Do you find Trickster fun to play as?

I kinda like him but whenever I try to play him these days I play againts survivors who know quite well how to loop him and it beecomes so tedious and unfun just running slowly around every big loop trying to down them. You will down people eventualy, but you will lose like 2 gens in a process. I don't know if I am bad with him but this makes me really not want to play him because all I do is just running around loops slowly catching up to Survivors (4+ loops on jungle gyms, shack can be even worse, etc.). Making it soooo boring and tedious.

It is only really fun when you catch someone in the open or in short / open loops where you just storm them. But this doesn't happen offten. Sometimes playing him is like a choore.

Comments

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

He's pretty much a mediocre Huntress.

His knives take to long to get a down unless you use feather boa, and his main event is pretty lack luster unless you're fighting off a zerg rush.

Some of his perks are good, but he isn't.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

He's barely playable on console. His recoil is so bad I'd rather play Perk-less Trapper or Pig than console Trickster. If we're talking strength wise, he's bad, worse than he was on release

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I love playing him.

Nothing is more satisfying then hearing that tink 6 times in a row or hit that final knife just as they turn the corner you predicted they would go.

I'm not very good at him but i do really like playing him

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

he really needs a rework....hes basically still a lowkey huntress so his pressure is none existant. Mind you there are some that are amazing with him but it really takes a team that has no idea what they are doing to f up against him

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

The only time I play him is when I get a daily or a tome archive, he just doesn't feel fun to play as. Which is sad, since hitting survivors with a baseball bat should be almost as satisfying as punching them in the face with Nemesis. Main Event is garbage too.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I like playing him when I get bored of Huntress and Deathslinger (which is very rare, but it still happens). It's nice to not care that much about aiming and just machine gun a survivor.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

No, I find him miserable to play as, especially when using a controller. It's a shame too, I really like his cosmetics but there's no point in getting them when I hate playing as him.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I only play Trickster when I'm tired of using my brain. But is he fun? No

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It entirely depends on the map. If there's lots of high walls, you're gonna have a bad time. I do find his throwing knives fun when they work, but as you said, many tiles are unfavorable to Trickster by design.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

No. I only got him with shards for perks and for his tome challenges.

But every game with him was pain in the ass. Just like every game against him is pain. Pretty balanced

• KurtiStryker
    KurtiStryker Applicant Posts: 3
    edited February 2022

Short answer yesn't.

Yes, it's fun to play against chill/solo survivors

No, it isn't when you get matched against good survivors/squads( 2 friends and other 2 friends/ 3 friends- 1 solo etc etc).

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Only with throwing rate add on.I play all killers add onless and the diference between with and without it is abyssmal

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

I dont have fun if we are wining but i gotta carry my team.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I bought him just for his perks, and since buying him, I've only played him about 3-4 times. So no, I'm not a fan.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

he's very fun to play for me, but he's still map dependant. if you get an unlucky map you'll have a hard time but it won't be as hard as huntress as you have more chance for error.

and he's better played with addons like movement speed , maximum laceration and extra knives cuz without those you'll have even harder time on these maps and i think corrupt is also needed on him to deal with his bad map pressure a bit.

with that said i believe trickster could use a rework to make him have a more interesting power and a better map pressure but for now he's pretty fun and in a decent spot.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

Trickster is one of my main killers but certain maps like Ormond make me wanna uninstall. He sadly has no mobility, map pressure or 4v1 potential but of course he needs recoil on his knives. Main event has a time limit for no reason. He is gettinh carried by his personality and looks tbh.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Mileage may vary depending on platform. I personally love him. Took me a while to warm up to him and understand his playstyle. He can do a crazy amount of damage quickly

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Is it weird that I liked him a lot more before his last set of changes? I don't hate his new version, but I really liked having 70 knives with laceration that stuck around a while and didn't mind needing to land 8 for an injury.

I kinda wish that they'd make memento blades essentially revert him to how he was + old knife pouch.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

Definitely not.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

I think people only play him for his aesthetic and nothing else really.

Might as well play Huntress if you want to play a projectile killer.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

My biggest issue is Mainevent... That fact that you're stuck throwing knives for however long is anoyying to say the least... I hardly ever use Mainevent

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Yes I find his power fun, since it's the closest thing we have to a machine gun. But yeah I know, some make him seem like he's the best thing since sliced bread. But when you play him, you realize he's weak if survivors have the basic knowledge that high objects negate his ability.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,260

I like playing him, getting 6 knives back to back is very satisfying.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited February 2022

I want to but I play on console and hes harder than nurse or blight. His knives operate like a full auto rifle and I find myself reloading after every health state. If I needed to win a trial for lets say some money I would bring 25 other killers before him. Fyi I am nasty with Huntress, Slinger, and Artist so in all honesty ######### Trickster.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

As others have alluded to, he is an absolute nightmare to control on consoles. You can throw your 40 pack of knives at a survivor and you might get lucky and get 6 of them to connect before you need to go get more if the survivor has even the smallest amount of competence.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Not me

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168
    edited February 2022

Weirdly enough I do

I think it's because his power has a weird rhythm to it. I sometimes like to play trickster with very quiet background music and try to hit survivors in time with the music

Just a dumb minigame to make Trickster more enjoyable since he can be pretty painful against decent survivors