Why the win/ loss conditions of SBMMR definitely doesnt work for Solo Q...

Options
Bartlaus
Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025

In Solo Q Ive ended up in noob hell. I probably have an MMR of -5000. Actually I'm a happy DBD Main and play Killer and Survivor (6k+ hours) and have never complained about the Solo Q experience or anything else. In fact, I actually preferred playing solo to SWF because I love challenges. I would also describe myself as a very good player (yeah, self praise stinks, I know)

Unfortunately, my random mates are getting dumb and dumber. I play with people who heal 2 meters outside of my CoH radius. People running to my hook in threes, even though Bubba is facecamping me and I'm using Kindred. People who destroy totems and loot chests and don't touch a single gen until the killer has at least 6 hooks. People running in a loop in pairs and cockblocking each other. People who are getting chased for 10 sec., refusing to drop pallets or jumping fulllife into a locker. It is impossible to survive with those big brains and hatch escape doesnt count.

Dear Devs, I don't wanna be forced to play with my former tournament Navy Seal SWF or play extremely selfish just to survive and push my MMR. Playing Survivor is my chill out experience after playing killer. And I actually like playing Solo Q. I have no problem playing with guinea pigs either. But I shouldn't be penalized for my randoms being completely stooopid.

The win/ loss conditions might work for SWF and killers, but definitely not for solo survivors. Because of this, I think constant +pips is a better indicator of skill than escaping or dying. I wish you would take the emblem system as the basis for the MMR. I know it's not perfect and not an absolute indicator of skill, but it's a lot better than the escape or die distinction imo.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,235
    Options

I think it's a bit of a mistake to assume this is because of the win/loss conditions, considering that the system is currently broken and not matching people accurately.

(You're also not being penalised, your MMR lowers after enough losses but that's completely neutral.)

• Sangotunk
    Sangotunk Member Posts: 46
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you... it's an absolute miserable experience. Sometimes I feel like I'm a e-sport player compared to my teammates whereas I'm only average

• Sangotunk
    Options

It's so atrocious that if I don't manage to run the killer until the 5 gens are done I'm simply dead

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,172
    edited February 2022
    Options

I gave my life TWICE today for a cutie urban evasion meg. She was so adorable i swore to protect her with my life.

I don't take this game so seriously. You lose some you win some. In the end its a game try to make it fun for you and not focus on just winning.

Same policy goes for killer . I win some i lose some. Sometimes i get potatoes against me i kill them at 5 gens and next match i get deathsquaded and im fighting for 1 hook.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

And if you menage to run him for 5 gens, you get noed with +6% movement speed and bloodlust 3.

• Bartlaus
    Options

If I was serious about the game and wanted to win every match, I wouldn't be playing super altruistically in Solo Q ;-) I'd be playing in a Deathsquad SWF all day long. But that's not what I want. And believe me, playing with baby megs is only fun at times. Playing with 3 Baby Megs in every single match will 'meg' u mad Oo

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited February 2022
    Options

I often feel like I'm completely wasting my time in solo queue. Like I'm setting my free time on fire. I'm not being matched accurately at all. My teammates often aren't even playing to escape the trial. They're only lighting boons, opening chests, or throwing the game to fulfill a save challenge.

I played one match last night. It lasted 30 minutes. The killer refused to chase me, and my teammates crouched around the map while the killer slowly picked them off. I did 2 gens by myself. My team somehow failed to complete 3 generators between 3 players in 30 minutes. I'm just about done with solo queue. Either use SBMM or don't, but for the love of god respect my time at the very least. I didn't put 3500 hrs in the game to be matched with players who installed the game last week.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

I dont know i guess i just find them adorable. I see them hiding and urban evasioning makes me miss the times when i started this game. I just crouch next to them in the bush and watch the view :D

Deathsquad survivor gets boring fast since killers have very little chance against them and honest its boring to get out almost every single time.

Im weird :D

• Sangotunk
    Options

I had a game against a huntress that didn't like that I looped her during several minutes, all gens done and of course she camped me during the end game (can't blame her she didn't have any other things to do) hitting me and nodding at my face, all others survivors escaped, I carried the game but for the devs my MMR should lower so I'm endessly stuck in low MMR hell, I can't stand the MMR

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

The funny thing is that, it already was an issue with emblem system, so they patched it, you woud always have at least black pip in these situations... then mmr was a huge leapp backwards.

• talama
    talama Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2022
    Options

yes but have you tried to get better at hockey? i hear it helps

• Bartlaus
    Options

I'm being penalizd in every single match now, believe me. I die a lot because I play too altruistically in solo q ---> low MMR ---> im getting matched with 6 trained guinea pigs. 2 guinea pigs for each mate. One guinea pig at the mousepad, the other guinea pig at the keyboard. That's why my MMR stays so low. Nothing will change until I play completely selfish or in swf a-team.

• jesterkind
    Options

Again, wouldn't it be the simpler, "occam's razor" answer that you're just suffering from the matching portion being broken right now? We know that part is broken, and because of that there's no reason to suspect it's the win/loss based MMR changes that causes it.

My point about penalising is just a reminder that, when the system is working, losing MMR is not a penalty. It just matches you more efficiently against opponents you can handle and who can handle you. It's currently broken, but when it works it's not a reward or penalty.

• Bartlaus
    Options

Duuuude, did u just call me fat? Never heard about occam's razor but thx to wikipedia Im smarter now :'D

Who says that current MMR is broken and doesnt work as intended? I mean Im dying a lot and Im getting matched with worser and worser teammates and opponents. So it seems to work to me. Is there any official response from the devs? Otherwise Im not sure what ur point is :/

• jesterkind
    Options

It was in the latest QnA! The matching portion of the MMR system is not working as intended, it's prioritising speed over accuracy in a few situations that lead to people getting unmatched games.

• Bartlaus
    Options

Thx for the information, that was new to me. I mean I'm still skeptical and don't think the win/loss condition makes sense because of the vicious circle I described earlier. But maybe I'm wrong. We will see.