We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

My Idea for removing perk tiers from bloodweb.

CygnuX
CygnuX Member Posts: 6
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has thought of this. What if perk tiers were bound to how much you played that particular perk on a character.

Let's say that, I unlocked Decisive strike on Meg. At first it will be level 1. But after a certain number of matches, let's say 15, It becomes level 2, then it becomes level 3 after maybe around 30 matches.

Let me know what you guys feel about this.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I like this idea and I would say it reminds me of Dead By Daylight Mobile but if it's have to do with the bloodweb and it's annoying perk tiers on the bloodweb then I'll agree with this.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

And why is it good to add the requirement of playing X amount of matches before it moves to the next tier? What is the reasoning behind it? For me it makes no sense, just another unnecessary grind.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

It feels more grindy than the current grind.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I play non meta perks, or even meme build, but.

If Im forced to play "Vigil, Leader, Prove thyself, Streetwise" 15 matches to make those perks to Tier2...I would play meta perks instead.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

So basically level up perks through play? Like lets pretend I will use something like small game and to level it up I need to use it? Because that sounds harder but cheaper bp wise.

• CygnuX

15 is just a number that I came up with. Maybe it can be something smaller like 5 or 10. I honestly think that it will be much faster than going through bloodweb after bloodweb.

I still remember that It took me around 15 bloodwebs (at level 50) to get Sprint burst 3 on Felix. Maybe I got extremely unlucky.

If anyone can post average stats like average bloodpoints a person can receive after everymatch and average bloodpoints needed to finish a tier 0 level 50 bloodweb, maybe we can calculate how many bloodpoints and how many matches I had to play.

• CygnuX

This is a valid point, true. But again, you actually had to spend bloodpoints to reach level 3 right?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Yes, but its not really "healhy" for the game when everyone forced to use meta.

Simply just remove perk Tiers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

They should just remove perk tiers. Even if its "just a temporary solution" they would have 10 years to come up with something else, before they reach the current stage again.

So we´re pretty save.

• CygnuX

Removing perk tiers is obviously the best Idea. And the claim that it is a "temporary solution" is pretty funny too, because we never know if DBD is gonna last 10 years, to be honest XD.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

I think the way they should get rid of them is this:

You get Tier 1 in the blood web.

Then, from your perk selection menu, you can choose to spend BP to unlock tiers 2 and 3 whenever you want. That way its still a BP sink but it's not interminable going through level 50 webs.

If they make this change, while they are at it, they need to remove the two screens telling us we are on level 50 over and over again.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

We all know that claim is just an excuse so they don't lose 2 thirds of the grind