The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Grouping Perks into tier/ranks

I've had an idea for a new mechanic that might improve the game a little, since the game is currently lacking in both fun and surprises.

My idea is simply to rank all perks and limit what perk combinations you can bring, both for camper and survivor. All perks get ranked into three tiers, where you can only bring one top-tier perk, one mid-tier and two lower-tier. You can also replace a higher tier with one lower if you want to (e.g. you could bring two mid-tier and two low-tier perks or all low-tier etc.). Both campers and survivors complain about certain meta perks the other bring, so why not force everyone to be a bit more creative with their builds? Survivors won't be able to run a DS, Dead hard and BT build for instance, as all these perks would be top-tier. Same with campers. Campers can't just run BBQ, Ruin, NOED, etc.

I think introducing a system like this would force people to try something different, or at the very least it could balance things out a little by limiting the use of meta perks. I know the devs aren't interested in improving the game experience, but I'm still interested in hearing other people's thoughts and suggestions on this.

Comments