If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Gruntilda The Witch Killer Concept

Options
pizzaduffyhp90
pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

New Killer: The Witch

Height: Tall

Movement Speed: 4.6

Terror Radius: 32M

Killer Bio: Gruntilda has always been nothing but, pure evil in her lair. When she learned she's not the prettiest one and learn it was Tooty she was determined to be the prettiest one ever. Grunty goes to kidnap Banjo's sister Tooty to steal all her prettiness but, is foiled by Banjo and Kazooie and Grunty fell from the top of her lair and was stuck under a bolder for 2 years. Grunty was than freed by 2 of her other sisters but, realized all her skin had rotten away and now she was nothing but, bones. All Grunty cares about now is revenge against the Bear and Bird that did this to her while also trying to get back to living flesh but, was foiled once again by Banjo and Kazooie and awaits once again to get revenge. Though she remembers being defeated she wakes up in a new realm in her full body and sees there's other Survivors out in this realm that'll she would enjoy doing some damage to and all that will be heard is the evil laugh of Gruntilda in the distance.

The Witch's power is Curse Orbs and Trivia: Gruntilda has learned many tricks from being a Witch unleash her power with Curse Orbs. With this power Grunty can throw Orbs that can give Survivors random effects depending if they're healthy or injured. If a survivor is hit with a spell they will scream knowing you've hit given them an affect. If healthy the orbs can give the affects of Blindness, Exhausted, Mangled, and possibly rare chance to get Exposed. When injured the affects could be Broken, Deep Wound, Hindered (for a short amount of time), Hemorrhage, and Oblivious. These affects will disappear on the Survivor once they get hit.

Gruntilda also has another Orb that'll be charged over time which will summon an orb that will lock on to a Survivor while in chase and travel towards the Survivor to injure them. Survivors can avoid this orb if they duck and get behind cover before it hits them. If it they avoid it though there Aura is revealed for a short amount of time.

When the last gen finishes Grunty will have a trivia question line up for you at the exit gate. If Survivors answer correctly you a good spell will be set upon you this could either be all Survivors get a small Haste speed, open Exit Gates quicker, or get the endurance affect for a short amount of time. However if you get the answer incorrect you end up giving The Witch more power or by hurting the whole team by giving The Witch random affects such as an Orb that locks on to a Survivor and will travel through walls, Haste, Exposed, or Undetectable, or by giving the Survivors bad affects. These affects being Hindered (for a small amount of time), all Auras revealed, increased time on opening the exit gates, or escaping the trial being blocked for a short amount of time.

Perks:

Share your looks with Beauty: after knocking down a Survivor all Boons that are set up will be reverted back to hex totems and cannot be blessed for 60/70/80 seconds

Send more curses out with Scourge Hook Witch inversion: After hooking a Survivor on a Scourge Hook All Survivors have a blurry vision and their movement is inverted for 20/22/25 seconds.

Achieve a full power with Witchcraft: After Sacrificing a Survivor the Killer's power is fully charged and activated however, will not combo with they've brought in addons.

Set Curses, Spells, and Torment with The Gruntilda Chapter in Dead By Daylight.

Comments

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

Not gonna lie, I love the idea.

Small things from this bother me like missing numbers but you wrote these like a Spotlight video so I can forgive it. The little details I'm seeing just make me love it more. But as trying to give fair shakes to these concepts, I'm gonna say these small criticisms. Don't let them change anything if you don't want them to. This is awesome and I want to see more from you.

Power Breakdown:

Curse Orbs:

Fires projectiles that inflict status effects depending on the health-state of a survivor. (Excellent Idea and a thing I kind of want to hear more about.)

If you hit a healthy survivor: Blindness, Exhausted, Mangled, and rare chance to get Exposed.

First would be removing Mangled from this list and adding it to injured. Healthy survivors don't get affected by it at all and it disappears instantly once applied in this situation only really getting a location on them. which is fine but maybe switch this with Hindering in the other list.

If you hit an Injured Survivor: Broken, Deep Wound, Hindered (for a short amount of time), Hemorrhage, and Oblivious.

all of this works fine but....

All applied effects disappear on the survivor being hit. (Now here's a blatant contradiction why does the hindered effect have a stipulation for time but nothing else does.) If they disappear from damage, there's no point in making hindered last a short time. along with that Deep Wounds. while yes that effect is there and is fine for what this is maybe remove it.

Overall, though, this part of the power is fine. a few tweaks here and there will make all the effects work as they should.

Second Orb:

The Numbers on this are missing entirely but let's work this out.

While in chase after an amount of time, a second orb will appear and follow the survivor and home in on them for a short time eventually hitting something (whether it's a wall or survivor is irrelevant).

okay so I like this but maybe make it follow Scratch marks specifically. Grunty's a witch she could figure it out. it would also help serve more options to Grunty.

If the Orb hits a survivor, they take damage.

If it hits a Wall, the aura of the survivor being chased is revealed for a short time. (Usually this means about 3-5 seconds)

Defining how big this thing is, changes my thoughts on this. If the orb is large enough to do this, then fine yeah, I get it. if it's a small orb that travels over small objects then maybe see how it would do in another way.

trivia:

okay so... this is something that is very unique and there's a lot to unpack.

When the Exit Gates are powered Survivors must try and solve a Trivia question before they can attempt to open the exit gates. The answer's result determines the effect. (What types of questions... and do the players have to solve them?)

Correct answers are a buff to the survivors: Haste, Increased opening speed, Endurance

Incorrect answers are a buff to Grunty: Unstoppable Orb (as I call it), Haste, Undetectable.

Incorrect answer could also Nerf Survivors: Exposed, Hindering, reveal their auras, decreased opening speed, or block switches for some time.

Okay now, if the survivors let go, do they have to solve another? all the effects here are fine except a mislabel on Exposed. This is fun, but to keep it fair, make the Questions about the current trial in particular if the Players are the ones answering the questions.

That's it for the power. To help in making these questions and other things I imagine a game with the killer power in question. For Grunty here, I did a Coal Tower game. anyhow.

Perks:

This is where the criticism will be a bit harsher as perks are the easier of the two major parts of a killer to make and have to be applicable to all killers in some way.

Beauty:

Putting a Survivor into the Dying State (by any means?) causes all Boon Totems to become Hex Totems that cannot be blessed again for 60/70/80 seconds.

okay so first what do you mean by Hex Totems here. if it means inverting the effects of the boon okay. The only thing I want to say is maybe have the entity block the turned Totems for less time than currently stated. And only the Boons associate with that survivor.

(Suggested Changed Description) Putting survivor into the Dying State by any means causes Totems blessed by that survivor to become Hex Totems with the inverse effects of the original blessing. This totem becomes blocked by the Entity for the next 40/50/60 seconds. Converted Totems still count as Active Boon Perks for a survivor meaning a survivor cannot boon another totem while Beauty is affecting them.

Scourge Hook: Witch Inversion:

After hooking a Survivor on a Scourge Hook All Survivors suffer from blurry vision, and their movement is inverted for 20/22/25 seconds.

Fun, but please no. This is a weird one to work with. By Blurry Vision I assume you mean similar to Clown's Intoxication effect. Where I, sadly, draw the line is inverting movement controls for that long. Personally I'd limit the Movement inversion to at most (tier 3) 10 seconds. but really there's very little wrong with this perk just a personal preference.

WitchCraft:

After Sacrificing a Survivor, the Killer's power is fully charged and activated however, will not combo with they've brought in addons.

Hi yes... what does this mean? more specifically what about those weird Combo things. Like Trapper, (does it generate a new trap?) or Hillbilly (recover all Overheat build up?) There's also a Teir up effect missing but for this it's a little hard to quantify. This perk is witchcraft and by that logic. let's try this.

(Suggested Change Log):

Make this a Hex and make it appear once a survivor is Sacrificed to the Entity.

Increase the effects of addons by 10/20/30%

The aura of the Totem is shown to survivors for 3 seconds after 20 seconds. (Fairness change, trust me it's needed)

Instantly recharge the Power every time a survivor is Hooked after the Totem activates.

For all Kilers this means:

Trapper: All Unset Traps become Active

Wraith: Instantly becomes cloaked

Hillbilly/ Cannibal: All overheat is removed and charge time for the next use of the ability is increased by 50%

Nurse: Charge time for Blinks is increased by 25%

Shape: Makes the Shape Teir up from its current (with Scratched and Vanity Mirrors this does not work)

Hag: The next Trap becomes 10% faster to place.

Doctor: Static Blast becomes Available.

Huntress: Instantly reloads all Hatchets.

Nightmare: All survivors immediately become asleep.

Pig: Active Traps lose 2 seconds on their timer.

Clown: Instantly Reloads all Bottles

Spirit: Yamaoka's Haunting becomes available

Legion: Feral Frenzy becomes available

Plague: The Next Vile Purge charges 50% faster

Ghostface: Night Shroud becomes available

Demogorgon: The Next Portal interaction happens 25% faster

Oni: Blood Fury Charges completely

Death Slinger: Instantly Reloads the Redeemer

Pyramid head: Completely Charges the Torment Trail Gauge

Blight: Next fatigue from rushes is 25% faster

Twins: Victor's Idle Timer is completely refilled.

Trickster: Reloads all Trick Blades

Nemesis: Tiers up from current Stage

Cenobite: Next Chain used applies 4 chains

Artist: Birds of Torment becomes completely charged.

(Grunty) Witch: Second Orb becomes able to be used.

looks up at this list Dear lord that's a lot. Sorry this one needed so much. Without defined effects this perk is scary in how it could function so it's better to define it now, what do you think?

(Suggested Perk Description):

Hex: Witchcraft:

After Sacrificing a Survivor, if there is at least one Dull totem remaining in the Trial Hex: Witchcraft activates on a random totem.

While Hex: Witchcraft is active:

• Addon effects are increased by 10/20/30%
    • {Killer Specific Ability} every time a survivor becomes hooked.

After being active for 20 seconds the aura of the Totem with Hex: Witchcraft applied to it is revealed to all Living Survivors for 3 seconds.

Sorry if these changes seem to be a lot. I have a lot of respect for the Balance of Perks and powers in the game, so these kinds of things often become projects in and of themselves. Take all of these changes however you please and don't overthink anything I've said. Good luck in your future endeavors and I hope to see more of this.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Glad you like the concept I should've specified a couple things in the post and yeah some of this is kinda what I was referring to especially on the perks. However with her power so the orbs basically are like the fireballs she throws in her boss fight in the 1st banjo kazooie game and they explode on when they hit the ground and a survivor gets hit by it or is near the blast radius than it gives them the effect.

The Orb that locks onto the Survivor I wasn't really thinking of the Scratch marks so that's a good option to have for that.

Trivia again I should've specified what the questions would be but, what I was thinking of were DBD questions like, who's the 5th killer on the list if you own all the killers? or maybe something like which of these perks help with tunneling? basically giving you options to select from. For a curveball because Grunty has them in her quizes she'd ask a question about herself that only comes from her lore and that one might be unfair for some but, that's who Grunty is she plays unfair sometimes.

But glad you enjoy the concept I do have another concept that was made in January for Dead Hand from Ocarina Of Time. Which probably has some mistakes that I forgot to specify as well lol. So if you wanna see it here you go https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306346/dead-hand-killer-concept#latest and yes I will probably make another concept at somepoint when though who knows.