The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does the dc penalty still exist?

Mileena_Kahn
Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

So I’ve been having pc problems on and off the for past couple of months but this week I’ve experienced several mid game crashes and when I boot dbd back up I get penalized. Well, I now have a 5 hour ban from random game crashes. I get that it’s mainly used for people who dc intentionally but if BHVR is keeping it permanent can you at least make the system recognize if it was an intentional dc or a game crash? I can’t play til later tonight now just from crashing and if I could afford to fix the pc at the moment I would but sadly I can’t.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I think killer DCing is still worse than a survivor DCing, when killer DCs survivors can't chase, do gens or do bones and forced to go very long que.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,882

This is absolutely true, but killer DCing also seems to be far, far less common. I might go a couple of months without seeing a killer DC, but I can't go a couple of hours without a surv DC.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Eh theres a point to be made there yeah. For me though there's times where id much rather the game would give everyone else the ability to opt to end the match with consolation bp. With a survivor gone it's either a free win or guaranteed loss depending on who you're playing.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

You haven't played when its turned off and every second game is a DC on first down, first hook, first chase, mori, grab, killer they don't like, I heard the killer terror radius first DC, or the my totem destroyed at game start DC, pallet stunned and blinded once DC etc etc?

The penalty exists because the community can't be trusted to act like adults and just play the game they signed up for.

Yes there will be ######### games that aren't fun, which you just have to wade through, yes you will get penalized for a legit disconnect due to loss of internet etc, but that's the cost of playing amongst cry babies and the punitive measures designed to dissuade them.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

It doesn't even need to be turned off. I had a streak of 4 matches with one player DC when I was about to pick up/hook.

There could be a system where you submit the last crash report log to remove the penalty timer. But I think the system is designed because there are probably serial DC'ers and players who try to play even though they have terrible internet.

• Mileena_Kahn

sometimes I’ll be able to play for a good time and it will crash out of nowhere sometimes it doesn’t even crash. It’s just random, believe me if I had enough money for it I would right now. It’s the only gaming system I have.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

It's literally impossible for the game to know if you crashed or ragequit. It's not not something current programming can do in any way.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Quite unfortunate but I'd rather have the dc penalty so games can at least be played.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Have you played solo q?

If not, play one night and you will see.

You will be begging for it to be increased.

• Mileena_Kahn

I’ve done that before and I notice it doesn’t really crash when I do that, I may have to start doing it more often. Thank you.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

How about survivors that DC at 5 gens? Unless the killer is nice the game will be very one sided (some would say not fun).

Survivors DCing doesn't impact the killer as much as their teammates.

• fulltonon

I'm talking about that situation, game will be one sided, survivors will lose, but the point is they can chase and rescue and heal, do gens and such.

Still better than game literally goes shut-off, at least with super long que time like right now.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

What about when survivor queue times are low? These things go in cycles.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Its like the penalty box for when you aren't getting enough goals, maybe if the game started tracking shots on goals too they'd have a reason to stay.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

DC penalty exist cause most people are crybabies that would DC every game t the map isnt their choice, the killer isnt their choice, they get hit first, a gen is done before one hook and so on. Matches would be unplayable frequently. And yeah there is nothing that can detect why a crash happens. the penalty is necessary. And if you have issues, dont play the game until its solved. youre just ruining other players games too.

• fulltonon

When survivor que times are low? I don't know, is it better to be forced to leave, or having a choice?

• Ramondiola
    Ramondiola Member Posts: 26

Sadly DC penalty is needed now, I've played with friends who had terrible internet connection and I've met the unfair side of this system. But if there was no penalty people would DC all the time for whatever reason and ruin everyone's games without having to deal with a punishment.

On a side note, I remember when they implemented the penalty for the first time, then they switched it off. THEN I started to see way more DCs than before the penalty. It was almost like people didn't realised they didn't have a penalty before

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Because i, and many others dont want people like you in our lobby.