meant the range addon, what it does on paper is one thing, but what it actually does is not, it effectively will increase blink speed, which means much more range to get guaranteed hit survivors can't dodge, and another thing is making her token much more potent, so she can traverse MUCH longer in same timeframe.

basically, since she uses her blink for pretty much all of the movement, increased range is pretty much equivalent to increased speed... of whopping 30%! (I heard her default blink is equivalent to 4.6 killer btw)

Oh also if you think lethal rush can get hit consistently, you probably don't know much about him (or god tier blight who hits lethal 80% of times), maybe try playing him for once or something?

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options