Suggestion - Boil over working on missed basic attacks

Options
  • Increases the intensity of the struggle effect on the Killer from your wiggling by 100%.
  • Obscures the Auras of all Hooks from the Killer's Aura-reading abilities within 16 metres.
  • Fills your wiggle meter by 25% upon landing when the Killer drops from great heights. - copied from the dbd fandom page.
  • Fills your wiggle meter by 20% when the killer misses an attack.

The reason why it's 20% is because I'm accounting for recovery from a missed swing (basically making it 25% when added together)

I feel like at least with this change it will punish killers for missing (aka poor judgement) / rewarding survivors for baiting out hits (aka skillful play) rather than punish killers for falling an inch and reward survivors for... Wiggling good.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402
    Options

It'd completely invalidate Mad Grit.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

20% might be too generous, but I think you’ve got a great concept! It should probably be capped at 15% max. Maybe even on top of the dropping effect they’re retaining at a lower value.

• OhAnotherKai
    OhAnotherKai Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2022
    Options

Agreed actually 20% is a bit extreme maybe even 10% might be punishing enough without being too punishing. I mean Boil over is such a wierd perk to balance for. Would you also agree that boil in both current and my version is over stated atm and maybe the obscure hook auras is a bit unnecessary? I would also like to know more about the "Maybe even on top of the dropping effect they’re retaining at a lower value" if you have the time as well.

Thank you for the feedback.

Post edited by OhAnotherKai on
  • OhAnotherKai
    edited February 2022
    Options

Boil over would still have the icon telling you that it is active on the killers screen if you still start swinging crazy with Mad grit with a such a warning well do you not deserve the punishment. Plus, don't forget that Mad grit also pause wiggle timer if the killer successful lands a hit for 4 seconds at max rank so I wouldn't say that it is completely invalid.

With that said Thank you for the feedback.

• OhAnotherKai
    Options

Firstly, Boil over wouldn't add the extra wiggle time unless the killer misses.

Secondly, you'll still get shown the Boil over icon giving you plenty of warning that missing an attack will punish you greater meaning you should be more considerate when you want to go for a hit.

Thirdly,"And now you want free wriggle if they miss, on top of attack cooldown that already exists?" Yes if you bring a perk that gives the killer a warning that this perk exists I want the killer to be punished for having the poor judgment to swing without thinking (or lack knowledge of when to hit a survivor when carrying another)

Forthly, I don't know about broken. As much as current boil over is a pain I would only describe that as contextually broken only being effective on maps that have areas that give the killer no choice but to drop down and give the extra wiggle progress. On any other map Current boil over is an annoyance. What's the point? If the current version of the perk really gives you more of an ultimatum more than a choice really can't be considered broken how can my version which gives more choice rather than ulitimatum be broken.

Fifthly, "Your idea would mean the Killer either has to be body blocked, risk missing, or be slowed on on the hit." That sounds like what body blocking hook is My boil over just enhances it. A swf that body blocks with or without boil over (be it mine or the current version) will still be annoying and effective if done right and your scenario is in the game now if you miss too much you'll drop the survivor and if you let the survivors body block you boil over or no you'll still drop the survivor this concept would not be anything new in dbd if my concept ever came to light (it won't but still i can dream)

Finally, "The Survivor already gets extra time to wriggle because the Killer has attack cooldown on misses" already accounted for in my post but i will agree that 20% is pretty nutty and might discourage killer from swing when they really should maybe 10% would be better. on another note I actually think that boil over is over stated in it's current form and even for my form so perhaps taking away the "Obscures the Auras of all Hook from the Killer's Aura-reading abilities within 16 metres." should actually be taken away too.

With all that said I do appreciate the honest feedback and would like to see an equally honest response if you have the time.

Thank you for the feedback.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

BHVR has already announced that they are replacing the flat 25% wiggle progress on a killer drop for a 33% wiggle progress, based on how much you’ve wiggled already. So basically at the end of the day, after this nerf we’ll be seeing the perk as much as before they buffed it to what it is now. Typical.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402
    Options

Literally mad grit is supposed to let you attack as much as you want while carrying someone. I don't think it needs a nerf.