Hag's camera switch is the most stupid ######### ever

Pukenplag
Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

You know, hag proxy camping 2 hooked people, you go in for a crouched save, she approaches so you decide to save anyway because she will get there. But guess ######### what, she has 5 traps in place and my camera goes to Narnia. I get hit, try to unhook but my camera is still doing 720s so I die.

Hag is already good without that #########, I still don't get why it is a thing still.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yeah it’s just a stupid mechanic. At least make it not happen during chase

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Activating a trap swings the camera toward the trap. It's a feature of her kit. The closer you are to the activated trap, the harder the swing. You can anticipate it if you know what you're doing, but if you don't, or don't have a lot of practice, it's jarring.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Same. I don't play her myself, can't get into the 'don't chase' mentality.

To OP, though, you have to live with it. Wouldn't be much of a 'trap' if the survivor didn't act out in surprise. In this case, the camera swing. With practice, you'll get used to it. Granted, you need to actually play against Hag to get that practice. . .

• Pukenplag
    edited February 2022

First time I faced a Hag was more than 5 years ago. You can't get used to that ######### in certain situations. Look at mine: I knew about the traps, there was NOTHING I COULD DO. My camera was anyway going to go crazy. There is no surprise to that. Yeah, cool, a jumpscare, but I think it's long established that this game isn't about being creepy. This game is a full on "competitive" game, so jumpscares aren't needed. It's just a huge inconvenience to try and save someone while your camera refuses to point in their direction. Reminds me of when JRM increased his mouse sensitivity to 1000 and couldn't face the gen he was trying to go to.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It had been a while for me too until last night. They were running the add-ons for no trap warning when it is set off and teleport to any trap. They also had the perk Make Your Choice and to top it off they brought an iridescent Mori. It was a great game but we all died in the end. Wish I had a flashlight. Lol.

• Pukenplag

How do you do that when there are 5 traps there and Hag is right on your ass?

• Pukenplag
    edited February 2022

Actually, you're right. Besides messing up with your camera, those traps don't do ANYTHING else. They don't allow the killer to teleport there, they don't counter loops, they don't make camping without being close easy, they don't do NOTHING.

Hag would still be a very good killer, that camera messing is just EXTREMELY annoying and unfun to face and in situations like mine straight up OP. There was nothing I could do to the survivor. The hag was catching up and the camera was doing weird spins.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

You want to know a secret? If you play with a controller that has enough stick drift it will prevent the traps from spinning your camera 😅

For a long time I thought they had nerfed the Hag's traps and missed it in some patch notes and nobody talked about it because nobody plays Hag. But it turned out I was just using a busted controller

• Pukenplag

In theory, it helps high skilled hags get good plays. In practice, it helps camping hags get easy kills because placing 5 traps is just a confirmed down for the rescuer.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Which is why Rusty Shackles is one of her best add-ons. Because without the camera flick Hag is useless.

• Pukenplag
    edited February 2022

Whining (or pointing out issues, as I call it, because that is how they get resolved) about something that is unfun to go against isn't wrong. Just because it is not OP or a major part of a kit doesn't justify it. NOED isn't OP, it's just really unfun which is why it should be changed. DS's insta aim-shoot combo wasn't OP, it was unfun so it needed changing (although he didn't deserve a nerf so they really should have added a better buff).

Unfun#OP. Sometimes, things need changing because they aren't healthy for the game. And in such cases, there should be a counter buff to compensate.

• Pukenplag

People like only reading what they like.

I don't ask for NERFS, I ask for removing unfun mechanics and COUNTER BUFF the character so they aren't nerfed.

NOED is extremely unfun to face. You can bring arguments as to why it is counterable or bad. I don't say it's good or not. It is very unhealthy and it should simply be changed to something just as good or even better, but not something that is an unfun mechanic.

Also, fun DOES matter in a game, because that is what keeps it relevant.

• BirdSpirit
    BirdSpirit Member Posts: 186

I'm curious, what counter buff would you suggest if you want the camera swing removed? Just note that it is a pretty powerful part of her kit.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Its made to:

- jumpscare you

- Lose some distance instead of going straight.

• Pukenplag

Hmm, I have 2 things in mind:

1. Either make the camera swing work only once per survivor (maybe a 2-3 seconds cooldown)

2. Add a 5% slow after activating a trap.

• Pukenplag
    edited February 2022

1. Not necessary at all. This game isn't horror nor should it try to be anymore.

2. As I suggest, add a small hindred status to a survivor activating it or a small cooldown between each camera swing. It's really an over kill when 5 traps mess up my camera and I can't get the unhook within 2 hits.

• BirdSpirit

1 is a straight nerf and 2 is already part of a useless addon.

• Pukenplag

1. Not really. It only nerfs hook camping with 10 traps. A good hag doesn't need 10 traps at a loop to mess your camera. Also, the cooldown should be really small, so you don't get your camera ######### in all directions by 10 traps. Only a one time thing.

2. The useless addon has massive downsides. This change is just making hag have a chance at catching up after the camera swing is removed, not removing her ability to teleport.

• BirdSpirit

I fail to understand how 1 is not a straight up nerf. I agree with all your points, but there is no counter buff here.

If you wanted to have both 1 and 2 then maybe.

The problem with removing the swing is that hag needs to herd people into another trap to actually get a hook. Removing the swing prevents that.

If the hags you face are so bad that they have multiple traps in range of one another around the hook, then do gens. Same strategy against camping.

• Pukenplag

1 only affects bad hags that need to put all their traps in one place.

• BirdSpirit

> I don't ask for NERFS, I ask for removing unfun mechanics and COUNTER BUFF the character so they aren't nerfed.

You said you aren't asking for nerfs. So what is the counter buff?

• Pukenplag

There is no counter buff because that solution on its own removes the unfun factor while not making the character worse. The camera swing is still there, it just won't benefit people puttin 10 traps under a hook.

But if you really insist on a counter buff, for each trap that doesn't cause the camera to swing, the survivor's movement speed is reduced by an additional 5/2.5/1/.5 % (amount decreases for consecutive traps).

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Not even an m1 killer. More like a ranged killer with no ranged attacks. Assuming you play around the traps, anyway.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Honestly there are so many killer powers that don't work in close proximity to the hooked survivor, I'm not quite sure why hag still gets the privilege other than BHVR just doesn't care to deal with it.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

The trap is meant to do that its part of her power.

I'm sorry you can't brain dead loop every killer in the exact same way all the time but different killers should have different powers that make you play differently.

Learn to play around it rather than just scream for nerfs.

Yes its a horror game, just sore loserism is killing that aspect off because people won't adjust their play, and so constantly scream for nerfs rather than getting better.

• Pukenplag
    edited February 2022

I like when people don't even read the post then comment.

Did I complain about looping Hag? No, I complained that, while in a chase the camera swing DOES bring a skill based advantage, when it comes to hook camping they are just straight up broken. You cannot do anything for the hooked guy if the hag is near. Your camera will go crazy anyway.

Also, learn to play against it is a bit of a stretch considering it's a hag. I've faced a maximum of 30 in my 5 year "career".

And once more I have to bring up people ignoring your comments then replying with "git gud". I have said I don't know how many times that I DON'T want a nerf, I want a counter buff to make up for the fixing of that ######### mechanic.

• YearOfTheHag
    YearOfTheHag Member Posts: 76

Hag's traps will only affect your camera if you are looking away from them when they are triggered.

Predicting where traps are and harassing them properly is basically Hag's core counterplay. Good Hags will use the camera swing to deny or weaken certain loops. They are trying to predict and punish your movement. By the same token, you can predict their traps and render them less useful by looking at them before they pop.

Hag is a strong killer but her power is abuseable by survivors. The side that better predicts the other will win the matchup almost every time.

I made a thread about Hag counterplay a few months ago, inside you can find ways to play against her.

• Pukenplag

Ok, I think I remember it, but what do you recommend when the hag has 5 traps under a hook, all pointing in different directions.

• pseudechis

Yes there is one specific scenario that is your prime complaint but the camera switch is part of her power, you are asking for its removal

Now (here's the context for you to show you not only did I read you post but I also comprehended its flow on effects) its removal impacts more than just the single scenario you provided. It greatly limits her trap use for curtailing loops and windows, anyone who knows how to play hag knows how to counter fast vaults with a trap redirect.

Also getting caught in what you described that is kinda your fault, because frankly its not that hard to play around.

You do want it nerfed because you want that aspect of her mechanic removed. This has been pointed out before (I know this I read the other posts too).

" I don't ask for NERFS, I ask for removing unfun mechanics and COUNTER BUFF the character so they aren't nerfed". The counter buffs you propose aren't really "counter buffs" One puts limiter on her power the other is the same power as other killers have. So both aren't really good suggestions variation wise and one of them is just a slightly reduced nerf from the proposed removal nerf.

You are asking for a nerf to avoid the scenario you describe when the solution to the scenario you describe is cautious play, good decision making and team work.

A hag with two hooks next to each other is gonna proxy those because its the best move to make in that scenario. You should expect it to have the ######### trapped out of it and play very cautiously.

If you don't see hag often enough to learn how then play Hag for a bit and you'll see how it works.

Lastly this isn't "git gud" its take some time to reflect on your gameplay and maybe try something different in that scenario or create it yourself in a hag game and see where its weak. Improve on your gameplay before trying to break out the nerf bat.

If you wish to interpret this as "git gud" then that's up to you but there is no snide malice in my suggestion in fact its what any good gamer would do if they found a weakness and wanted to get better.

Sadly most of this forum isn't people doing that its just people screaming NERF! That dilutes the horror element of the game.

• Pukenplag

Then here is another suggestion as for the hook issue:

Traps within 8 meters of a hooked survivor do not cause the camera to swing.

Learning to play around stuff is always the go to, but some things are more on the side of there's nothing that can be done.

There were 2 gens left, two hooked people in second stage and another 2 hooks guy that was injured. A save was necessary, but straight up impossible. With 5 traps on both survivors, getting close was just impossible.

I agree that Hag's camera swing is useful when used in loops, but in the case of hook trap spamming it is just a Bubba 2.0.

• pseudechis
    edited February 2022

Potentially but you then hit the problem of multi level maps with hooks above and below affect traps due to distance. Loops and vaults near hooks that become unviable trap locations, its not a bad suggestion but probably impractical to implement.

That scenario is a problematic one for the survivors, that's a losing scenario already and it takes some serious game to turn that around.

I'd have prioritized healing and the last two gens even if it cost one of those hooked team mates. Your either going to have to heal and then draw her away and other player gets a cautious crouch save while the hag is in chase. Or you smash out the last two gens and flee. If that hag is running back and forth checking hooks as they should at that point then you want to crouch your way in from a blind angle if available. (EDIT Armchair general here I wasn't there but from what you describe the options are limited, but that scenario isn't the fault of hags traps).

That was already a losing scenario before we consider hag's trap set up and then its an example of hags traps doing that they should keeping the pressure on the survivors and forcing a tough choice to save or escape, you can't always have both.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

I think they meant you need to set them off when she's chasing someone else or carrying them.

The spinning is mental, so I try to set them off as often as I can.

I always miss quite a few and I'm stupid enough to find myself in uncharted areas when in chase so I end up eating them anyway.

• YearOfTheHag
    YearOfTheHag Member Posts: 76

So first, hag traps don't point in any direction until you trip them, they are circular.

Second, if a hag is so committed to one hook that she blows half her web on it you get a 3 man escape for free. How is this much different from a Billy or bubba or trapper or really half the killer roster standing at a hook? As soon as she leaves you can make a bt play after crouching or if she picks up someone else you pop all traps for free.

This also has nothing to do with cam swing. It just sounds like you hate the matchup, which is fine. If you take the time to learn it, you will win a lot more and have way more fun.

Gl

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

Well, I find NOED fun. It's often a surprise and it's even more fun when it's not. As killer I almost never use it though.

Perks exist for variety and not everybody will have the same opinion.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

The rotation is there so smart trap placement can be learned and used by the killer. Otherwise this already pretty weak killer would be utterly useless.

Play her a bit and you may understand.

Check "Michi" on Youtube.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I was thinking the same thing up until the recent grade reset- then it became: “why am I seeing so many Hags now??”

She’s not even in the Tome challenges so I don’t get it. Oh, and I’ve seen quite a few rare Pokémon Billys too!

Wait- is it just the grade that resets or is it both grade and MMR?? Cause if MMR is included, that explains this and a few other abnormalities in my trials…

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I didn't know true strength of her trap till now.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Okay. Remove the camera switch. But also remove the ability to remove traps with a flashlight.

This discussion has been closed.