Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

SWF forcing RPD to abuse boil over and hold match. Behaviour, we need a official statement

I entered a match where the 4 were abusing the boil over in the RPD, I didn't have to hook them because there was no hook nearby and they always escaped from my arms. If I left them on the floor, they'd be up with Boon in a matter of seconds. The match lasted a eternity until I gave up and left.

Is that reason to ban? They didn't want to play, just annoy and hold the game as long as possible. Frustrating and ridiculous.

Comments

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited February 2022

If you left the match prior to it's conclusion then yes that is a valid reason to get the disconnect penalty.

If they are playing in this manner just go look around the map and let them go about doing the generators. Once they are all done open one of the exit gates yourself and start the EGC.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i guess the "oh they'll just bleed out" argument is enough for them. not like no mither significantly increases that time lol.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

Well next time try to camp those guys , just down himbas soon as he stands up, try to hurt others who tries to help him and they are going to panic. Be creative

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited February 2022

Might be an unpopular statement, but even as a Solo survivor I d/c if I see an RPD offering because I know it will be a gong show. Either a Pig and I get to start with a trap on my head and no way to see the Jigsaw boxes, or else, the Killer will camp, and now- if I'm a fourth in an SWF a long drawn out game with Boil Over.

Ii If just happen to get the RPD map, I deal with it but if I see the offering I just nope on out.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited February 2022

Unless they're running Soul Bond so they get up and get an eight second head start every time they pick themselves up with the Boon

I suppose TECHNICALLY you can slowly kill them this way. Assuming none of them do gens ever so that once a hour of paper cutting the one survivor down they then all don't bodyblock their way right to the Exit.

I've stopped trying to be "creative" with this ish and just let them waste their own time while I chill elsewhere. They can bully themselves I guess while I watch TV.

It sucks because I'm sure we'd all rather actually play the damn game but I'd strongly encourage every killer to stop playing the bully Squads rigged game and let them waste their own time.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I just saw a video posted today of a squad doing no mither soul guard and boil over on RPD it was pretty brutal BHVR should at least nerf boil overs percentage thats probably the most aggravating thing I could imagine playing killer with a squad running that and clicking the whole time

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,530

You want a statement? From BHVR of all people?

They will either give you the silent approach, or some "working as intended" BS.

• Frodo_Tbaggins_
    Frodo_Tbaggins_ Applicant Posts: 20
    edited February 2022

I posted in another thread about this. I had a swf squad try this on me while I was doing a tome mission. I got my 2 hits and then went to the basement and talked to chat.

They spammed pallet vaults etc trying to get my attention. I just hung out they got so bored they did gens and opened the gate.

They come into the channel after and tell me thanks for a boring game. Rofl 🤣 sorry your bully attempt failed. No one, survivor or killer plays an RPD offering unless they want to troll, or are a huge RE fan.

Some killers like me, have 0 ***** givin. And sure enough after the match they all had boil over, boons, unbreakable lol. Fail.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

You should probably pray tHe dAtA gods.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

A good time to window out and get a cup of tea. Let them spam flashlight clicky and make pallet/gen noise on first floor to their hearts content.

• The_Krapper

I would but I don't want to name and shame due to it being talked about in a negative way, the video says this is why boil over is getting nerfed and says it's an experiment to see how it stalls the game

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Against these groups, it doesn't work.

They aren't there to win. They are there to grief.

They'll finish all the gens but the last ones, and then just sit up in the RPD library teabagging.

• The_Krapper

Most of the time they don't even do the gens they just run straight up there and survive until their bleedout finally gets them

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

They haven’t been silent about it, but have made statements to the effect of “we’re monitoring it to see if it’s a problem”. Just like everything else, it will take forever to be addressed if it is as all.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

if u see rpd offering you need to close the game.- thats the fix at the moment, if every killer do it then they will stop doing it cause they get no game meanwhile having to wait 5 minutes every game, you as killer wait 10 seconds because no one plays killer.

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

Bubba BUBBA BUBBA BUBBA BUBBA BUBBA. hook em, and give em Eskimo kisses till they dissappear to the spider queen

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I had a SWF spend over 45 minutes trying to bully me on RPD with boil over while I was tabbed out waiting for them to do gens. They legitimately spent 45 minutes trying so desperately to get my attention to bully me. It was some of the saddest ######### I've ever seen in an online game. Also why the hell are there SO many of these squads? I swear like 75% of games are bully squads who don't even try to win. Meanwhile my swf feels like one of the few that actually isn't toxic or BMs.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

They are acknowledging Boil over is a problem though, pretty weird I'd say.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

Not justifying it but can’t you just slug them. Even if they have unbreakable they can only do it once.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

More like 'take a break' or 'If you didn't kill or escape was it actually skill?'

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

BHVR not knowing what skill is does seem to ooze into basically everything about this game, eh?

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

There is a high chance that a totem is in range so they can use Exponential to revive endlessly, or use No Mither.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

My game would just mysteriously crash if it saw an RPD offering these days. Strange bug. Thankfully the devs don't give DC penalties for load screen disconnects.