We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance + Dead Man's Switch

Do these 2 Stack?

Each time a Survivor is hooked on a Scourge Hook, the following effects apply:

• The Generator with the most Progression explodes, instantly losing Several Percent of its Progression and starting to regress.
  • Survivors repairing that Generator will scream, revealing their location.

After hooking a SurvivorDead Man's Switch activates for the next 45 seconds:

• While activated, any Survivor that stops repairing a Generator before it is fully repaired causes The Entity to block the Generator until Dead Man's Switch's effect ends.
  • Affected Generators are highlighted by a white Aura.

Comments

• Lyonic
    Lyonic Member Posts: 224

Would Hex Ruin also work with Dead Man's Switch?

• maggotsimpson
    maggotsimpson Member Posts: 2

Yes, if you hook a survivor on a pain resonance hook and you are running DMS it will force the survivors off the generator and block it. DMS is not super good with ruin because while gens are blocked by the entity, they don't regress with ruin, it'll pause the regression while the gen is blocked.

• Lyonic

Thanks for that ! Was thinking of doing some deadlock too !

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

PR works with DMS, yes. Ruin does not directly, since blocked gens do not regress.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

I wouldn’t run Ruin with gen blocking perks like DMS or Deadlock. You lose a lot of the value that Ruin provides in regression, and survivors will be incentivized to find ruin even more since gens are blocked. Pain resonance and DMS are a great combo though.

• Lyonic
    edited February 2022

Yeah it was more of that I would be likely to chase people off the remaining gens and get value.

Just while I have got you - What about adding on Deadlock? More gens blocked, means map control.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

They technically stack. When a hook occurs both perks activate, the pain resonance causing survivors to scream which in turn causes them to let go of the gen and activates dead man's switch to block the gen.

But while a generator is blocked it cannot be regressed, so that means if a generator is blocked then it'll stop regressing. e.g. you have to go damage the generator after the block to cause it to start regressing if you are using only pain resonance.

While a generator is blocked Ruin will also not start regression.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

They stack. No it's not OP.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,549

The 15% lost progress is nothing but a few seconds of repair... To be fair

I would like to see Something happen to Dying Light as a bonus... LOL (probably won't happen)

And yea it'll also be nice to have a difference between Blocking Gen perks (I know that Killer has more but still)