Balancing hook campers

Something I think would be extremely beneficial to making solo que more enjoyable without too much effort would be as follows:

1: Give more blood points for working on gens. This would incentivize people to do gens rather than farming people off hook, and would also help survivors counter the ridiculous amount of hook camping killers.

2: If suggestion 1 is not implemented I would suggest giving less blood points to killers who camp hooks early game. I understand hook camping when last gen is complete or nearly finished, but the hook camping at 5 gens is out of hand.

3: If suggestion 2 is implemented I would also suggest giving killers more blood points for damaging gens, destroying boons, and breaking pallets to help offset the nerf to their hook camping blood points. This would help ease the salty killers whom benefit from camping and give them incentive to actually be more skilled and play the game rather than playing standing simulator...

Any and all feedback or other suggestions welcomed. :D

Comments

• Foxxyness
    Foxxyness Member Posts: 3

They get more BP for camping because survivors don't know how to just do gens. Instead they will unhook you in killers face with no BT and end up getting more kills which gets them more BP. The counter to camping is to do gens, and solo que people don't do that...

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

It's balanced : do gens. Camping is a strategy, it can be countered.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited February 2022

I'm a camper and I'd happily give someone who got camped 32000 bp as a reward.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

The majority? Please. The hyperbole is completely unnecessary.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Your post history is way to biased for a meaningful conversation. Good day to you sir.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Gen speeds are an issue that few players don't talk about... But it is an issue

And the difference between Progression and Regression... 80 seconds or less (depending on what's brought: Toolboxes with or without BNP, Prove Thyself, Resilience... Even Great skillchecks)... Vs. Ruin regressing at .50 or 158 seconds and normal Regression at .25 or 396 seconds

I'm thinking that increasing the punishment for Camping isn't enough... due to other reasons it happens (either the Killer deciding to Camp form the start or is lead to Camp)

Also saying that is lack of skill is wrong as well.... If you don't being Corrupt the first Gen might be done by the time you cross the map

So the idea of bringing better perks isn't what players should do... The game is being lost in Perks not the base game

Oh and there are only 4 Gen Blocking perks, 7 Gen Regression perks, 3 Gen Slowdown perks, 2 Gen Aura Reading perks... and they all have different activation requirements

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

That looks like a "I have no retort, therefore I will pretend I have some sort of moral high ground to save face because I cannot defeat you in a debate" response.

Either way - Camping only works if survivors allow it to work. Stop making it worthwhile for killers, and killers will stop doing it for the most part.

Also, we should fix the gen camping issue survivors have. Those nerds, always camping their objectives. Imagine.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited February 2022

What debate? I gave my opinion much earlier in the thread. When someone over and over again says the same ######### and shows theres no other possibilities except there idea I see no point in bothering. Really that simple.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Incentives over restrictions are always the best direction for change.

As the devs put it in the 1v1,1v1,1v1,1v1 scenario the balance goal is a tie 2k 2e.

If the game is balanced for 2k while going for chases there are gonna be players that rather not entertain the survivor's illusionary God plays when securing one kill at a time provides the same results.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

If kicking gens was beneficial then killers would leave.

There is little value in wounded survivors with CoH.

There is little value in kicking gens when you can insta tap stop the regression.

There is alot of value in a dead survivor.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

unfortunately BP isnt a great incentive, especially if it will be capped at 8k like everything else

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited February 2022

Listen I get it you think you've got an idea to help with Camping but please I wish more people on the forums understood this 99.9% of the ideas that are thrown around have been for literally ages reducing BP changes nothing about camping they already get a lot less for camping anyway because they're losing out on other point values.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Balance change to address camping: Remove the two health state grab from killers. If an injured survivor goes for an unhook, that could be a grab. Otherwise, nah. Thwack em or use your power.

Survivors aren’t entitled to survive. Killers aren’t entitled to kills.

I agree that advantages of camping should be addressed so we can go back to what makes the game thrilling: chases.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I would face camp even if it was not viable. Someone has to do it, might as well be me.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    edited February 2022

I've been camping and tunneling at 5 gens to see if I can still get a 4k and its been working lmao. I feel bad but its how the game works. I turned off crossplay to see the salt in chat and they are taking it serious and even making me call them on discord. what are you going to prove if i speak to u . I notice its a big weakness to solo survivors. Killer can end the game for someone in minutes if they wanted to and you're right there should be a compensate for that

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

If a killer stays within 8 meters of a hooked survivor for 30 seconds (Half of a phase) then why not grant that survivor like 15 seconds of extra time for that phase?

This could trigger again on second phase too as a small penalty for legit face camping someone and not leaving the immediate vicinity around them. Idk if it would even solve the problem though, bubbas gonna camp no matter what.

Aside from all this I think Kinship should be buffed. It's our only option in the face of face camping and even then it's not very effective unless you're in a coordinated swf. I feel like if you equip Kinship it should work on OTHER survivors on hooks so you can pause their timers. Heck, make it work both ways maybe like Kindred.

Otherwise it would be nice if the person being face camped received Distraction points and or Boldness. Maybe some consolation Objective points any time a gen pops while they're hooked and the killer is holding their hand.

It's sad because BHVR keeps adding incentives in the form of perks to leave the hook and go after other survivors but killers don't seem to want to do any of that when they can just equip Deadlock, NOED, No Way Out etc and get easy kills

And I get it, killers are unhappy lately about a lot of things. I'll agree that CoH STILL needs nerfed more. Kicking generators by default needs to be buffed desperately. Base regression is a joke. I get it but face camping is really sad to see, especially when killers are tailoring their builds specifically for it and getting away with 2/3k+ like I just don't get it, when I play killer I use the myriad perks that REWARD you for leaving the hook and hooking everyone and actually enjoy chasing people instead of sitting in one spot all game long?

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

Too bad the devs ######### that up thanks to constant running and the map design.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Yeah people don't camp at 5 gens for points, they do it to make people have a miserable time

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

If the killer is x meters from the hook and there’s no other survs in x+8 meters range the timer at the hook stops

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

They tried this multiple times and ever time survivors abused it so it had to be removed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Devs need to take a hard look on WHY the camping and tunneling has increased so much, instead of just doing something against camping.

We need to get rid of the root cause first.

• MzLexusLove
    MzLexusLove Member Posts: 11

As much as I hate being face camped or when the killer is babysitting me on the first hook I always try and just die till the very last struggle points with pride and help my fellow survivors out. 😂

It sucks when it’s that kind of game. Some killers are awesome and don’t need to babysit the hook they legit can be everywhere hooking every single body and still rack up points. I appreciate those killers because at least all the survivors have a chance at getting any points at all.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

You have to be the gen jockey.

I play solo I know how it is sometimes but, it's not like that all the time at least no for me anyway. If it's one of the times I'm running kindred and I see them trading hooks and the killer isn't leaving I'll stick to gens like glue.

Yeah I know but, it's allowed what can you do besides work the gens and hope the poor soul doesn't give up on hook.

It make the match not just miserable but also boring. What can you do besides wait for your turn to get camped to death and move on to the next match.

• latigresa
    latigresa Member Posts: 88

Teleport the hooked survivor to another hook. Set whatever threshold you want. You can't do 3-4 gens before the survivor dies on hook. Campers bring perks to delay the game like deadlock or no way out.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Isn't camping already balanced out? Killer camps, you do gens, get BP, escape, get BP.

Getting camped sucks but it does totally tie up the killer and free everyone else up to do gens and get to the next match faster.