The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers I propose a question

Majin151
Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

What do you do in the event of a extremely laggy match?

Do you disconnect,become friendly or try to win even with the lag?

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Just keep playing

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I rarely see it now but I am built for that #########. Played on last gen console for a long time so its nothing to me.

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

Just push through. Keep going but maybe tell players you are glitching. If they arent playing like dirtbags.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

I hate a game that was realy laggy... luckily 2 survivors had flashlights, so i knew when the lag happens based on the flashlights' clicking noises...

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

If its real bad and they seem cool just tell them its happening and to hurry before it cuts out

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

In the event of a laggy match, my first port of call is to bring up the match stats and set my graphics to the lowest possible setting. This almost always helps.

But if that doesn't help, I go Afk while I check for any ongoing downloads in the background (pausing them if I find any).

If it's still laggy after all that (which is kinda rare now), but still in a playable state- I will try to play as normal, bearing in mind that I won't do well.

If it's glicthed so much to an unplayable degree (which has only ever happened to me twice), I will just go fully Afk and find something else to do while I wait for the match to be over.

(One of these glicthes was preventable by myself, as I'd forgotten to check my Steam downloads 😅; the other was really odd and I just got locked in the gen kicking animation as Pryamid Head on Autohaven, while the match went on as normal around me.)

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Suicide.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I will try to play it out normally. In this server/client environment the lag can work against the survivors as much as it works against the killer.