The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Kicking a gen should cause progression loss, and could help make new perks!

Petforces
Petforces Member Posts: 42
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think that kicking a gen should not only start regressing it, but also do a 2 or 5% progression loss. And obviously the numbers could be higher or lower, but this is just a baseline. What this would do, is make kicking a gen not only more intuitive to new players. I'm sure like me when most of us started, you thought kicking a gen actually did something. (other than just start the regression process) But also allows for future perks to be added for and against it. Like the killer could get a perk that adds 1,2,3% or 3,4,5% to the progression loss. You could have a Survivor perk that says if you were working on a gen that is kicked in the last 30/45/60 seconds, it does not lose progression. It would also make other perks better like Blastmine. Since the killer would be more likely to kick a gen. And those perks could be for a New killer/Survivor Or could be generic, since it has been a long time since we got new generics.

So What do you guys think? to OP, should be fine, Needs to be higher percentage? I'm just curious if the community thinks the Killer gaining a 2-5% damage on a Gen as a buff would be ok for balance?

Post edited by Petforces on

Comments

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

When I started this game, one of the first thiing I assumed is that kicking gens caused instant loss, which then made me think "so, Pop goes the wisel doesn't actually give a 25% loss, you have to deduce the base loss to know the actual value of pop".

It took me time to realize that I just assumed it while it actually wasn't the case.

• Petforces

That makes since lol, I figured lots of people would think that, Like I kick a Wall it breaks, I kick a pallet it breaks, If I kick the gen it should break.

• vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320

I've said that baseline kicking should take off two or three percent progression in addition to starting the regression. Either that or baseline regression needs to be bumped up 0.5c/s (Ruin could be nerfed to 100%/125%/150% so it is not 1c/s but is still higher than the new basic regression to accoutn for it being a Hex and able to be removed) AND a Survivor has to repair the gen for at least a second without interruption before regression starts. One of the big problems with baseline kicking is that it takes two seconds perform but can be undone in a tap, so if they don't want to add straight up progression loss on a baseline kick then "gen tapping" has to be stopped instead.

Sadly I COULD see the devs making it a Perk instead of, not in addition to, a gameplay feature. Because that's how they "fix" things.

• Petforces

I agree with alot of what you were saying, I would hope just a buff would be ok, But Thats why I was asking this community, what they thought of it.