Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This is just Childish

Comments

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

It's just a bully tool now and yet also another problem that causes killers to become very limited and needs a very restricted build.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Thompson House if the hook doesn't spawn?

Anyway, I still feel like people are reading way too much into it to decide it must be spiteful. Honestly, I keep forgetting Boil Over also hides nearby hook auras, so I can imagine that would trip people up regularly enough--no aura seen = no hook, back to the floor you go.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Nnnnnot really? If they fix the two abusable spots, it'll be something bully squads run, sure, but it'll also be a fairly decent perk for everyone else too.

Bully squads run all kinds of perks that aren't strictly only useful for them, after all.

• jesterkind

Maybe? We could litigate everywhere that the game arbitrarily decides is a completely safe killer-deadzone, but the abusable spots are the ones where hooks never spawn and there's nothing you can do about it.

Regarding your second point: If OP was just slugged, or dropped so the killer could look for a hook, or literally anything else, sure, I could see it being fair play, but dropping and standing there until they bleed out says to me that it was motivated by spite. It's a tremendously terrible tactical decision, and so it's the action of someone who wants to make a point or who's motivated by salt.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited February 2022

i think the bleed out timer needs to be reduced for this exact reason. It’s way too long, and abused.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

they need to take the 25% thing off make it like 5% or 10% or 7%

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Just had 2 no mither combo with soul guard on rpd as well.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

He was doing it to be a butt. The hooks are there in the back and the front.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Then why use it.....you obviously know the sour taste that it has put in people's mouths. You know that slugging has been a issue since the perk has changed.....but you put it on anyways because of "Just In case" most Killers now will just slug and bleed out if they even see Boil Over pop up on thier screen. That's why I stopped using it, one it's a very situational perk and two I was sick of getting slugged and my teammates being so stupid about "WE MUST ESCAPE SO WE CAN RAISE OUR MMR" they leave me for dead.

• NekoGamerX

they need to change this perk fast because it not great on either side.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited February 2022

from the video, I see that the blight tried to hook you but then couldn't find a hook because boil over hides hook aura's and your in a indoor map. The blight wasn't trying to be toxic, you mention the hook infront of him but it seems like he noticed too late and knew you weren't going to get hooked in time, while he slugged your team kept orbiting around him giving him no reasons to pick you up. You also make statements on game balance, but I hate to say this, but this video shows you and your team played poorly, not an issue with the current state of the balance (which there is).

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

We're straight up calling perks bully perks now lmao. And three perks that have been in the game for several years? Why play a game if you genuinely think the devs create "bully perks?"

• CyberDragoon656

Only when it's stops being one, as long as it can be used as one it will be labeled as such.

• CyberDragoon656

To a point it is however due to how the game is set up think about it.

Usual killer build

-bbq

-corrupt

-a slowdown perk such as pop or ruin

-a counter measure perk such as in boil over case iron grip

It can change slightly due to who the killer is but as more survivor perks get buffed or in coh's case nerfs that do nothing killer builds are starting to get more and more ridged causing variety to die slowly.

• jesterkind

I mean, I won't argue that perk diversity could use some serious revitalising right now, but that has basically nothing to do with Boil Over being only useful for bully squads.

• MrEnricks
    MrEnricks Member Posts: 20

You are using the cosmic power of the universe to try to convince people that he was in the wrong, when you are using a bad annoying perk with no use OTHER than to frustrate the killer. Its a lose lose situation, Either he trys to hook you but cant cause your using boil over, or he has to slug you and use a toxic strategy just to kill you.

• CyberDragoon656

Since the squads will pick spots or maps that benefit the plays, unless you have something like iron grasp or agitation the swaying motion+shadow buff from New wiggle + potentially other perks and add-ons accommodating it such as ub and adrenaline along with the hook spreading add on that's how it can useful to bully squads I never really said it was only useful to them but they seem to benefit the most from it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Given how nightmarish the perk is on console movement I expect more killer to do this until the perk is actually addressed.

Nothing toxic about it, killers just don't want to entertain the use of it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Both versions of red forest(Mother's dwelling and temple) both can have forced double drop spots as well.

More maps that can be exploited are being found as we speak.

Its a perk that they'd have to redesign the entire game around to make it remotely fair and that's more work then just reverting Boil Over.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

It sucks to be on the receiving end of it but the killer might have just been being smart and using you as bait. I'll explain why. Why didn't your team do gens to pressure the killer to leave? I didn't see a single person doing gens.

I also saw a rush of survivors trying to save you. By going to kill would be saviours the Blight might have been going for a 4 slug to end the match.

Also, with how low your bleed out count was it made sense to camp you specifically since nobody was doing gens so if you bled put the team would have 3 gens left and only 3 hands; that's a pretty strong indicator of a 4K.

I don't think you did based on your forum personality but if you BMed and tbagged at a pallet the Blight might have also just been slug camping you. When I see a survivor tbagging the killer and then gets slug camped, honestly, I don't even bother trying to save them. I just do my gens and take my escape BP. That's as a solo queue survivor; a killer would be even more annoyed.

It's possible the killer was just being petty because of Boil Over and being slug camped does suck but, strategically, it was the right move since your team were too focused on you and not enough on the whole game. If gens had started popping the killer would have had to think if they secure one kill or take a chance on getting more kills which would have been better for you overall.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited February 2022

Killers objective is to hook and not bleeding out, bleeding out does work but give you much less BP and emblem, basically game encourage you to NOT do it.

it's only there to prevent taking the game hostage, not something you forced to rely on.

• jesterkind

Legitimate question: What makes those spots abusable, instead of just areas where Boil Over has a little more value? The RPD library spot is abusable because you cannot hook there. Spots like Ormond, Dead Dawg, Gideon's, Crotus Prenn- there are hooks there, Boil Over is more likely to do something there (and it's a good indication that the number should be scaled back a little; the perk isn't OP but it's a liiiiiiiiittle overtuned) but it's not a guaranteed unable to hook area.

So, how does it work out to a literal inability to hook on those spots?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Temple has a small 3rd floor section with no hooks that everyone forgets about which can force 2 falls to get to a hook if a specific corner hook didn't spawn(Even if the corner spawns its close).

For Dwelling if the basement spawns in the main building theres effectively 2 forced falls for basement and 1 forced fall(walking around the fall takes more then 4 seconds for each) for hooks outside the building which there's no guarantee there will be hooks close enough on that side of the building because of the basement.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

itt:

"ARRGH WHY WAS THE KILLER ABLE TO CAMP ME THIS IS WHY I NEED MY META PERKS BUFFED"

"The killer slug-camped you because you're running meta troll perks"

"ARRGH IGNORE MY TROLL PERKS AND BE OUTRAGED WITH ME"

• jesterkind

Temple one does sound pretty bad, I'd have to see how it turns out myself- my suspicion is that any map that has things close by to the spot isn't going to be too bad because you can just leave them there and it doesn't take three hours to get back to the action, but it's definitely still a problem. Just not as bad as the nightmare of RPD.

Dwelling, I'm very unconvinced. It's not a forced fall at all, but they can get lucky in pushing you off the edge, which is... what Boil Over is supposed to do? It's supposed to make you a little more likely to escape, and that's what it does here- the killer isn't guaranteed a lack of a hook, especially since it's only even a risk if the basement spawns. If the basement doesn't spawn, there'll be hooks there and you're fine.

I'm not saying Boil Over is perfectly fine no matter what- it's either that the 25% should be lowered or that it's too sensitive on what counts as a fall to trigger it, I'm not sure which, but on the vast majority of maps it's just a pretty good perk. It's only abusable in spots where the killer can't do anything without being at a serious disadvantage, and that's only true on RPD all the time and Eyrie sometimes.

• FruityCocktail
    FruityCocktail Member Posts: 34

It's crazy... the terrible players have made excuses for 5+ pages.

They cry for the game to be altered to their expectation.

And then when it gets pointed out how ridiculous it is, it's nothing but absolutely and totally poor excuses.

DoNt RuN tHaT pErK iF u DoNt wAnT 2 bE tUnNeLeD

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Us terrible players have to do what we can to kill the good players, I am sure you understand.

• NekoGamerX

with Boil Over how it is we forced to rely on it now.

I say don't like being slugged don't use the perk right now till it fixed.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Serves devs right for bringing such a op perk. Cause survivors use it to bully killers. So killers now play there game by making em bleed out.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    edited February 2022
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited February 2022

That map is one of the maps in which Boil Over is strong, not only because there are many obstacles but also because there are a lot of walls and the killer don't have a direct sight of the hooks and can potentially fail a hook. Show the entire match, how many times did the killer fail to hook you? He was taking revenge.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2022

Well the game now does encourage you to bleed out survivors. I had a toxic ttv squad abusing nurse map yesterday with boil over flip flops and breakouts. Yeah i should have freaking afked the whole match but i tried..i really tried. Ended up bleeding them out but since they were a squad they actually got out. Imagine the EZ i got in the end game chat.

Sure hooking gives more bloodpoints but with these perks you are going to see a lot more slugging so get comfortable at the ground watch youtube enjoy the 4 minutes. Choice is up to the survivors. If you bring these perks into the game don't cry afterwards that you got bled out.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

The perk is blatantly unhealthy and at this point I don't even get why people try to defend it.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited February 2022

Killers objective is to kill, as in their name and why MMR is based on kills. BP and emblems have nothing to do with the win condition of the match.

You'll get more BP (on average) playing Doctor and Legion than most of the killer roster. But their still not high tier killers. Why? Because they cant kill well and BP is not the win condition. Pips and emblems are not the win condition. Killing the survivors is.

You can slug, mori, tombstone, final judgement, whatever, as long as it kills the survivor it's a valid avenue to a win. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't do it.

• fulltonon
    edited February 2022

Oh god am I look like people who trying to defend boil over lmao.

What I'm saying is pretty much this, a perk shouldn't force you to utilize bleeding out because it's not something you should be forced to rely on.

Hooking is main objective of the game just like generators for survivors, even though you can choose to use whatever thing you have, hooking should always be an option because everything is made around it.

• fulltonon

at least it looks like he almost won, I'm happy to see he won even with those unhealthy perks.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Had a game last night on Disturbed Ward with an Ace who only chased upstairs near the gen in main building. He had Boil Over so I just left him on the ground and camped him. His entire team came to try and save him and they all ended up slugged on the ground. I -barely- managed to hook two of his teammates without Boil Over.

If you bring a busted perk that makes it literally impossible to be hooked from certain places, you can't blame the killer for slugging.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

I mean maybe next time actually bring soul guard instead of claiming it needs to be buffed?

• feng_min_main2003
    feng_min_main2003 Member Posts: 86

So just assume a killer has a hex that'll last all Game if they bring one at all? Yeah no thanks, hence why I said it needs buffed, or changed.