Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is RCPD the absolute worst map

N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

Is RCPD the absolute worst map 50 votes

Yes
48%
DimekBabyCameron10musstang62MrsGhostfaceRobotfangirl67Warcrafter4AlbinoVieraYatolCheeseAntonHex_LlamaBwstedvladspellbinderIdontknowtbhThr_ustN8dogNathan13thog1Amb104playhardTricksters_Wife 24 votes
No
52%
VolantConch1719RullisiTaigaGeneralVValikArchAbhordugmanFobboBrokenbonesNoOneKnowsNovaKajdanKiPSPTrickstaaaaaMastatoeBennett_They1ThemGRIG0FauldsMarc_123espookedSmoe 26 votes

Comments

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950
    Yes

It really needs to be divided into 2 maps. Such an atrocious map

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Yes

I love the map itself since re2 is one of my favorite games, but gameplay wise it’s the worst lol

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219
    No

I love this map as a survivor. Its a great one especially agaibst Pig which makes the game pretty hard.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Yes

We could have had the raccoon city streets but NOOOO...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    No

I don’t mind RPD as much as corn honestly. Right now RPD has the broken Boil Over spot, but aside from that most of the pallets in it are gameable I think. It’s just a little confusing getting around it sometimes.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    Yes

the experience is too frustrating for me, im spending more time trying to find my way than doing anything, i had a similar problem with Midwich but its not as bad as this map

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Yes

It’s absolutely massive, finding gens is a pain even if you know what you’re doing, pallets are either so useless they could not exist and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference or are so strong that they’re borderline god pallets. The map is so completely unbalanced and yet it’s such an awful experience for both sides that even bully squads will rarely choose it. The only killers that actually have fun on this map are wraith and stealth Myers.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    No

I hate swamp or preschool more as killer

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    No

Swamp and haddonfield

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    No

No, because the map i hate the most is gideon meat plant (as a killer). And, as a survivor, no map frightens me in particular.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
    Yes

RPD is way too big and hard to get around, it's a freaking maze.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Yes

The map is way too big and maze like, it's easy to get lost, totems are nearly impossible to find, and there are a couple infinites. This map is horrible.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530
    No

Stop the hate - was the same Hawkins...

If you play it a few times you get used to the layout.

• BafflingMoron
    BafflingMoron Member Posts: 7
    No

Nah it’s enjoyable as killer

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    edited February 2022
    No

The map is not as bad tbh for both sides. Because as killer you can get a nice 3, or even 4 gen set up. You can shut down the one half of the map. As survivor all you have to do is make sure to get one gen done on each side, and to complete the middle gen. And with that you can call it a wrap. For me haddonfield and the badham realm are my least favorite maps.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    No

that's true. the right side of the map (including the main room) and the left side (including the main room) would both be mediocre maps on their own.

also, it's a bit too complex and cluttered.

(for context, I said no because I don't think there's a worst map. If there was though, it'd be RCPD)

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
    Yes

Hawkins was nothing like RPD other than it being an indoor map.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    No

In terms of how fun the map is to play, it's def one of the worst

BUT

I will say one thing about RPD, once you learn it - it's one of the most static maps in the game. Barely anything changes about it, which you could argue is a point against it but for survivors/killers map RNG plays a big part in deciding who wins or loses. Once the few god pallets are gone, all RPD has is annoying long corridors, a god window and really weird generator spread.

Let me put it this way: The generator spread can either heavily favour survivors (only 1 gen in the center and the rest divided) or it can have 2 generators in the middle, giving the killer a huge advantage.

It's a bad map, there's no question in my mind about that but it's not the absolute worst map. I'm comfortable saying i would rather play on RPD than Fractured Cowshed or Haddonfield.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

It's not the best, but at least it has a creative spark. In my opinion, some of the oldest maps are the worst - by virtue of their lack of creativity.

I'd rather have 3 matches in a row on RPD than a single match in that 1 autohaven map that has no structures and just a shack in the middle. It's just drab, uninspired and boring.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845
    No

I'll take any in-door maps over outdoor maps any day.